2023 T5 tracking | Page 8 | Income tax filing | Discussion forum

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
2023 T5 tracking
February 29, 2024
7:57 pm
GR
Members
Forum Posts: 635
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
141sp_Permalink sp_Print

cgouimet said

Anyone else generating/sending T-Slips via a 3rd party?  

Yes! Also, Parama Credit Union and Motor City Credit Union use same Markham, Ont. sender for T5s. Unfortunately, there must be other financial institutions using third party to prepare and mail T5s with access to very private information.

February 29, 2024
8:12 pm
AltaRed
BC Interior
Members
Forum Posts: 2910

I would suggest it is probably not that unusual for institutions to contract out form preparation and mailing services to data management companies set up to do that efficiently. It sure beats having invested in those resources in-house, both equipment and personnel.

A monster digital file goes to the contractor and they spin out the T5 form stuffing and mailing of envelopes.

Even my T4A from my former Canadian employer comes from an affiliate on another continent.

March 1, 2024
11:49 am
mr2711
Members
Forum Posts: 16
143sp_Permalink sp_Print

DUCA on T5:

DUCA has mailed out tax documents on February 28 to the home address on file. Unfortunately, DUCA is currently experiencing technical problems uploading the virtual version to online banking. Once the documents are available members will be able to access them under MY ACCOUNTS> VIEW E-DOCUMENTS. We thank you for your patience and understanding.

March 1, 2024
11:55 am
gicjunkie
Ontario
Members
Forum Posts: 653
144sp_Permalink sp_Print

GR said

Yes! Also, Parama Credit Union and Motor City Credit Union use same Markham, Ont. sender for T5s. Unfortunately, there must be other financial institutions using third party to prepare and mail T5s with access to very private information.  

Weyburn CU in Saskatchewan also uses this same Markham service. Very odd. I guess this particular service is well known in the industry for mass T5 mailings, at a reasonable cost, of course.

March 1, 2024
1:35 pm
Winnie
Ontario
Members
Forum Posts: 463
145sp_Permalink sp_Print

gicjunkie said
We have a friend who has his taxes prepared and ready to go on January 1 each year, although he cannot efile until February. He calculates all of his pension income and interest manually from bank statements and or interest payments from GICs, etc.

Yes, I also do that for many years now. It's very easy. My tax was submitted on February 19, 2024.
Yesterday received my RRSP refund and on April 15 will get my first $140 from CCR installments.

GR said
Yes! Also, Parama Credit Union and Motor City Credit Union use same Markham, Ont. sender for T5s. 

And Access CU (Hubert) also use now same Markham, Ont. sender for T5s.

March 2, 2024
6:44 am
RetirEd
Members
Forum Posts: 1025
146sp_Permalink sp_Print

Corporations often use third-party services even when they cost a bit more, as they can then avoid the hassles of hiring and discharging short-term employees. The third-party outfits have lots of bodies around to juggle over numerous tasks, many of them temps.

MY FIRST AND LAST T-slips were governmental: CPP/OAS came first, SAFER last - on the 29th!

RetirEd

March 2, 2024
12:38 pm
phrank
Members
Forum Posts: 314
147sp_Permalink sp_Print

Still no DUCA online as post 143 states they are having issues, but when I logged in to MyCRA I saw the DUCA T5s are there.

March 2, 2024
12:50 pm
Laertes
Members
Forum Posts: 48
148sp_Permalink sp_Print

savemoresaveoften said

The view is also buggy as after viewing all T5 once, click it a second time and nothing shows. using google chrome.  

Same thing is happening to me!! It has been a few weeks. I called CRA and they called back. She sent it to the IT people. I will let you know if I hear back from them again.

I’m on a Mac mini, using Safari.

March 2, 2024
1:41 pm
Alexandre
Members
Forum Posts: 1123
149sp_Permalink sp_Print

Laertes said
Same thing is happening to me!! It has been a few weeks. I called CRA and they called back. She sent it to the IT people. I will let you know if I hear back from them again.

