Targeted Simplii HISA offer of 5% Dec 1, 2022 to Apr 30, 2023 | Page 2 | Simplii Financial | Discussion forum

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

No permission to create posts
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
Targeted Simplii HISA offer of 5% Dec 1, 2022 to Apr 30, 2023
December 16, 2022
3:54 pm
mustang
Members
Forum Posts: 215
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

I could never find the chat link on the web page
I did find it, however, on the ipad app

December 16, 2022
6:17 pm
firaxa
Members
Forum Posts: 3

Gave chat a try and no offers for me, so I will keep my 7 cents in my Simplii account for a while longer.

December 19, 2022
5:28 am
for interest sake
Ontario
Members
Forum Posts: 42

I hadn't received any offers, but asked for, and was enrolled through Chat. Received confirmation email right away.

December 19, 2022
3:05 pm
JPenterprise
Members
Forum Posts: 46

I hadn't received any offers, asked under Chat and was enrolled. Received confirmation email within an hour.

My sister did the same after I got my offer.

December 21, 2022
4:04 pm
moveyourmoney
Members
Forum Posts: 45

I tried the chat, no luck. Although I’ve been with Simplii a long time in terms of an account holder, when they don’t treat me right, I move my money. Today, my wife gets the promo offer by email. Funny how the promo started Dec. 1 and the offer came through 20 days later. Is this because Simplii hasn’t generated enough investment with their original targeted offer? My wife also moves funds when it’s not good, so I assume the algorithm selection may not have attracted as hoped, then they reach out to others where they may have to pay the promo on larger amounts?

December 21, 2022
6:18 pm
COIN
Members
Forum Posts: 1109

moveyourmoney said
Today, my wife gets the promo offer by email. Funny how the promo started Dec. 1 and the offer came through 20 days later.  

It is weird. I got the email offer to-day as well. This is after I had already called on December 13th and got the same offer which was followed by an email confirmation from Simplii the same day.

December 21, 2022
7:39 pm
suburbs4life
Members
Forum Posts: 161

I got the same email tn as well

December 22, 2022
5:58 am
JPenterprise
Members
Forum Posts: 46

I received the same email today even though I got the offer by chat on Dec. 19.

December 22, 2022
10:01 am
moveyourmoney
Members
Forum Posts: 45

Interesting how Simplii has apparently lost track of who was granted the promo through chat inquiries vs subsequent offerings by email, while they denied many. I’m always wondering how the algorithm works regarding their selection process. However, it appears that this promo has been offered in phases that are probably based on their ability to generate targeted investment goals. I.e., they must have to extend the offer beyond what they see as their primary clientele in phase 1 (who they think they can make the most money off of?) Might not apply in many cases but probably how they set it up initially, then evaluate and extend as necessary.

December 22, 2022
10:49 am
COIN
Members

JPenterprise said
I received the same email today even though I got the offer by chat on Dec. 19.  

Did you accept the email offer as well (just to be safe)?

December 22, 2022
1:43 pm
mustang
Members

Also got the email offer today-- after enrolling via chat last week
Seems like the right hand not talking to the left hand-- or perhaps a significant delay between the time they select which accounts are eligible for the offer-- and the time they actually get around to sending out the email

December 22, 2022
2:25 pm
frencols
Members
Forum Posts: 34

I called a few days back and got a firm NO too. 😀

So soup for some, no soup for others.

The banks have got us dancing to their beat now alright! No longer just a matter of offering you promotions as valued clients. Now you gotta call chat and beg 😀

December 22, 2022
2:38 pm
Jim Sherat
Members
Forum Posts: 154

So here's my story ... since I noticed this thread, I've logged in and checked Offers, and kept an eye on my email promo inbox, but nothing.
Was logged in yesterday, same thing.
A few minutes ago, I need to check something, logged in, and first thing I see is the 5% offer, with a SignUp button, so I did. Weird eh ! Anyone else get the offer upon logging in to your account ?

I've participated in several Simplii Promos, but got cut off from new invites, at least 1.5-2 years ago.

