Targeted Simplii HISA offer of 5% Dec 1, 2022 to Apr 30, 2023 | Page 4 | Simplii Financial | Discussion forum

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

No permission to create posts
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
Targeted Simplii HISA offer of 5% Dec 1, 2022 to Apr 30, 2023
January 12, 2023
8:25 am
HermanH
Members
Forum Posts: 800
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

KamWest said
They ripped me of once too, left 300k in an account for the full term, instead got 0.10%

This is why I made certain to close the account after my promo period ended. I thought it was just too great a risk. A CSR insisted that I was eligible for another promo and I almost re-opened a new account. Only the good folks on this forum saved me from a similar loss by showing me how I would have been ineligible, according to the written Terms and Conditions; regardless of what some CSR said.

January 14, 2023
12:47 pm
Jim Sherat
Members
Forum Posts: 141

Well I took the plunge ... even though I'm not a fan of the way Simplii does Promos. Fingers crossed, that come mid-May, an appropriate amount of interest will appear in my pre-existing HISA. 😉

January 21, 2023
5:27 pm
Maribel
Members
Forum Posts: 1

I used the chat today on Simplii and was told to call their number. Then when I called I was told no, I wasn't targeted for the promo rate and that it's random. I was also told there was no way for them to manually override.

Just as an aside I have had good luck with the local DUCA credit union, no game playing and they are eager for new deposits and want to make it work. The difference between a local branch with real people and an online bank with virtual contact

No permission to create posts

Please write your comments in the forum.