2023 T5 tracking | Page 3 | Income tax filing | Discussion forum

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
2023 T5 tracking
January 31, 2024
8:27 am
RAV4guy
Members
Forum Posts: 43
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Bridgewater Bank T5 arrived by mail on January 30. I live in Ontario.

January 31, 2024
8:35 am
phrank
Members
Forum Posts: 312

dougjp said

I did the same, signed up but then blank advantages. So I found an e-mail contact and wrote:
" Hello. I signed up with Canada Post today in order to get the MyMail option that I see can give me notices by e-mail of upcoming mail deliveries. I don't have a smartphone.
Is the google play store app compatible with Windows 10 computers? If not, what is the procedure to get MyMail or otherwise be advised by e-mail of future deliveries? "
Answer: " Thank you for your email. Unfortunately, MyMail is currently only available on Android and iOS. Unfortunately, we do not support Windows 10 for MyMail. "
Bizarre. We are talking about e-mail advice's, not SMS. Useless. What's the fastest way to delete my account. sf-yell  

...and why do they let you sign up then on your computer? lol. Thank you for letting me know. I emailed them several days ago asking them to delete my account and to confirm, but they probably will never respond. I see instructions for how to delete the account, but I see no options or any info when I login, so again you can probably only delete your account in app. No wonder canada post is always losing money.

January 31, 2024
8:44 am
cgouimet
Members
Forum Posts: 1474

Canada Post's ePost was OK although I could never understand why Companies & Cities were were sending emails via ePost instead of maintaining their email distributions.

All other Canada Post online offerings are/were always confusing, poorly documented and poorly implemented.

But Canada Post has now discontinued it's only OK online offering (ePost). They need to hire more 12 year olds to smarten up their online presence.

CGO
January 31, 2024
9:11 am
Oscar
Members
Forum Posts: 283

Alexandre said

RetirEd said
I don't give out an E-mail address to any entity that bills or notifies me, as some of them will now stop mailing if they have an E-mail address. And E-mail is unreliable and insecure.

It used to be that some billers were sending full bills attached to emails as PDF file. While convenient, that were woefully insecure and you are right about it. Historically.

Nowadays emails from every biller and FI I deal with are nothing more than notification: "You have a bill, you owe that much, due by that date. Login to our Web site to see details of your bill."

I am with Virgin mobile and I am very unhappy with their insistence on sending my monthly invoice notifications by email that include account details including full name, account number, cellphone number , statement date , balance due and due date, all in the clear. I called once and I think they told me the only way to not get these emails was to download their mobile app. This is a big company that continues this practice in 2024 !

January 31, 2024
9:23 am
Dean
Valhalla Mountains, British Columbia
Members
Forum Posts: 1914

Meh sf-confused

Meanwhile, back at the Ranch . . .

Are there any other T5s to report ?

Dean

sf-cool " Live Long, Healthy ... And Prosper! " sf-cool

January 31, 2024
10:41 am
CAD
Members
Forum Posts: 26

CAD said
'Good news' is Bulk Barn flyer is on the way.

Little update.
Flyer did arrive the same day as app did notify.

BAD news: for some reason app wants to verify me Again even though it did that successfully yesterday. Now they want me to go to post office, bring government ID with address (or ID with any official paper showing my address) so 'retail clerk' can verify my ID.
Even worse news is 'Canada Post retains and securely retains the document type, number, expiry date, issuing authority, etc., etc....'
Well, NO WAY I am going to have them to keep such info. 'Securely'? Yeah, right.
So this app has to go...

January 31, 2024
10:58 am
dougjp
Members
Forum Posts: 575

phrank said

...and why do they let you sign up then on your computer? lol. Thank you for letting me know. I emailed them several days ago asking them to delete my account and to confirm, but they probably will never respond. I see instructions for how to delete the account, but I see no options or any info when I login, so again you can probably only delete your account in app. No wonder canada post is always losing money.  

I think you can go into your Profile after signing in on a computer and choose 'close account'.

The main accomplishment of almost all organized protests is to
annoy people who are not in them.

