2023 T5 tracking | Page 6 | Income tax filing | Discussion forum

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
2023 T5 tracking
February 12, 2024
5:37 am
savemoresaveoften
Members
Forum Posts: 2895
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
101sp_Permalink sp_Print

HSBC available for download now.

February 12, 2024
9:34 am
Dean
Valhalla Mountains, British Columbia
Members
Forum Posts: 1920

FWIW . . .

My CPP & OAS T4As arrived in the mail 2day.

Dean

sf-cool " Live Long, Healthy ... And Prosper! " sf-cool

February 15, 2024
7:59 am
phrank
Members
Forum Posts: 314
103sp_Permalink sp_Print

I see incoming mail from mymail in app for DUCA, but nothing online.

I also am still not receiving email notifications from the mymail app. I unsubscribed and re-subscribed and made sure everything was enabled and received the welcome to mymail email. Hopefully that will start working now.

I've received nothing on mycra.

February 15, 2024
8:03 am
mr2711
Members
Forum Posts: 16
104sp_Permalink sp_Print

phrank said
I see incoming mail from mymail in app for DUCA, but nothing online.

I also am still not receiving email notifications from the mymail app. I unsubscribed and re-subscribed and made sure everything was enabled and received the welcome to mymail email. Hopefully that will start working now.

That mail is for "2024 Board of Directors Election". Not T5.

February 15, 2024
8:57 am
AltaRed
BC Interior
Members
Forum Posts: 2910

phrank said

There should not be much yet in CRA My Account. It is only mid-February after all. Check again at the end of Feb, or better yet, end of first week in March.

I went in to CRA My Account this morning (as per email notice) to pick up my installment payment reminder this morning (for March and June) and only a few tax slip items were there, such as T4A(OAS) and T4A(CPP) and T4ARIF.

February 15, 2024
9:05 am
cgouimet
Members
Forum Posts: 1477
106sp_Permalink sp_Print

We had our CPP & OAS T4's via Canada Post Jan 17 last year.

The 2024's show up on CRA but still nothing via Canada Post ...

CGO
February 15, 2024
10:16 am
Dean
Valhalla Mountains, British Columbia
Members
Forum Posts: 1920
107sp_Permalink sp_Print

Cgouimet . . .

See post #102

Dean

sf-cool " Live Long, Healthy ... And Prosper! " sf-cool

February 15, 2024
10:25 am
AltaRed
BC Interior
Members
Forum Posts: 2910

cgouimet said
We had our CPP & OAS T4's via Canada Post Jan 17 last year.

The 2024's show up on CRA but still nothing via Canada Post ...  

Why does it matter? As long as you can access them in one location, e.g. CRA My Account, you can download in PDF form.

P.S. I've had the occasional/rare glitch (non-receipt) of important materials via Canada Post from time to time over the past 15 years. Each piece of letter mail is handled physically numerous times between source and destination and each piece can be mishandled/lost/mangled at any of those steps. It is astounding to me that as much physical mail makes it to its destination as it already does. As an example, from time to time, there are reported instances of contractors dumping bags of mail in ditches, i.e. not making it to community superboxes. Rely on Canada Post at your peril.

February 16, 2024
7:50 am
cgouimet
Members

AltaRed said

Why does it matter? As long as you can access them in one location, e.g. CRA My Account, you can download in PDF form.

P.S. I've had the occasional/rare glitch (non-receipt) of important materials via Canada Post from time to time over the past 15 years. Each piece of letter mail is handled physically numerous times between source and destination and each piece can be mishandled/lost/mangled at any of those steps. It is astounding to me that as much physical mail makes it to its destination as it already does. As an example, from time to time, there are reported instances of contractors dumping bags of mail in ditches, i.e. not making it to community superboxes. Rely on Canada Post at your peril.  

I know that. I just found it curious that while I had received both mine and spouse's Jan 17 last year, still nothing on Feb 15 this year.

Anyways, mine arrived today. Perhaps spouse's next week.

