Simplii Financial Extends its 3.15% Promo (November 1, 2018 - June 30, 2019) | Page 2 | Simplii Financial | Discussion forum

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

No permission to create posts
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
Simplii Financial Extends its 3.15% Promo (November 1, 2018 - June 30, 2019)
February 23, 2019
6:03 am
Bill
Members
Forum Posts: 3922
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

I was speaking with a Simplii rep on another matter and at the end of the conversation I mentioned I'd heard targeted offers were going out. He said yes, if I'm getting one I'd hear by the first week of March. People tell you anything these days, who knows if it's true.

February 26, 2019
8:04 am
fabafter50
Members
Forum Posts: 177

So yesterday I thought I would call Simplii and inquire about the extension of the 3.15% promo and whether I was receiving it or not. I have not received an email. The young lady told me if I had the original offer, I would receive the extended offer. I asked her to please double check that I, for sure me, was indeed receiving the extension. She was gone for at least two minutes, coming back on and assuring me that yes, I had received the extension. Not convinced, I called back today on another matter, got a very astute young man, and asked him to check. He said I most definitely was NOT on the extended target list. Unless you get an email it's a no go and it would appear they are going to adapt Tangerine's lottery style banking.sf-frown

February 26, 2019
8:10 am
Loonie
Members
Forum Posts: 9245

So frustrating when you can't get a reliable answer from these people. They owe you that much.
I had always thought Tangerine was better at this, but last Fall I was given some wrong information by them on the phone too.

February 26, 2019
8:13 am
fabafter50
Members

I quit Tangerine when they were throwing different offers to everyone and although I had a whack of money in there, 3 times in a row I got the crap offer. I wrote them a letter, told them 3 times and I'm out, and pulled every cent out of there.
They are on my never/ever no matter what list.

February 26, 2019
8:58 am
hwyc
GTA
Members
Forum Posts: 1169

The focus of this thread is currently on who(or how) get the end-of-june offer.

Anybody has a view on whether there will be promotional interest payout on the end-of-feb offer ... in march ? Or it will be pushed after end-of-june

February 26, 2019
9:47 am
fabafter50
Members

hwyc said
The focus of this thread is currently on who(or how) get the end-of-june offer.

Anybody has a view on whether there will be promotional interest payout on the end-of-feb offer ... in march ? Or it will be pushed after end-of-june  

If you did NOT receive the extended interest promo, your interest will be paid in March. If you did receive the extended promo, the promo interest will be paid after the completion date of said promo. This is what I was told today. I hope this meets your focus standards.

February 26, 2019
10:06 am
uniQChick
Members
Forum Posts: 34

hwyc said
... Anybody has a view on whether there will be promotional interest payout on the end-of-feb offer ... in march ? Or it will be pushed after end-of-june  

fabafter50 said
If you did NOT receive the extended interest promo, your interest will be paid in March. If you did receive the extended promo, the promo interest will be paid after the completion date of said promo. This is what I was told today. I hope this meets your focus standards.  

If you are @ November 2018 – February 2019 promotional offer you will be paid promotional interest in first few weeks of March 2019.
If you are @ November 2018 promotional offer and you received an “Extension Offer” March 2019 – June 2019, you will be paid promotional interest for the “Original Offer” in first few weeks of March 2019 and you will be paid promotional interest for the “Extension Offer” in first few weeks of July 2019.

February 26, 2019
10:36 am
hwyc
GTA
Members

[BTW] According to point 3 on screenshot in post #19, the Promotional Interest is calculated on *average* daily closing balance during the offer period ...

Hm. Does it mean the average can be skewed to my favour if I make a huge deposit for only a day or two during the offer period ?

February 26, 2019
11:03 am
Bill
Members
Forum Posts: 3922

hywc, well a "huge deposit" for a couple of days will increase your daily average amount for the period, that's true, but for those 2 days you'll still only be earning promo interest calculated on the (much lower) period's daily average figure. If that's what you're asking.

February 26, 2019
11:05 am
uniQChick
Members

@Oscar,
When I read an online offer that pops up at our login to Simplii it is mention “that existing money as of Feb 28 will not be eligible for promotional interest”. (Please, see screenshot)
Simplii-Financial-High-Interest-4.jpg
But, when I clicked at link on the bottom of that offer, for the full terms and conditions of this offer, those money are eligible for promotional interest.
When I called Simplii representative and pointed to these discrepancies, he was surprised, but he is not able to see the "online offer that pops up at our login page". He sad they must go by what is attached to our file and based on what is attached to my file all of my money are eligible for promotional interest since October 31, 2018. I asked him to sent me an email confirming that and what is attached to my file.