January 31, 2024
3:39 pm
savemoresaveoften
Members
Forum Posts: 2885

Interesting that Canada Post never asked me for any IDs to confirm my ID when I signed up when this email snail mail service alert first went live,
I did have a Canada Post app signed up for years to track parcel etc. Maybe that makes a difference, but then of course when signing up a profile for the app at the time, it’s no different from signing up for say McDonlads app either lol

January 31, 2024
6:34 pm
phrank
Members

dougjp said

I think you can go into your Profile after signing in on a computer and choose 'close account'.  

I don't even have an option to go into my profile. It's all blank! I've tried in multiple browsers on multiple computers at various levels of security and there's nothing.

The funny thing when I just tried now is that today I do get something, a warning that some portions of their website will be down on Feb 4th. They are such a gong show.

January 31, 2024
7:03 pm
phrank
Members

savemoresaveoften said

For those concerned about privacy, the sender info is in their system in the cloud, whether you like it or not . Its NOT physical, paper trail only as one may think. Weclome to 2024 🙂

sample:

Screenshot-2024-01-29-133825.jpg  

Does it send an email notifying you of the mail, or does the notification only showing up in app? If they send an email I may try to get a friend to set up my account on their phone and then just get emails, but if it only notifies through the app it's completely useless to me.

Thanks for the help!

January 31, 2024
7:12 pm
phrank
Members

For those able to get mymail tracking working I wonder if it actually is a form of added security? Mail in our neighborhood is often put in the wrong mailbox. I would imagine you would get notified that mail is on the way to you and then if the person putting the mail in the mailbox puts it in the wrong mailbox, you would know it was misplaced because you were notified for mail which never came. Like the person who received a photo of their amazon delivery on someone else's porch.

This would be a great plus for financial documents. Already this year we have had 2x financial documents mailed to us never arrive. Probably put in the wrong mailbox and the person who received them did what ever with them.

January 31, 2024
11:09 pm
ponyFlower
Members
Forum Posts: 7

There's no security whatsoever, and the accuracy is way off. I signed up a couple of weeks ago, and I keep getting notifications for mail that's meant for my neighbors, not me.
According to the app, I have 10 items coming in, but most likely none of them are actually for me.
If things don't improve soon, I'll have to cancel this service because it's not helpful.

temp.JPG

February 1, 2024
12:51 am
cgouimet
Members
Forum Posts: 1474

ponyFlower said
There's no security whatsoever, and the accuracy is way off. I signed up a couple of weeks ago, and I keep getting notifications for mail that's meant for my neighbors, not me.
According to the app, I have 10 items coming in, but most likely none of them are actually for me.
If things don't improve soon, I'll have to cancel this service because it's not helpful.

temp.JPG  

Curious ...

Are in a detached home with home delivery or are you in an appartment building or are you receiving mail in a community box?

CGO
February 1, 2024
5:38 am
savemoresaveoften
Members

phrank said

Does it send an email notifying you of the mail, or does the notification only showing up in app? If they send an email I may try to get a friend to set up my account on their phone and then just get emails, but if it only notifies through the app it's completely useless to me.

Thanks for the help!  

Yes they send a email daily what’s arriving. I have the CanadaPost app and I see I can also sign in there for Mymail but I didn’t. Never use the app for that purpose yet, only for parcel tracking so far.

Yes, to me it’s added security for mail I anticipate, esp true during tax season when those FI that still lives in Stone Age and insist paper T5 etc.

Mine is community mailbox but either way I can not believe another poster’s comment of receiving 10 notices and none of them are real / his. It’s based on actual address not just postal code, so it’s unique.
Even when it’s a semi detached, there is something the address that makes it unique. Not the first time there are townhomes, semidetached in Canada. But then I can’t confirm or deny what CanPost is doing, but Mymail is a plus for me.

February 1, 2024
5:42 am
RetirEd
Members
Forum Posts: 1019

I'm in a once-luxurious sixties-era condo apartment with through-the-door delivery. Canada Post long ago threatened to put a set of postboxes in our lobby but hasn't so far. I wondered if our lobby is too small for that, but I know a man some streets away whose mail lobby is so small two people can't pass each other in it!