CGO
February 16, 2024
4:36 pm
Alexandre
Members
Forum Posts: 1123
110sp_Permalink sp_Print

Manulife T5 arrived in the mail today.

February 17, 2024
4:14 pm
phrank
Members
111sp_Permalink sp_Print

mr2711 said

That mail is for "2024 Board of Directors Election". Not T5.  

You were right, not t5 from Duca yet, but the tangerine ones showed up in the My CRA when I logged in today.

February 20, 2024
1:04 pm
savemoresaveoften
Members
Forum Posts: 2895
112sp_Permalink sp_Print

Cibc T3 snail mail arrived.

February 21, 2024
11:49 am
Warwick111
Members
Forum Posts: 56

Just realized I cannot download T5 from the new Hubert system. I will have to rely on snail mail as Hubert did not upload T5 to my CRA account until May last year.

February 21, 2024
5:41 pm
RetirEd
Members
Forum Posts: 1025
114sp_Permalink sp_Print

Only my Peoples T5s haven't arrived now. If it had been advantageous for me to buy more RRSP this year, I would have had to hustle to finish my return and fight off the RRSP crowd by February 29th!

As it turns out, it wasn't; the higher GIC interest starting last year didn't pay out early enough for it to drive my income into the tax zone. Next year, I'll be too old to use that little bit of RRSP room.

Apologies for not being able to find the topic (something about retirement) where someone suggested putting money INTO an RRSP just before age 71, letting it sit in an RRIF tax-free until the required minimum withdrawals. They indicated I'd have to make that deposit in the first 60 days of the year, not the first 90, in the year before RRIF conversion. Anyone remember the topic?

RetirEd

February 21, 2024
5:51 pm
Alexandre
Members
Forum Posts: 1123
115sp_Permalink sp_Print

Meridian CU T5 available online.

February 21, 2024
6:06 pm
Norman1
Members
Forum Posts: 6794
116sp_Permalink sp_Print

RetirEd said

As it turns out, it wasn't; the higher GIC interest starting last year didn't pay out early enough for it to drive my income into the tax zone. Next year, I'll be too old to use that little bit of RRSP room.

Apologies for not being able to find the topic (something about retirement) where someone suggested putting money INTO an RRSP just before age 71, letting it sit in an RRIF tax-free until the required minimum withdrawals. They indicated I'd have to make that deposit in the first 60 days of the year, not the first 90, in the year before RRIF conversion. Anyone remember the topic?

That sounds like my post in The RRIF quandry.

Doesn't have to be in the first 60 days of the year before one turns 71. Can be anytime one can still have an RRSP including anytime in the year one turns 71. Can also be anytime one's spouse can still have an RRSP for a spousal contribution.

February 22, 2024
8:11 am
phrank
Members
117sp_Permalink sp_Print

Warwick111 said
Just realized I cannot download T5 from the new Hubert system. I will have to rely on snail mail as Hubert did not upload T5 to my CRA account until May last year.  

You did better than me. They uploaded to my CRA in November!!

Duca also seems to have gotten worse. Prior years my T5 was online during the first week of Feb, now still nothing.

February 23, 2024
12:25 am
RetirEd
Members
Forum Posts: 1025

Thanks for your help, Norman1. I hope I would have understood and gone back to re-read if I could have found your post. We are such good resources for each other here!

I'll have to save that post for when my aging volatile RAM needs to decide on next year's planning.

T5: Peoples Trust and Peoples Bank finished my tax slip portfolio with today's arrivals. Looks like I will avoid tax for one more year.

RetirEd

February 24, 2024
10:13 am
Warwick111
Members
Forum Posts: 56
119sp_Permalink sp_Print

I received my Hubert T5 in the mail yesterday (Feb.23) and Achieva Financial T5 is available online.

February 27, 2024
8:36 am
cgouimet
Members
120sp_Permalink sp_Print

Access T5's received today.

From a Markham ON PO Box ???

CGO

Please write your comments in the forum.