Targeted Simplii HISA offer of 5% Dec 1, 2022 to Apr 30, 2023 | Simplii Financial | Discussion forum

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

No permission to create posts
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
Targeted Simplii HISA offer of 5% Dec 1, 2022 to Apr 30, 2023
December 13, 2022
8:42 am
norris2
Members
Forum Posts: 21
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Get the spreadsheets and formulas ready. I saw a post on RFD and called in to check my offers. Agent confirmed I'm eligible for 5% Dec 1, 2022 to Apr 30, 2023 on new money above the existing balance on Nov 30. Up to $500K on TFSA and non-registered HISA accounts. Didn't see anything after logging into desktop online banking. They promised the email confirmation that I never get.

December 13, 2022
1:03 pm
COIN
Members
Forum Posts: 1109

I called Simplii earlier to-day and have also received the email confirmation about the 5% rate until April 30, 2023.

December 13, 2022
2:23 pm
JohnnyCash
Members
Forum Posts: 230
sp_UserOnlineSmall Online

No popup offer for me, went on chat to double check if I was eligible. Seems I did not get the offer this time. No matter, got the Tangerine 5% until the end of April to tide me over.

December 14, 2022
1:23 pm
Bruford
Banned
Forum Posts: 229

If you don't get a popup/email offer, go to Simplii chat and ask for it. Both me and my wife got it that way.

December 14, 2022
1:40 pm
Winnie
Ontario
Members
Forum Posts: 463

I tried Simplii chat, asked for this offer.
No soup for me this time, Simplii replied.

December 14, 2022
2:53 pm
LK
British Columbia, Canada
Members
Forum Posts: 195

I called today and was told I was eligible. Had not received email or any pop-up upon logging on. An email will be sent within 5 business to confirm set-up. Apparently the promo rate is not in effect until I confirm the email.

December 14, 2022
4:24 pm
savemoresaveoften
Members
Forum Posts: 2873

Winnie said
I tried Simplii chat, asked for this offer.
No soup for me this time, Simplii replied.  

me neither.

And based on some that reported did not rec the invite but qualifies, they just want me to bug them every time until they say "yes" ?...

December 14, 2022
5:40 pm
LK
British Columbia, Canada
Members

savemoresaveoften said

me neither.

And based on some that reported did not rec the invite but qualifies, they just want me to bug them every time until they say "yes" ?...  

I wonder what Simplii's algorithm is. Over the past year, when promos have been mentioned on this site, I called Simplii to ask. Each time in past I was told 'no'. It has been 1.5 years since Simplii last offered me a promo, and this time 'yes'. Maybe time related? Dunno, just speculation. Welcome others to weigh in... each FI has its specific lack of transparency as to why some get promos and others don't.

December 15, 2022
2:01 pm
Bill
Members
Forum Posts: 3919

Just chatted with "Mike", told me it's only for new clients, even after I said I'd heard online that some existing customers qualify. You might want to make sure you get a confirming email before backing up the truck to drop off a load.

December 15, 2022
2:11 pm
agit
Members
Forum Posts: 185

Bill said
Just chatted with "Mike", told me it's only for new clients, even after I said I'd heard online that some existing customers qualify. You might want to make sure you get a confirming email before backing up the truck to drop off a load.  

Bill i would call back, there is 2 promo one for existing client and one for new client.

ask them to check your profile if you have an offer

in my house no one get the popup or email, we called and we all got it - good luck

December 15, 2022
3:28 pm
Bill
Members

I'll try that, thanks agit.

December 15, 2022
9:30 pm
mustang
Members
Forum Posts: 215

Asked via chat tonight, and got a "yes,you are eligible"
So, we were signed up on the spot, and got a confirming email in less than an hour

December 16, 2022
6:34 am
lisa
Members
Forum Posts: 34

I called and was told I was not targeted, passed the phone to my husband and they said he qualifies for offer 5% till end of April. He received email confirmation within hour. At least one in the family got the offer.sf-smile

December 16, 2022
9:06 am
Bill
Members

For those who got the offer via phone or chat, when you sign in does this promo show when you click on the "offers" (or maybe it's called "bonuses" or "promotions" or something like that) option at the top of the page? Chat guy told me that's where you'll know if you have any offers, I'm guessing that's another of his lies - ?

