Targeted Simplii HISA offer of 5% Dec 1, 2022 to Apr 30, 2023 | Page 6 | Simplii Financial | Discussion forum

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

No permission to create posts
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
Targeted Simplii HISA offer of 5% Dec 1, 2022 to Apr 30, 2023
May 10, 2023
8:02 am
frugal lady
Members
Forum Posts: 191
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
101sp_Permalink sp_Print

dougjp said
Thanks mordko and Frugal Lady. She got an e-mail confirmation late yesterday that the rate is in effect. No details of which accounts are included or the starting balance (s?) beyond which the 5% would be paid.

While I believe from the previous rate offer years ago, that she must be the primary holder, the good old Simplii website comes through in its usual fashion of non information, yet again! Meaning, when I login to Simplii and view the joint account, my name shows up first. When my wife logs in and views that same account, her name shows up first. Further details? Never.

So after seeing the obligatory "do not respond to this e-mail", off I go trying to see how she CAN respond to this e-mail/get basic info ! Forgetaboutit. Luckily, I printed out correspondence from 3 years ago, and there is a follow up e-mail: follow-up@simplii.com. I wonder if she will get a response or if it still exists. She "doesn't do" holding on the phone, all the while being told "your call is important to us"! sf-confused  

Instead of just logging into the joint account, have a look at the actual bank statement for the joint savings account and see whose name appears first.

May 10, 2023
10:17 am
dougjp
Members
Forum Posts: 575
102sp_Permalink sp_Print

frugal lady said

Instead of just logging into the joint account, have a look at the actual bank statement for the joint savings account and see whose name appears first.  

That's where we both looked, viewing the eStatements. As far as I know, there is no other place where the account holder(s) name(s) show up on Simplii's site. The same statement shows the account names reversed depending on who logged in. I find that bizarre.

The main accomplishment of almost all organized protests is to
annoy people who are not in them.

May 10, 2023
11:13 am
COIN
Members
Forum Posts: 1107
103sp_Permalink sp_Print

No email and/or offer for me.

May 10, 2023
11:45 am
emax1234
Members
Forum Posts: 17
104sp_Permalink sp_Print

I received the targeted offer too, got the confirmation email the following day. The fine print on the email says new money only, over and above the closing balance on Apr 30. I had transferred out all my funds Apr 27 via external pull but it didn't update on Simplii until May 1.

I just chatted with a rep to confirm -- the 5% offer is essentially useless to me since they show all the funds still with them on Apr 30. So always read the fine print! And next time push the funds out, don't do an external pull.

May 10, 2023
4:16 pm
Norman1
Members
Forum Posts: 6738
105sp_Permalink sp_Print

That may not be the case.

Simplii takes a day to post pre-authorized debits. The dates shown on the online banking site are the posting dates and not the effective dates. The effective date of a pre-authorized debit is usually the business day before the date shown on the site.

The effective dates are shown on the Simplii monthly statements.

A pre-authorized debit posted Monday, May 1 is likely effective Friday, April 28. So, the funds could have been gone by Sunday, April 30.

One will need to check the April and May monthly statements.

May 11, 2023
7:05 am
mustang
Members
Forum Posts: 214
106sp_Permalink sp_Print

mustang said
Just logged in, and was greeted by a pop up, informing that the interest for April 30 expiry promo, would be paid by May 12.
First, 3 alerts that the promo was expiring, and now advance notice of when the interest will be paid
Things ain't what they used to be  

Simplii as good as their word on this one
They said they would deposit the promo interest by the May 12, and sure enough, it has been deposited this morning

May 11, 2023
10:29 am
rhvic
Victoria, BC
Members
Forum Posts: 467
107sp_Permalink sp_Print

I too just got this new 5% offer via email, but upon checking my balance with Simplii at the end of April, they were slow in transferring my monies out after the end of their last promo. Hence, my balance on that date is way too high to justify moving any money back to Simplii. My first $150K would not get the high 5% rate, just the crappy 0.4% rate.

Glad to see the promo interest did get deposited today.

May 11, 2023
1:31 pm
COIN
Members
Forum Posts: 1107
108sp_Permalink sp_Print

rhvic said
I too just got this new 5% offer via email, but upon checking my balance with Simplii at the end of April, they were slow in transferring my monies out after the end of their last promo. Hence, my balance on that date is way too high to justify moving any money back to Simplii. My first $150K would not get the high 5% rate, just the crappy 0.4% rate.

Glad to see the promo interest did get deposited today.  

Ditto. Maybe you and I are the last ones to get "targeted" because not enough clients ahead of us accepted the offer?

May 11, 2023
1:39 pm
cgouimet
Members
Forum Posts: 1473
109sp_Permalink sp_Print

I never had Simplii offers when I had accounts there and I no longer have an account there.

But we do have accounts at Tangerine and have had many offers in the past. In fact 2 overlapping ones through July. Because of the possibility of offers being for new money only, I always move all money out a week before the offer I'm on expires.

CGO
May 22, 2023
2:01 pm
dougjp
Members
Forum Posts: 575
110sp_Permalink sp_Print

dougjp said

That's where we both looked, viewing the eStatements. As far as I know, there is no other place where the account holder(s) name(s) show up on Simplii's site. The same statement shows the account names reversed depending on who logged in. I find that bizarre.  

My wife phoned and eventually was told her savings and the joint savings are included in the offer. She insisted that something was sent in writing confirming that. What was sent was the same exact offer, nothing new, with no confirmations as requested. E-mails go unanswered.

I give up. There is no point trying to say in September that we should have got interest and didn't, based on a verbal only. And for no explicable reason, basic written detail/customer requested service is essentially refused.

Why would they do that? I can't deal with an organization that acts this way.

The main accomplishment of almost all organized protests is to
annoy people who are not in them.

May 22, 2023
2:20 pm
Norman1
Members
Forum Posts: 6738

I suspect Simplii has issues with their confirmation e-mails being rejected by some ISP's as spam.

I've received e-mail confirmations of Simplii offers after I accept. But, people have reported that they never, even after calling Simplii and asking for the confirmation be sent again.

Hard to know who to blame: Simplii, a third party providing Simpiii's e-mail service, some ISP's, or clients accidentally configuring their mailbox to quietly discard Simplii's confirmation e-mails.

No permission to create posts

Please write your comments in the forum.