February 26, 2019
3:08 pm
Oscar
Members
Forum Posts: 283

I ended up calling them yesterday to see if indeed it was a misprint and to see if I could leave the money in there. I explained that my offer stated that existing balances as of February 28 would no longer receive the bonus interest. I asked if that was a misprint . He said he couldn't see that anywhere and assured me that my existing balance would continue to receive promotional interest through the extension period. I requested that he email those terms and conditions that he was viewing and he said I would receive the email tomorrow. Twenty four hours passed so I called them back and spoke to another rep and asked for clarification as my email hadn't arrived. She told me that my existing balances as of February 28 would not be eligible for the promotional interest offer extension. I expailed that I had been told yesterday that it was eligible and so she checked with a supervisor and came back and confirmed that existing balance was NOT eligible and offered to connect me with a supervisor. When I spoke to the supervisor I explained that I kept getting conflicting information . She put me on hold and read through the terms and then assured me that my existing balance on February 28 would continue to earn promotional interest ( they must have alot of supervisors). I asked her to email that to me and reminded her that up until now they have never been able to confirm anything to my by email . In fact the only response I ever received when I emailed Simplii at "talk to us...) regarding the fact that I wasn't receiving promised emails was that email is an insecure form of communication and so they could not supply me the requested information.
On a positive note I noticed that I only wait a couple of minutes to speak with a rep as opposed to 20 minutes about a year or 2 ago.

uniQChick that is where I downloaded the terms PDF , it was after I logged in and seen the offer and before hitting accept I clicked on the link, glanced through it and downloaded it and then I hit accept and it was gone except for my downloaded copy. That's why I posted the warning in the first place and then didn't heed my own advice.

February 26, 2019
3:20 pm
uniQChick
Members

@Oscar,
What is the name of the file that you downloaded?
If you click on the link I provided before, you will see the name:
Simplii_March_2019_HISA_Retention_Offer_Long_Final_Clean.pdf
...So, I guess, it is final, polished offer! sf-wink

February 26, 2019
3:38 pm
Oscar
Members

hisa-march-2019-promo-offer-en.pdf
Did you notice the limits are different also. 500000 and a million. They are different terms. I think they are tailored but they aren't even telling their reps that. Let's see if they email. At least that way we would have something to go by in July when they play stupid , otherwise you put blind faith in them and that = 1.25%

February 26, 2019
6:17 pm
hwyc
GTA
Members

Also found two related topics on the *expired* promotions section of highinterestsaving.ca

SImplii Financial - 3.0% Interest on New Deposits until February 28, 2018
Simplii Financial Extends its Promo from March 1- June 30, 2018

When I check the monthly statements, I see two PROMOTIONAL interest - one in March and one in July. It appeared last year's retention offer respect the Oct 31st balance even for the extension.

BTW, not to rule out multiple versions of text exist, our email lead us to "Simplii_March_2019_HISA_Retention_Offer_Long_Final_Clean.pdf"

February 26, 2019
6:29 pm
Oscar
Members

hwyc
is it the same offer terms and conditions you are offered when you log in ? Did you accept through email or while logged in ?

February 26, 2019
8:20 pm
hwyc
GTA
Members

@ Oscar - see my earlier entry (#15) in this thread. Unfortunately, we did not capture the details during the acceptance while logged in. And now there is no trace on the website anymore.

February 27, 2019
6:37 am
davidgeorge
Members
Forum Posts: 294

No extension offer for me. Just moved all my fund out of Simplii.

February 27, 2019
7:24 am
GR
Members
Forum Posts: 632

It would be interesting and helpful to try to determine how their marketing department chooses their preferred clients for special offers. Would any of the lucky targets who received the extension promotion offer to June 2019 be willing to let us know if their Simplii savings account balances were either (1) or (2):
(1) In the upper 5 figures or higher?
or
(2) less than upper 5 figures?

February 27, 2019
7:30 am
fabafter50
Members

GR said
It would be interesting and helpful to try to determine how their marketing department chooses their preferred clients for special offers. Would any of the lucky targets who received the extension promotion offer to June 2019 be willing to let us know if their Simplii savings account balances were either (1) or (2):
(1) In the upper 5 figures or higher?
or
(2) less than upper 5 figures?  

I was wondering the EXACT same thing. I did NOT receive the extension and I had 6 figures in.
Interesting to note, I also had 6 figures in the balance with Tangerine when I did not make the cut for the good offers.
Maybe they are trying to keep their interest payments lower?
Thoughts?

February 27, 2019
11:42 am
uniQChick
Members

@ GR and @ fabafter50,
I had less then upper 5 figures in when I received this promotion extension.

No permission to create posts

Please write your comments in the forum.