Simplii Financial Extends its 3.15% Promo (November 1, 2018 - June 30, 2019) | Page 4 | Simplii Financial | Discussion forum

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

No permission to create posts
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
Simplii Financial Extends its 3.15% Promo (November 1, 2018 - June 30, 2019)
March 2, 2019
2:06 pm
Alexandre
Members
Forum Posts: 1109
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

uniQChick said
@cgouimet ,
At Motive Savings Account only 2 free transactions and to move money out to another bank would cost you $20. (...or does it only applies to accounts transferred to another financial institution???) sf-confused  

Workaround: in addition to their Savings account, open no fee daily banking Motive Checking account with no balance required and unlimited deposits and withdrawals.

Transfers between your Motive accounts are free.

You'll figure the rest. sf-smile

March 2, 2019
3:27 pm
Winnie
Ontario
Members
Forum Posts: 463

Norman1 said

Winnie said

I also received the confirmation email.
But, apparently, that means nothing at all in my case.
Yesterday I called Simplii and big surprise - not enrolled and not eligible for the promotion!
Almost 1 hour on the phone, multiple "Please hold, my supervisor will investigate ..." and final result "We're sorry, we can't find our confirmation that email was send to your address".

Are you certain the confirmation e-mail received was for the offer extension?

The original Simplii CSR may have messed up, believing you would be getting the extension offer. The "send e-mail" button on your file may only be to send the confirmation again for the original offer. sf-frown

Sounds like there's serious internal confusion at Simplii over which customers will be getting an extension of the 3.15% offer.  

Yes, the confirmation e-mail I received was for the offer extension with 1 million limit and terms: Simplii_March_2019_HISA_Retention_Offer_Long_Final_Clean.pdf
No, I did not talked to the original Simplii CSR.
Before I created a few "Upcoming Transfers" for Feb 28, 2019 to move out all my money (to be sure, that each transfer amount will be below 50k) and on Feb 27, 2019 I received this "promotion".
And yesterday I decided to call and confirm my "promotion", after reading a few posts here.
Very good that I called, otherwise I would be "enjoying 1.25% for the next 4 months". Now I'm done with Simplii games, all my money out on Monday.

March 2, 2019
6:13 pm
Bill
Members
Forum Posts: 3922

To be clear, I was talking about the last promo, in November or whenever, ending Feb 28. I fully expect, based on past experience, to get my promo interest in mid-March.

The troubles people are reporting here are about the current promo, from what I can see, I don't believe anyone has had this kind of trouble for previous promo periods.

March 2, 2019
7:00 pm
bpwest
Members
Forum Posts: 84

Norman1 said
It is also possible Simplii did send the e-mails. But, the recipient's e-mail system thought it was spam and delivered it to the Spam folder instead of the Inbox folder.

I've had that happen to e-mails sent to me about rate offers and pre-approved credit cards.  

Yes, I had considered a potential problem with my ISP email spam settings, although I had never noticed a problem in the past, with either PC Financial, or really any 'missing' emails from anyone. (I never had an inkling that my ISP was deleting any incoming email incorrectly, ever) And I had received an email from Simplii in May 2018, when Simplii was notifying everyone of 'Important Security Information regarding your Simplii Financial Account'

Nonetheless, I changed my ISP (Telus) email settings from 'delete' (at Telus' descretion) to 'tag' (suspected spam/junk), and began monitoring my 'junk' folder like never before. Still no Simplii confirmation email. I then, as a last resort, changed my Simplii email to my GMail address, requested a confirmation one final time, and then received an email from Simplii, the previously referenced (post #53) 'terms & conditions' email, not confirmation.

In absence of any reasonable explanation, one that frankly evades me, I went well beyond the point of "Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me!!

March 3, 2019
1:09 pm
Norman1
Members
Forum Posts: 6768

Winnie said

Yes, the confirmation e-mail I received was for the offer extension with 1 million limit and terms: Simplii_March_2019_HISA_Retention_Offer_Long_Final_Clean.pdf
No, I did not talked to the original Simplii CSR.
Before I created a few "Upcoming Transfers" for Feb 28, 2019 to move out all my money (to be sure, that each transfer amount will be below 50k) and on Feb 27, 2019 I received this "promotion".
And yesterday I decided to call and confirm my "promotion", after reading a few posts here.
Very good that I called, otherwise I would be "enjoying 1.25% for the next 4 months". Now I'm done with Simplii games, all my money out on Monday.

Did you enrol in the offer?

I did not receive the "extension" offer. But, I was able to find a copy of the Simplii_March_2019_HISA_Retention_Offer_Long_Final_Clean.PDF file online.