Not sure if I'll get a confirming email, but before I move significant cash in, I'll need to get a CSR to confirm and send me something.

December 22, 2022
5:55 pm
want8tracks
Members
Forum Posts: 18

I got an offer yesterday when checked my email for five percent. Accepted offer, but taking no chances, I phoned in today to see if I did it properly. Apparently I didn't, even though I clicked the right buttons. After clicking, the screen said I was enrolled, but the person on the phone said not so fast, there's a couple things we need to do before you are on the promotion.

Nice, how they wait 22 days to tell me about it, I lost 22 days of five percent, eh?

I meant to ask the person on the phone, is the bonus interest paid each month on the first, or is it all paid as a lump sum in middle of may which simplii is famous for? And I wanted to know if they place all the bonus interest in one of the savings accts, or in each individual account depending on what each account makes.

December 22, 2022
6:57 pm
HighInterestWinner
Ontario
Members
Forum Posts: 23

want8tracks said
I got an offer yesterday when checked my email for five percent. Accepted offer, but taking no chances, I phoned in today to see if I did it properly. Apparently I didn't, even though I clicked the right buttons. After clicking, the screen said I was enrolled, but the person on the phone said not so fast, there's a couple things we need to do before you are on the promotion.

Nice, how they wait 22 days to tell me about it, I lost 22 days of five percent, eh?

I meant to ask the person on the phone, is the bonus interest paid each month on the first, or is it all paid as a lump sum in middle of may which simplii is famous for? And I wanted to know if they place all the bonus interest in one of the savings accts, or in each individual account depending on what each account makes.  

It is paid as a lump sum at the end in May.

And it apples to HISA, TFSA, and RRSP Sepertely. (Up to $500,000 aggrated across all savings account) And all of that bonus interest would be payed into the HISA if its based in the HISA, RRSP if in an RRSP, and TFSA if in an TFSA. with the average daily closing balance.

Very confusing terms and conditions.

December 22, 2022
7:43 pm
want8tracks
Members
Forum Posts: 18

Thank you,

Now if I have 2 separate HISA's at simplii, do they combine both of them and pay all interest in one, which they used to do?

And so the final rate is five percent, but each month they pay, is it .4 percent, and then in May the remaining 4.6 percent? Or what are the numbers right now?

December 23, 2022
6:43 am
mustang
Members

Jim Sherat said
So here's my story ... since I noticed this thread, I've logged in and checked Offers, and kept an eye on my email promo inbox, but nothing.
Was logged in yesterday, same thing.
A few minutes ago, I need to check something, logged in, and first thing I see is the 5% offer, with a SignUp button, so I did. Weird eh ! Anyone else get the offer upon logging in to your account ?

I've participated in several Simplii Promos, but got cut off from new invites, at least 1.5-2 years ago.

Not sure if I'll get a confirming email, but before I move significant cash in, I'll need to get a CSR to confirm and send me something.  

Just logged in now-- and see the big pop up offer-- click SIGNUP
(Had previously gotten enrolled via chat)

December 23, 2022
7:34 am
COIN
Members

mustang said
Just logged in now-- and see the big pop up offer-- click SIGNUP
(Had previously gotten enrolled via chat)  

Do you think accepting twice will cause massive confusion at Simplii?

December 23, 2022
9:10 am
mustang
Members

I'm just going to rely on the confirming email we got, from the chat exercise

December 23, 2022
10:03 am
KamWest
Toronto
Members
Forum Posts: 318

I get this stupid message every time I login. I dismiss it by saying no thanks and the next time I get it again.

500k limit for a few months

If they are going to hound and solicit funds why put a limit on it?

PS. Did I say I was burned by them once?
At the time they told me 300k was the limit, I moved the money in and NEVER got paid. They said it was never registered, what a bunch of bullcrap.

At the time I got virtually zero or their 0.10% rate instead.

I guess 0.10% is better than 0.1%

I am leery as all sin when I get the solicitation from them, especially because I specifically say NO THANKS.

No permission to create posts

Please write your comments in the forum.