December 16, 2022
9:38 am
LK
British Columbia, Canada
Members

The fine print (full version): https://www.simplii.com/content/dam/simplii-public-assets/documents/pdf/savings-account-rate-offer.pdf

The information included with the confirmation email is below.

This offer is available from December 1, 2022 to April 30, 2023 (the "Offer Period"), by invitation only. The special annual interest rate of 5.00% is a combination of promotional and regular annual interest rates payable on deposits made to an eligible Simplii Financial High Interest Savings Account ("HISA"), Tax Free Savings Account ("TFSA") or RRSP Savings Account ("RRSP"), respectively (each, an "Eligible Savings Account") during the Offer Period. Eligible Savings Accounts opened before the Offer Period must be enrolled in the offer by the primary account holder. Eligible Savings Accounts opened during the Offer Period are automatically enrolled in the offer.

For Eligible Savings Accounts opened before the Offer Period that have been enrolled in the offer, promotional interest is calculated on the portion of the applicable account's average daily closing balance during the Offer Period that exceeds the closing balance as at November 30, 2022 (the "Additional Balance").

For Eligible Savings Accounts opened during the Offer Period, promotional interest is calculated on the portion of the applicable account's average daily closing balance from the date the account is opened to the end of the Offer Period (the "New Balance").

The maximum balance (which includes the Additional Balance and New Balance) that is eligible for promotional interest is $500,000 aggregated across all Eligible Savings Accounts of the primary account holder. Promotional interest will be paid in May 2023 into each eligible TFSA, RRSP and for HISAs, into a single eligible HISA held by the primary account holder that is open and in good standing at the time of payment.

Each TFSA or RRSP holder is solely responsible for knowing what their RRSP or TFSA contribution room is and not over-contributing, otherwise, penalty taxes may apply and for RRSPs, contributions may not be tax deductible. Eligible Savings Accounts will continue to earn regular interest, calculated on the daily closing balance and paid monthly.

The offer is non-transferable and cannot be combined with other promotional rate offers. Promotional interest and regular interest rates are subject to change at any time without notice. See here [LINK ABOVE] for the full terms and conditions.

"SIMPLII FINANCIAL" and the SIMPLII FINANCIAL DESIGNS are trademarks of CIBC.

"SIMPLII FINANCIAL" is a division of CIBC. Banking services are not available in Quebec.

December 16, 2022
9:41 am
LK
British Columbia, Canada
Members

Bill said
For those who got the offer via phone or chat, when you sign in does this promo show when you click on the "offers" (or maybe it's called "bonuses" or "promotions" or something like that) option at the top of the page? Chat guy told me that's where you'll know if you have any offers, I'm guessing that's another of his lies - ?  

I had not received anything email, and nothing was on the Simplii site after logging on. Despite such, when I called and asked, I was told I was eligible but that I would need to wait for the confirmation email. They said the confirmation email could take up to 5 business days to come through, but it only took 2 business days.

December 16, 2022
10:43 am
anon52
Members
Forum Posts: 16

I don't see any "Chat" button on the Simplii website. Where is it?

December 16, 2022
11:38 am
LK
British Columbia, Canada
Members

anon52 said
I don't see any "Chat" button on the Simplii website. Where is it?  

There is no 'chat' for Simplii. You can email them, though. Options: https://online.simplii.com/ebm-resources/public/client/web/index.html#/contact-us

December 16, 2022
11:59 am
rhvic
Victoria, BC
Members
Forum Posts: 467

I did not receive an email for this 5% offer, nor was there any message about it on the web site when I logged in. I did thus try the chat method and asked the agent if I could get the same special offer. The agent said yes and immediately enrolled me in the offer. The agent promised to send a confirming email (anywhere from one hour to a day wait?) and when that arrives I will initiate transfers to my Simplii account.

Now that is the first time that I was able to get a special offer via chat , for an offer which I had not been invited to. Usually their answer is along the lines of 'no, you do not qualify, go away'.

This fits in nicely with the impending end of my current Tangerine special of 4.3%, which ends Dec 31.

December 16, 2022
12:01 pm
rhvic
Victoria, BC
Members
Forum Posts: 467

LK said

There is no 'chat' for Simplii. You can email them, though. Options: https://online.simplii.com/ebm-resources/public/client/web/index.html#/contact-us  

Yes, there is a chat on Simplii, but it is not always there. When it is available, it is an icon in the lower right of the web page.

No permission to create posts

Please write your comments in the forum.