2023 T5 tracking | Page 9 | Income tax filing | Discussion forum

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
2023 T5 tracking
March 4, 2024
1:44 pm
rk
Members
Forum Posts: 71
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
161sp_Permalink sp_Print

Finally Duca has posted my T5 under e-Documents. They dated it Dec. 31st, 2023 though.
Last time when I checked (a couple of days ago) it was not there.
For previous years the date shows the actual date when it was posted (e.g. Feb.7)
Anyway, the date is not important, it is good that it has arrived.

March 4, 2024
1:52 pm
phrank
Members
Forum Posts: 312
162sp_Permalink sp_Print

rk said
Finally Duca has posted my T5 under e-Documents. They dated it Dec. 31st, 2023 though.
Last time when I checked (a couple of days ago) it was not there.
For previous years the date shows the actual date when it was posted (e.g. Feb.7)
Anyway, the date is not important, it is good that it has arrived.  

Finally, now I can let my account go dormant sf-laugh

March 4, 2024
6:04 pm
Laertes
Members
Forum Posts: 48

Alexandra said
Received my Motive T5 today in the mail. Envelope was from CWB Financial Group, Edmonton.

I also received my Motive T5 today. I will finish my return this week, and file next week. I got burned last year when I thought I had everything and filed really early, then other documentation arrived. So, I will wait a bit.

March 5, 2024
11:48 am
RAV4guy
Members
Forum Posts: 43
164sp_Permalink sp_Print

My Laurentian Bank and Motive Financial (Canadian Western Bank) T5 arrived by mail yesterday. That completes all my T5. There have been no T3 so far.

March 5, 2024
12:13 pm
savemoresaveoften
Members
Forum Posts: 2875
165sp_Permalink sp_Print

RAV4guy said
My Laurentian Bank and Motive Financial (Canadian Western Bank) T5 arrived by mail yesterday. That completes all my T5. There have been no T3 so far.  

T3 are end of March deadline. Most if not all FI not ready to send them out until 2rd-3rd week of March.

March 5, 2024
12:15 pm
Laertes
Members
Forum Posts: 48
166sp_Permalink sp_Print

savemoresaveoften said

T3 are end of March deadline. Most if not all FI not ready to send them out until 2rd-3rd week of March.  

This is the exact reason I moved all my investments in trusts to my TFSA. I hated waiting when I was otherwise ready to file.

March 5, 2024
12:20 pm
cgouimet
Members
Forum Posts: 1474
167sp_Permalink sp_Print

Laertes said

This is the exact reason I moved all my investments in trusts to my TFSA. I hated waiting when I was otherwise ready to file.  

I get my IG T3's just before end of Feb every year.

CGO
March 5, 2024
12:23 pm
AltaRed
BC Interior
Members
Forum Posts: 2885
168sp_Permalink sp_Print

I usually make a mental note to set aside Apr 10th, give or take a day, to do my taxes and then Netfile a week later, using the time in between to re-think whether i have entered everything. There has been only the rare time when an FI will re-issue a modified T3 later than about mid-April.

March 13, 2024
11:51 am
BTC
Members
Forum Posts: 14
169sp_Permalink sp_Print

SIN is masked on all copies of T5 downloaded from CRA account. This is not the case for T5 slips in the mail. Why is that? It is super risky if any paper version of T5 arrives in the wrong hands.

March 13, 2024
1:06 pm
AltaRed
BC Interior
Members
170sp_Permalink sp_Print

This is a reason why I do my very best never to receive paper tax slips in Canada Post, or anything from CRA for that matter.

Alas, there are a few where I cannot get the FI to do online PDF. It is so very easy for one's SIN to be stolen at a number of points in the CP mail delivery process.

March 13, 2024
4:37 pm
CAD
Members
Forum Posts: 24
171sp_Permalink sp_Print

And what you would YOU do with stolen SIN????

March 13, 2024
4:45 pm
AltaRed
BC Interior
Members

CAD said
And what you would YOU do with stolen SIN????  

Nothing because I have no interest in identity theft but there is a market for SIN numbers and postal employees are well positioned to sell vast quantities of numbers into that market. I have not seen recent numbers for street value but some years ago each number was worth in the range of $20. US SSN numbers apparently might have more value for reasons unknown to me.

https://www.canada.ca/en/employment-social-development/services/sin/protection.html

March 13, 2024
4:51 pm
cgouimet
Members
Forum Posts: 1474
173sp_Permalink sp_Print

AltaRed said

Nothing because I have no interest in identity theft but there is a market for SIN numbers and postal employees are well positioned to sell vast quantities of numbers into that market. I have not seen recent numbers for street value but some years ago each number was worth in the range of $20. US SSN numbers apparently might have more value for reasons unknown to me.

https://www.canada.ca/en/employment-social-development/services/sin/protection.html  

I was getting swaety thinking about sin but you talking SIN ... 🙂

CGO
March 24, 2024
11:01 am
BK
Members
Forum Posts: 17
174sp_Permalink sp_Print

I have received my T5 from Hubert/Access through snail mail, but it has still not shown up in my CRA My Account. Anyone else in this situation?

March 24, 2024
11:34 am
MDJ
Members
Forum Posts: 52

BK said
I have received my T5 from Hubert/Access through snail mail, but it has still not shown up in my CRA My Account. Anyone else in this situation?  

Yup. Actually I have others in hand but not in CRA as well. Happens year after year. So can’t use auto fill on my software.

March 24, 2024
11:36 am
MDJ
Members
Forum Posts: 52
176sp_Permalink sp_Print

Also T5’s from Accelerate/Hubert may not be issued in both names if joint.

March 24, 2024
12:50 pm
AltaRed
BC Interior
Members
177sp_Permalink sp_Print

I don't see a thread on T3 tax slip tracking but they are starting to come in now too. Usually start about mid-March and filter through to about Apr 5th (last postmark date of March 29th this year I imagine (the 30th and 31st being a weekend), or maybe Apr 1st.

Mutual funds, REITs, ETFs and other trust structured holdings.

March 24, 2024
1:43 pm
hwyc
GTA
Members
Forum Posts: 1169
178sp_Permalink sp_Print

Got two soft T3s from TDDI

March 26, 2024
12:54 pm
Just the facts
Members
Forum Posts: 6

Does anyone know why some Financial Institutions in Canada are allowed to ignore reporting T5 information to Revenue Canada? It would make autofill more valuable if the CRA made all Financial Institutions get on board.
Shame on Access Credit Union(Hubert), Motive (Canadian Western Bank), Wealth One Bank.

Maybe it's not these banks that need shaming but the CRA (or Finance Minister)?sf-cry

April 6, 2024
5:54 am
dommm
Members
Forum Posts: 157
180sp_Permalink sp_Print

Has anyone received a T5 from Habib Canadian Bank? So far it has not been entered on my CRA account. Thanks

Please write your comments in the forum.