I’m on a Mac mini, using Safari.  

I found workaround: while on that page, refresh it and list of T5s will be shown again.

March 2, 2024
4:32 pm
Dean
Valhalla Mountains, British Columbia
Members
Forum Posts: 1920

Re Motive T5 . . .

2023 was my first year with Motive, so I'm still a bit of a Newbie there. sf-smile

For the life of me, I can't seem to figure out how to access my Motive T5.

Please ... Could someone point me in the right direction ?

Thanks,

Dean

sf-cool " Live Long, Healthy ... And Prosper! " sf-cool

March 2, 2024
8:17 pm
Warwick111
Members
Forum Posts: 56
151sp_Permalink sp_Print

Dean said
Re Motive T5 . . .

2023 was my first year with Motive, so I'm still a bit of a Newbie there. sf-smile

For the life of me, I can't seem to figure out how to access my Motive T5.

Please ... Could someone point me in the right direction ?

Thanks,

Dean

You cannot access Motive T5 on their web site. They are only available on CRA my account and are sent to you by snail mail. I just received them in my mail yesterday so you should be getting yours soon.

March 3, 2024
8:45 am
Dean
Valhalla Mountains, British Columbia
Members
Forum Posts: 1920

Thanks for that , Warwick.

So here we have Yet another modern(?) Online FI that uses the old outdated CP snail-mail to deliver tax documents to it's customers, instead of providing them on their website ❗

Go Figure sf-confused

Dean

sf-cool " Live Long, Healthy ... And Prosper! " sf-cool

March 3, 2024
8:48 am
cgouimet
Members
Forum Posts: 1477
153sp_Permalink sp_Print

Dean said

So here we have Yet another modern(?) Online FI that uses the old outdated CP snail-mail to deliver tax documents to it's customers, instead of providing them on their website ❗

Go Figure sf-confused

Dean

Perhaps via Markham?

CGO
March 3, 2024
9:04 am
AltaRed
BC Interior
Members
Forum Posts: 2910
154sp_Permalink sp_Print

Dean said

Go Figure sf-confused

Dean

It is rather perverse in the extreme... an online bank not providing tax documents electronically via PDF.

I recall ragging on LBC digital about that a few years ago. The robot type response was like talking to a brick wall. Stupidity piled on stupidity is the best way I can describe it.

March 3, 2024
12:19 pm
Warwick111
Members
155sp_Permalink sp_Print

cgouimet said

Perhaps via Markham?  

No. The Motive T5 was mailed in an official CWB Financial Group envelope with a sender address on Jasper Ave, Edmonton.

March 3, 2024
1:15 pm
Laertes
Members
156sp_Permalink sp_Print

savemoresaveoften said
looks like DUCA and Motive the slowest this year ?

We posted almost simultaneously about the same thing!!!

March 3, 2024
1:19 pm
Laertes
Members
157sp_Permalink sp_Print

Warwick111 said

You cannot access Motive T5 on their web site. They are only available on CRA my account and are sent to you by snail mail. I just received them in my mail yesterday so you should be getting yours soon.  

To be clear, you got you Motive T5, right? Thanks for letting us know. It's the last T5 I'm waiting for.....

March 3, 2024
1:45 pm
mechone
Ontario
Members
Forum Posts: 176
158sp_Permalink sp_Print

Laertes said

To be clear, you got you Motive T5, right? Thanks for letting us know. It's the last T5 I'm waiting for.....  

Me too and its not posted on CRA

March 3, 2024
4:01 pm
Warwick111
Members
159sp_Permalink sp_Print

Laertes said

Yes, I received the printed copy via Canada Post and waiting for it to be posted on CRA My Account.

March 4, 2024
12:53 pm
Alexandra
British Columbia
Members
Forum Posts: 461
160sp_Permalink sp_Print

Received my Motive T5 today in the mail. Envelope was from CWB Financial Group, Edmonton.

For those of you are interested, I also received my CIBC T5 today.

Be doing my paper returns sometime this week!!sf-embarassed

Please write your comments in the forum.