Simplii Financial Extends its 3.15% Promo (November 1, 2018 - June 30, 2019) | Simplii Financial | Discussion forum

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

No permission to create posts
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
Simplii Financial Extends its 3.15% Promo (November 1, 2018 - June 30, 2019)
February 21, 2019
8:18 am
uniQChick
Members
Forum Posts: 34
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Promo of 3.15% is extended till June 30, 2019.
For a limited time, you can earn 3.15%* interest on deposits into your Simplii Financial™ High Interest Savings Account from November 1, 2018 to June 30, 2019. That means you’ll earn interest on deposits you’ve already made – plus on new deposits!
Check your emails or Log in and see it.

*Offer Period: March 1, 2019 – June 30, 2019. To participate in the Simplii Financial™ promotional interest offer (the “Offer”), an eligible account holder must enroll during the Offer Period by accepting the online offer through online banking, by accepting the email offer through email, or by calling 1-888-723-8881. The Offer is available by invitation only to holders of Simplii Financial High Interest Savings Account and/or Savings Account (“Eligible Accounts”).

February 21, 2019
2:24 pm
rhvic
Victoria, BC
Members
Forum Posts: 468

I am a current HISA holder with Simplii, but I did not get an email about this new offer, nor is there any mention of it when I sign in. Hopefully this is still coming. At least this new offer would match the length of the offer from Tangerine, to June 30.

February 21, 2019
2:58 pm
GR
Members
Forum Posts: 632

In spite of the title of this thread, this promo appears to be not an EXTENSION of the offer expiring end of February but a new TARGETED offer for select clients only.
For clients on the existing promo offer, did you receive notification of the new promo?

February 21, 2019
3:12 pm
Patch002
Members
Forum Posts: 79

I am an client of the existing offer (ending Feb 28/19) and I did not receive a new or extended offer. I'll consider my options but likely to move the money out to 3.00% Tangerine.

February 21, 2019
3:19 pm
Alexandre
Members
Forum Posts: 1109

I am client of existing promo offer (till February 28, 2019), I have not received notification of the new promo.

My money already left Simplii and is parked at RBC with their 3% offer (till April 30, 2019).

February 21, 2019
5:19 pm
uniQChick
Members

@GR,
I am a Simplii Financial client on the existing promo offer.
It is the EXTENSION of the offer expiring end of February. Please, look at offer screenshot I received by email. I’m not sure, if it is targeted or not to special individuals...
Simplii-Financial-Extension.jpg

February 21, 2019
5:53 pm
fabafter50
Members
Forum Posts: 177

I've also got the current offer until Feb. 28th, but did not receive anything else regarding this new extended offer.
Wonder if a phone call might help or maybe wait a day or two?
Thoughts?

February 22, 2019
4:36 am
cgouimet
Members
Forum Posts: 1474

My Tangerine 3% offer ends 03/31. I never got targeted for a Simplii 3.15% offer.

Looking at transferring Tangerine HISA funds to Motive HISA at 2.8% and Meridian 18-Mo GIC's at 3.25% ...

CGO
February 22, 2019
8:23 am
Bud
Banned
Forum Posts: 1375

Simplii isn't too customer friendly on the phone no exceptions i've heard

February 22, 2019
8:49 am
cgouimet
Members

I had an online chat re that 3.15% offer.

The "To Jun 30 2019" offer is apparently an extension of the "To Feb 28 offer". So, if you're on the Feb 2019 offer you should have received an offer to extend.

She offered to send me the "To Feb 2019" offer. Kinda pointless on Feb 22! But Ah ... Accept the Feb 2019 offer to get the Jun 2019 extension ...

I'm waiting ...

CGO
February 22, 2019
9:48 am
rhvic
Victoria, BC
Members
Forum Posts: 468

I just spoke with a rep via the phone number in the first post of this thread. They informed me that I am not one of the targeted accounts for this offer, and will not get the rate extended til June 30. I informed them that my money will thus move elsewhere.