Technically, the offer is not an extension of the original offer. Instead, it is a new invitation-only offer that uses the October 31, 2018 closing balance. Enrollment is not automatic. An invitee needs to enroll during the March-June period as in paragraph 1:

3.15% Non-Registered Rate Promotion Terms and Conditions (March 1, 2019 – June 30, 2019)

The Simplii FinancialTM promotional interest offer (the “Offer”) is available between March 1, 2019 – June 30, 2019 (the “Offer Period”) by invitation only to holders of Eligible Accounts. “Eligible Account” means a Simplii Financial High Interest Savings Account and/or Savings Account. Only primary account holders are eligible for the Offer.

1. To participate in the Offer, an Eligible Account holder must enrol during the Offer Period by accepting the online offer through online banking, by accepting the email offer through email, or by calling 1-888-723-8881.

2. The special annual interest rate of 3.15% is a combination of the regular annual interest rate set by Simplii Financial payable on an Eligible Account balance (“Regular Interest”), plus the promotional annual interest rate (“Promotional Interest”) that is calculated at the end of the Offer Period on the Additional Balance as defined below. Any change to the Regular Interest rate will result in a corresponding change to the Promotional Interest rate.

3. The Promotional Interest is calculated, at the end of the Offer Period, on the portion of an Eligible Account’s average daily closing balance during the Offer Period that exceeds the closing balance as at October 31, 2018 (the “Additional Balance”) to a maximum of $1,000,000 in Additional Balances aggregated across all of an account holder’s Eligible Accounts. If an Eligible Account is overdrawn as at October 31, 2018, the closing balance is deemed to be $0.00. Promotional Interest will not be paid on existing funds that were in any Simplii Financial deposit account as at October 31, 2018 and are transferred to an Eligible Account during the Offer Period.

4. Promotional Interest will be paid in July 2019 into a single Eligible Account held by the primary account holder that is active and in good standing as at June 30, 2019. If a primary account holder holds more than one Eligible Account, Promotional Interest will be paid to an Eligible Account in the following priority sequence:

a) to the High Interest Savings Account with the most recent date of activity;
b) to the Savings Account with the most recent date of activity.

March 4, 2019
6:06 am
Kyle
Members
Forum Posts: 6

I have a couple of questions with regards to these promotions such as this one at Simplii Financial:

1) If one holds a non-registered GIC with Simplii before the start of the promotional period, is the GIC balance excluded from the "existing balance in eligible accounts". I would assume any GIC balances do not have any affect on the funds that are used in calculating the promotional interest (i.e. they just use what is in your chequing and/or savings deposit accounts at the start of the promotion as your baseline) - does anyone have past experience with this scenario and is my assumption correct?

2) If your pre-existing GIC matures during the promotional period and the entire GIC principal and compound interest is paid into one of your eligible deposit accounts, are these funds considered new funds for the promotional interest rate? I would assume the answer is yet but I am a little less sure on this. Can anyone confirm what happens in this situation?

Thanks!
Kyle

March 4, 2019
7:45 am
Winnie
Ontario
Members
Forum Posts: 463

Norman1 said

Yes, I accepted the email offer through email.
I was enrolled, I guess.

But, when I called a few days later to confirm that, I was told, that I'm not enrolled and not eligible at all.

According to Simplii Terms, an Eligible Account holder must enrol during the Offer Period between March 1, 2019 – June 30, 2019 (the “Offer Period”), but I received my email a few days before March 1, 2019 and that is probably why Simplii declined my enrollment and eligibility.

The Simplii FinancialTM promotional interest offer (the “Offer”) is available between March 1, 2019 – June 30, 2019 (the “Offer Period”) by invitation only to holders of Eligible Accounts. “Eligible Account” means a Simplii Financial High Interest Savings Account and/or Savings Account.

1. To participate in the Offer, an Eligible Account holder must enrol during the Offer Period by accepting the online offer through online banking, by accepting the email offer through email, or by calling 1-888-723-8881.

March 4, 2019
2:07 pm
Norman1
Members
Forum Posts: 6768

Norman1 said

Winnie said

Yes, I accepted the email offer through email.
I was enrolled, I guess.

But, when I called a few days later to confirm that, I was told, that I'm not enrolled and not eligible at all.

According to Simplii Terms, an Eligible Account holder must enrol during the Offer Period between March 1, 2019 – June 30, 2019 (the “Offer Period”), but I received my email a few days before March 1, 2019 and that is probably why Simplii declined my enrollment and eligibility.

