Simplii Financial Extends its 3.15% Promo (November 1, 2018 - June 30, 2019) | Page 5 | Simplii Financial | Discussion forum

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

No permission to create posts
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
Simplii Financial Extends its 3.15% Promo (November 1, 2018 - June 30, 2019)
March 18, 2019
7:59 am
cgouimet
Members
Forum Posts: 1474
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

suzhuz said
I haven't received the promotional interest for the offer that ended February 28 yet and it's the evening of March 17. Maybe tomorrow. has anyone else received it?  

I got mine last week ...

CGO
March 18, 2019
9:26 am
Patch002
Members
Forum Posts: 79

cgouimet said

I got mine last week ...  

Nope, still haven't receive Promo interest. Just phoned them, they said no one has received it yet and they expect it to be in by Mar. 21 (of which year, they did not specify). I asked her to tell management that if I get a credit card bill due on the 21st, would they forgive any interest if I pay 21 days past due date?. To others, you can do whatever you want with your money, as for me, I will transfer every available amount out to another FI that respects its customers. Simplii won't change a thing unless they face such a backlash that they will have to respond.

March 18, 2019
9:27 am
davidgeorge
Members
Forum Posts: 294

cgouimet said

I got mine last week ...  

Seems you are the only one who received promotional interest for the promo that ended on Feb 28. Hope I will get mine soon.

March 18, 2019
9:30 am
cgouimet
Members

I thought I was responding to the offer of 3.15% Mar 1 to Jun 30. I got that last week.

I didn't get the promotional interest from the offer ending Feb 28.

Sorry for the confusion.

Perhaps I was stressing over the posting skill testing question ... LOL.

CGO
March 18, 2019
1:15 pm
uniQChick
Members
Forum Posts: 34

@Oscar,
Finally, today received a letter from Simplii which includes Offer Info attached to my file and… I am safe! I will get 3.15% interest on everything that exceeds the closing balance as at October 31, 2018. sf-cool
No interest posted yet for previous offer… kind of annoying! sf-frown

March 18, 2019
3:11 pm
Oscar
Members
Forum Posts: 283

@uniQChick ,
Happy for you and completely surprised.
I received an email from Duca today so I paid them a visit and am enrolled in their 3% promo, got a receipt for my deposit and it was done. Interest paid monthly . No hassles . After going through this hassle with Simplii it was a timely reminder to not bother with them again. I'm gonna leave a buck in each account if/when/after they pay me my interestsf-wink

March 18, 2019
3:30 pm
uniQChick
Members
Forum Posts: 34

@Oscar,
I have just checked DUCA’s promo and was surprised sf-surprised that it runs till end of January 2020. Sounds good and I will keep them in mind. Thanks!
P.S. Do they have joint accounts?

March 18, 2019
5:03 pm
Brimleychen
Members
Forum Posts: 258

Call them this afternoon and to find out when to get the bonus interest. The reply is in March, according to the fine print:-) The worst customer service you can get.

March 18, 2019
6:42 pm
Oscar
Members

@uniQChick ,
Yea they have joint accounts, and not by invitation only. Sorry I couldn't help myselfsf-smile

March 20, 2019
12:36 pm
COIN
Members
Forum Posts: 1109

Oscar said
@uniQChick ,
Happy for you and completely surprised.
I received an email from Duca today so I paid them a visit and am enrolled in their 3% promo, got a receipt for my deposit and it was done. Interest paid monthly . No hassles . After going through this hassle with Simplii it was a timely reminder to not bother with them again. I'm gonna leave a buck in each account if/when/after they pay me my interestsf-wink  

Yes, DUCA is a solid institution. No jerking around like Simplii and Tangerine with their silly games.

In case no one has previously mentioned it, Tandia is paying 3.75% on their eVEST savings account until April 30th.

March 21, 2019
6:12 am
matkokubko
Members
Forum Posts: 14

Patch002 said

Nope, still haven't receive Promo interest. Just phoned them, they said no one has received it yet and they expect it to be in by Mar. 21 (of which year, they did not specify). I asked her to tell management that if I get a credit card bill due on the 21st, would they forgive any interest if I pay 21 days past due date?. To others, you can do whatever you want with your money, as for me, I will transfer every available amount out to another FI that respects its customers. Simplii won't change a thing unless they face such a backlash that they will have to respond.  

Promo interest for Feb 28 ending promotion still has not arrived.

March 21, 2019
6:38 am
fabafter50
Members
Forum Posts: 177

It's shameful. 3 weeks and they hoard our money. Gone to DUCA which is a pleasure to deal with. Anyone know off hand if DUCA has a no fee chequing account? I'd like to find an alternative to SIMPLII , they don't deserve our business.

March 21, 2019
6:58 am
cgouimet
Members

Didn't you say you've gone to DUCA?

I did a quick search for DUCA on Google. The 1st or 2nd link was no fee checking ... LOL

CGO
March 21, 2019
7:58 am
fabafter50
Members

I didn’t actually physically GO to DUCA, did it all online in the doctors office. I could have googled it too but so many of our folks are members I just thought I’d ask as they usually provide more helpful and concise info. Not always apparently.

March 21, 2019
10:17 am
krwilson
Members
Forum Posts: 148

Finally received the bonus interest today, March 21st. It was not there early this morning but is there as of this afternoon. Needless to say all Simplii money is being transferred out now. Three weeks, much too long especially when they should be paying it monthly, and no real communication from Simplii about this, that is enough!

March 21, 2019
10:28 am
Oscar
Members

krwilson said
Finally received the bonus interest today, March 21st. It was not there early this morning but is there as of this afternoon. Needless to say all Simplii money is being transferred out now. Three weeks, much too long especially when they should be paying it monthly, and no real communication from Simplii about this, that is enough!  

Same here , same here

March 21, 2019
10:40 am
Astroboy
Members
Forum Posts: 5

Does anyone know if the T5 they sent us includes the calculated bonus interest attributable to last year?

March 21, 2019
10:42 am
fabafter50
Members

Oscar said

Same here , same here  

+ 1. Finally!

March 21, 2019
11:08 am
Londonguy
Members
Forum Posts: 535

Astroboy said
Does anyone know if the T5 they sent us includes the calculated bonus interest attributable to last year?  

No, it doesn't, so that bonus interest will be included on your T5 for 2019. In fact, Simplii cited the deferral feature as a selling point at the time

April 19, 2019
2:16 pm
butterflycharm
Members
100sp_Permalink sp_Print

COIN said

Yes, DUCA is a solid institution. No jerking around like Simplii and Tangerine with their silly games.

In case no one has previously mentioned it, Tandia is paying 3.75% on their eVEST savings account until April 30th.  

Wow 3.75% !!! that rocks. Do you think they will continue after April 30th?

No permission to create posts

Please write your comments in the forum.