2023 T5 tracking | Page 4 | Income tax filing | Discussion forum

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
2023 T5 tracking
February 1, 2024
12:52 pm
cgouimet
Members
Forum Posts: 1474
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Perhaps there's a list of available ads to pick from?

sf-laugh

I just keep a small recycle bin under our mail box ...

CGO
February 2, 2024
8:59 am
phrank
Members
Forum Posts: 312

savemoresaveoften said

will this stop the McD, pizzas and other junk food coupons tho ? I still want those 🙂  

It stops everything except community flyers for us. Can't you just get those coupons through an app?

February 2, 2024
9:02 am
phrank
Members

cgouimet said
Perhaps there's a list of available ads to pick from?

sf-laugh

I just keep a small recycle bin under our mail box ...  

When we lived in areas where they delivered mail to the door, we took down our mailbox and only had a recycle bin.sf-laugh

February 2, 2024
12:22 pm
savemoresaveoften
Members
Forum Posts: 2885

phrank said

It stops everything except community flyers for us. Can't you just get those coupons through an app?  

Depends on app. A lot of apps won’t show all coupons but can input the code that one sees on the paper coupons.
Also the paper coupons help alert me of what’s available. Also I turn off notifications from junk food apps so I don’t get bombarded with text msg that is trying to make me fat

Yes it’s a first class problem lol

February 2, 2024
1:34 pm
Lodown
Members
Forum Posts: 196

phrank said
Maybe someone else is able to do these things on your computers, but unless someone confirms otherwise, looks like this is smartphone access only.  

Unlike Apple garbage products, Windows computers can do anything...if it is new enough! If your computer supports "virtualization", install an Android emulator, like Bluestacks, on your Windows computer. This will allow you to emulate an Android phone and Android version. Download the Canada Post App into the emulator and run it. Note, you may need a 12 year old to help the first time 🙂

February 2, 2024
6:48 pm
phrank
Members

Lodown said

Unlike Apple garbage products, Windows computers can do anything...if it is new enough! If your computer supports "virtualization", install an Android emulator, like Bluestacks, on your Windows computer. This will allow you to emulate an Android phone and Android version. Download the Canada Post App into the emulator and run it. Note, you may need a 12 year old to help the first time 🙂  

Oh yeah, good point. I forgot about this possibility. I did it in the past when I had the energy and interest. It was very easy to do for those who are concerned because they're older than 12 years old sf-laugh. These days I don't tinker much with my computers so I had totally forgot about this ability. Thanks for the reminder.

February 3, 2024
3:13 am
RetirEd
Members
Forum Posts: 1019

bhuc: I haven't tried this, but many of my neighbours simply put a sticky red dot on their mail slots to stop unaddressed mail and they say it works.

Having a selection list would be a lot of work for the letter carriers who must sort and deliver mail - often a dozen junk items to an individual addressee! I think that's asking for too much.

Oddly, I get Member of Parliament newsletters from adjacent electoral districts as well as my own. I suspect they can only send to individual postal code blocks, which may not coincide with ridings.

I don't want to have to seek out and check each outfit whose flyers and coupons I want to know about. I don't want to have to print coupons, and it's so much easier for me to mark up or clip apart flyers than to write down what I see on-line. (My handwriting is terrible and it's handy to have the flyer or clipping at the store if there's disagreement.)

McDonald's is trying to force us to go on line and get scanned for their coupons. They have greatly shrunk their coupon booklets (here in my part of Vancouver) and those now contain only one or two coupons that don't require a "meal deal" with high-profit drinks and fries. I just want my sandwiches and to drink my own drinks at home, which are super-cheap in the 2-litre sizes. (Or for those who make themselves coffee or tea.)

P.S. McDonald's fries suck. Not that I like fries much anyway.