February 22, 2019
9:56 am
cgouimet
Members

The online chat guy says I have to call to get the through Jun 2019 offer. I said I don't do online banking to do phone and on-hold phone banking. Send me the offer or my $30k goes elsewhere.

Looks like elsewhere ...

CGO
February 22, 2019
11:03 am
Oscar
Members
Forum Posts: 283

I received the promo offer. It says it's a targetted offer. In the terms and conditions you will see that existing money as of Feb 28 will not be eligible for promotional interest so you need to clear out your money and then move it back in . It's pretty clearly stated but it's obviously designed to dupe people and you would only find out you've been duped after the promo ended in July or whenever and you didn't receive your promo interest. I don't think it's correct to call it an extension.

February 22, 2019
11:26 am
uniQChick
Members

@Oscar,
I doubt that promotional offers we both received any different! There is nothing mentioned about “that existing money as of Feb 28 will not be eligible for promotional interest”. Here is the link for the full terms and conditions of this offer. Please, show me where does it say so?

February 22, 2019
11:37 am
Oscar
Members

That's interesting. I downloaded it while signed in and section 3 is different

3. For Eligible Accounts opened before the Offer Period, the Promotional Interest is calculated, at the end of the Offer
Period, on the portion of an Eligible Account’s average daily closing balance during the Offer Period that exceeds
the closing balance as at February 28, 2019 (the “Additional Balance”). If an Eligible Account is overdrawn as at
February 28, 2019, the closing balance is deemed to be $0.00. For Eligible Accounts opened during the Offer
Period, the Promotional Interest is calculated, at the end of the Offer Period, on an Eligible Account’s average daily
closing balance during the Offer Period (the “New Balance”). Promotional Interest will not be paid on existing funds
that were in any Simplii Financial deposit account as at February 28, 2019 and are transferred to an Eligible Account
during the Offer Period. The Promotional Interest will only be calculated on Additional Balances and New Balances
to a maximum of $500,000 across all of a primary account holder’s Eligible Accounts.

February 22, 2019
11:56 am
Oscar
Members

I don't know what to make of it. Are they customizing terms and conditions or did they correct an error they made on the date ? As I said I have downloaded my agreement and posted section 3 but can't upload the entire pdf file to this site. And offer probably won't appear if I log in to Simplii again because I clicked on accept so that screen won't come up again. In your case it looks like you will be okay, just download a copy of that link for your own records.

February 22, 2019
12:14 pm
uniQChick
Members

@Oscar,
I would suggest that you contact them and request to email you the full terms and conditions of this offer that you had just agreed to.

February 22, 2019
12:17 pm
cgouimet
Members

I haven't received an offer extending through June. But the two offers shown here are different. One says 3.15% on balances in excess of end of October, the other on balances in excess of end of February.

Tailored ...

The only offer I have now (received today) is for balances higher than end of Oct and good to end of Feb. LOL. I'll wait for another offer before I move anything over to Slippery.

I may just end up going with the Motive 2.8% HISA.

CGO
February 22, 2019
12:35 pm
Oscar
Members

For me it's clear. I have to move my money out before Feb. 28 and you don't have to . I won't spend another minute on phone with them after all the time I spent getting the initial promo.
Yea slippery , slimy evenScreenshot-at-2019-02-22-15-40-56.pngScreenshot-at-2019-02-22-15-41-42.png
Sreenshots of PDF -only way to upload ?

February 22, 2019
2:06 pm
hwyc
GTA
Members
Forum Posts: 1169

I am also troubled by the "closing balance as at February 28, 2019" clause. As a precaution, we are transfering out to ensure the balance on that day will be low.

P.S. - (1) We are currently on the 3.15% till end-of-Feb offer; (2) We did get email invitation with a link (IMO not wise to click on); (3) so when we sign-on directly, there is another button to prompt us to "register"

No permission to create posts

Please write your comments in the forum.