That's definitely possible. You had accepted by e-mail on February 27 when you received the e-mail. Their computer may have tossed the e-mail you sent because the Offer Period had not started yet.

Now that we are in the Offer Period (March 1 to June 30), would it be possible to accept the offer by e-mail again and see what happens? sf-smile

speer12345 reported on RedFlagDeals.com of receiving a confirmation that looks like this. But, that report came on February 23, before the Offer Period:

As requested, this email confirms you are now signed up for the Simplii Financial™ Savings Account Offer! Start earning bonus interest on eligible deposits made into your Simplii Financial savings account(s) until June 30, 2019. With this bonus interest, you'll reach your savings goals even faster.

March 4, 2019
2:15 pm
Oscar
Members
Forum Posts: 283

Winnie has pointed out in her post above Norman1 that all of our efforts to enroll or confirm enrollment before March 1st was all a waste of time. Yet they were confirming enrollment to some anyway.
This one couldn't stink any worse . Who's their marketing genius ?
No email here yet either. Don't care anymore.
And back in November/December they did tell me they were having technical issues regarding getting the emails out. They aren't even bothering to make up a story now.
Lots of unhappy customers

March 10, 2019
11:14 am
Jim Sherat
Members
Forum Posts: 154

If one needed more ammo to prove 'Simplii Stinks', they still don't offer GICs within a TFSA account ! ... nope, just their so called "High Interest Savings Acct", and maybe a promo on top to the privledged (lucky?) few.

March 11, 2019
5:32 pm
uniQChick
Members
Forum Posts: 34

@Oscar,
As I said in my post 54 the manager offered to send Offer Info attached to my file by regular mail on March 2. Today March 11 still no letter received, so I called them again and was told that the letter was just mailed today!!! Wow! sf-frown

March 12, 2019
8:13 am
Oscar
Members
Forum Posts: 283

@uniQChick ,
Be sure to post back with their latest excuse next month sf-laugh
But even if you do receive it , it seems absurd that an online bank would have to resort to that . Still no email here

March 12, 2019
8:54 am
SaverJunior
Toronto
Members
Forum Posts: 51

Have anyone received the promotional interest yet for the offer ended on Feb 28?

March 12, 2019
10:10 am
Londonguy
Members
Forum Posts: 535

SaverJunior said
Have anyone received the promotional interest yet for the offer ended on Feb 28?  

I just looked 2 minutes ago -- no sign of it yet -- they owe me a bit over $400

March 12, 2019
10:39 am
fabafter50
Members
Forum Posts: 177

Me neither.
Called them last week to enquire.
I was given a 2 week window.

March 16, 2019
8:28 am
Jim Sherat
Members
Forum Posts: 154

Jim Sherat said
If one needed more ammo to prove 'Simplii Stinks', they still don't offer GICs within a TFSA account ! ... nope, just their so called "High Interest Savings Acct", and maybe a promo on top to the privledged (lucky?) few.  

Well how about this ... just a few days after my Mar 10th comments, I get an email invitation for 3.15% in my HISA from now through June 30th ! 😉
It's based on Feb 28th balance (which would include ALL Simplii accounts, including any GICs).
Given that my 6month RBC eSavings 3% [which actually turned out to be 3.15%] is about to expire, in about a week, this could work nicely.

Having read the 'frustrated' comments in this thread, it makes me wonder if its worth trying to get confirmation that my funds, once transferred, are really earning the promo rate? I did accept and got confirmation [scr capture taken], so maybe I'm good to go ?

March 16, 2019
8:40 am
cgouimet
Members
Forum Posts: 1474

On Mar 15 I received my 3.15% Simplii offer for Mar 1 to Jun 30.

With my 3.0% Tangerine offer expiring Mar 31, I'm in the process of moving funds.

It is TBD where the funds will go after that ...

CGO
March 17, 2019
7:51 pm
suzhuz
Members
Forum Posts: 11

I haven't received the promotional interest for the offer that ended February 28 yet and it's the evening of March 17. Maybe tomorrow. has anyone else received it?

March 18, 2019
6:09 am
matkokubko
Members
Forum Posts: 14

suzhuz said
I haven't received the promotional interest for the offer that ended February 28 yet and it's the evening of March 17. Maybe tomorrow. has anyone else received it?  

Still nothing!

March 18, 2019
7:57 am
suzhuz
Members
Forum Posts: 11

I called Simplii last night and they are aiming to start paying the bonus interest, for the promotion that ended February 28, on March 21.

No permission to create posts

Please write your comments in the forum.