I get my neighbour's mail, or from a downstairs neighbour, about once a year, and vice versa, and they and I seem pretty trustworthy about it.

On the other hand, we often see mail for another building sitting in our lobby, with FORWARD TO ADDRESSEE scrawled on it. sf-frown

RetirEd

February 1, 2024
6:19 am
savemoresaveoften
Members

RetirEd said
I'm in a once-luxurious sixties-era condo apartment with through-the-door delivery. Canada Post long ago threatened to put a set of postboxes in our lobby but hasn't so far. I wondered if our lobby is too small for that, but I know a man some streets away whose mail lobby is so small two people can't pass each other in it!

I get my neighbour's mail, or from a downstairs neighbour, about once a year, and vice versa, and they and I seem pretty trustworthy about it.

On the other hand, we often see mail for another building sitting in our lobby, with FORWARD TO ADDRESSEE scrawled on it. sf-frown  

Interesting enuf, we literally order a few dozens of amazon order each year, and so far they all arrive to the correct house !

With Canada Post now also do flyer delivery to my mail box, which I hate cuz I need to check to make sure something important is not folded btw flyers ! With so many apps (flipp etc) out there checking flyers online, they should just stop paper flyers completely to save the tree, save the environment, and save $ too !

February 1, 2024
8:11 am
bhuc
Toronto
Members
Forum Posts: 138

savemoresaveoften said

With Canada Post now also do flyer delivery to my mail box, which I hate cuz I need to check to make sure something important is not folded btw flyers ! With so many apps (flipp etc) out there checking flyers online, they should just stop paper flyers completely to save the tree, save the environment, and save $ too !  

If you don't want flyers delivered by Canada Post ...
Put a note on your mailbox "NO UNADDRESSED ADMAIL"
Canada Post will not deliver any flyers.
It's worked for me for years now.

February 1, 2024
8:20 am
phrank
Members

savemoresaveoften said

Yes they send a email daily what’s arriving. I have the CanadaPost app and I see I can also sign in there for Mymail but I didn’t. Never use the app for that purpose yet, only for parcel tracking so far.

Yes, to me it’s added security for mail I anticipate, esp true during tax season when those FI that still lives in Stone Age and insist paper T5 etc.

Mine is community mailbox but either way I can not believe another poster’s comment of receiving 10 notices and none of them are real / his. It’s based on actual address not just postal code, so it’s unique.
Even when it’s a semi detached, there is something the address that makes it unique. Not the first time there are townhomes, semidetached in Canada. But then I can’t confirm or deny what CanPost is doing, but Mymail is a plus for me.  

Thank you for confirming. I'm going to try to get someone to set that up for me then.

The only way I could see the other posters comments being true is that someone entered information incorrectly in the system. People always scape goat the software but a human made the software and a human entered data somewhere. Those are the error points, the software only does what it's told to do... at this point anyways sf-laugh

February 1, 2024
8:24 am
phrank
Members

bhuc said

I can second this. I wrote no unsolicited mail on a piece of paper and taped it to the front of our super mailbox slot, inside of course.

This is from the canada post website:

https://www.canadapost-postescanada.ca/cpc/en/personal/receiving/consumers-choice.page

How to stop receiving unaddressed advertising mail

To stop receiving unaddressed advertising mail, simply put a note on your mailbox stating that you do not wish to receive it. Place the note in or on your mailbox where your delivery agent can see it, or on the inside lip of your community mailbox, group mailbox or postal box.

Since we did this we only receive community flyers. We also called the local flyer people and asked them to not deliver us flyers to our door. Surprisingly that worked and we have never received from them since.

We still get door to door garbage and people banging on our door. I should stick a no soliciting sign out there, but I've seen that cause more trouble than good.

February 1, 2024
12:45 pm
savemoresaveoften
Members

bhuc said

will this stop the McD, pizzas and other junk food coupons tho ? I still want those 🙂

Please write your comments in the forum.