RetirEd

February 3, 2024
9:55 am
Dean
Valhalla Mountains, British Columbia
Members
Forum Posts: 1914

What we have here is one of the Most 'Hijacked' threads/topics
in recent history ❗

LOL sf-laugh

Dean

sf-cool " Live Long, Healthy ... And Prosper! " sf-cool

February 3, 2024
10:23 am
savemoresaveoften
Members

Dean said
in recent history ❗

LOL sf-laugh

Dean

cuz we all impatiently waiting for more T5 to be posted lol

February 3, 2024
10:24 am
dougjp
Members
Forum Posts: 575

Dean said
in recent history ❗

LOL sf-laugh

Dean

Gotta agree with you on that! I suppose its just that there is no "Complaint Against Canada Post" section in this..... money forum. Got involved myself, almost by instinct. sf-confused

The main accomplishment of almost all organized protests is to
annoy people who are not in them.

February 3, 2024
10:37 am
HermanH
Members
Forum Posts: 1167

RetirEd said
McDonald's is trying to force us to go on line and get scanned for their coupons. They have greatly shrunk their coupon booklets (here in my part of Vancouver) and those now contain only one or two coupons that don't require a "meal deal" with high-profit drinks and fries. I just want my sandwiches and to drink my own drinks at home

Don't know why anyone bothers with McDonalds, when you can get better for cheaper with Wendys. I can get a double Baconator (1/2 pound meat + bacon) for about $4 while the double Quarter-Pounder (1/2 pound meat and no bacon) is almost $9

Sadly, use of their app is required to get this deal.

February 3, 2024
10:44 am
cgouimet
Members
Forum Posts: 1474

HermanH said

RetirEd said
McDonald's is trying to force us to go on line and get scanned for their coupons. They have greatly shrunk their coupon booklets (here in my part of Vancouver) and those now contain only one or two coupons that don't require a "meal deal" with high-profit drinks and fries. I just want my sandwiches and to drink my own drinks at home

Don't know why anyone bothers with McDonalds, when you can get better for cheaper with Wendys. I can get a double Baconator (1/2 pound meat + bacon) for about $4 while the double Quarter-Pounder (1/2 pound meat and no bacon) is almost $9

Do you get T5's with that?

CGO
February 3, 2024
11:02 am
Dean
Valhalla Mountains, British Columbia
Members
Forum Posts: 1914

dougjp said

Gotta agree with you on that! I suppose its just that there is no "Complaint Against Canada Post" section in this..... money forum. Got involved myself, almost by instinct. sf-confused  

Non-financial Topics & Subjects (eg. "Complaint Against Canada Post") are allowed here, and would typically go in this section

Dean sf-smile

sf-cool " Live Long, Healthy ... And Prosper! " sf-cool

February 4, 2024
4:40 am
RetirEd
Members

I've replied to HermanH in a private message. In the unlikely event that anyone cares, message me.

RetirEd

February 4, 2024
6:23 am
savemoresaveoften
Members

HermanH said

RetirEd said

How u get that sandwich for $4 even with the Wendy's app ?
I have the app and use it regularly but dont see that.

February 4, 2024
12:21 pm
HermanH
Members

cgouimet said

Do you get T5's with that?  

Only a T3, so that I can declare the capital gains. sf-wink

February 4, 2024
1:26 pm
HermanH
Members

savemoresaveoften said How u get that sandwich for $4 even with the Wendy's app ?
I have the app and use it regularly but dont see that.  

Sent you PM.

February 5, 2024
6:09 am
RetirEd
Members

My intention in pointing HermanH to private mail was to stop the topic drift. Good luck with that...

RetirEd

February 5, 2024
6:22 am
savemoresaveoften
Members

If history repeats itself, a few more FI will post T5 this week. This thread will naturally drift back to the original intention.

February 5, 2024
9:41 am
phrank
Members

RetirEd said
My intention in pointing HermanH to private mail was to stop the topic drift. Good luck with that...  

I don't know, imo it's all relevant. You can't really know how everyone else's mind works.

I'm looking forward to this new layer of being able to monitor my T5s arriving by mail... if it works.

Please write your comments in the forum.