October 2021 Inflation | Page 4 | General financial discussion | Discussion forum

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

No permission to create posts
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
October 2021 Inflation
November 23, 2021
12:55 pm
Vatox
Members
Forum Posts: 1017
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
November 23, 2021
8:36 pm
Vatox
Members

Norman1 said

Kidd said
… I thought, Canadians have more money than they know what to do with. Maybe the likes of Rogers, air canada and every insurance company in this country are right to charge more for their substandard service, because Canadians are filthy rich.

Maybe I've been looking at our economic picture with my head in the sand. My view has always been, the glass is half empty, maybe if i had a smaller glass it would be over flowingly full and my outlook would change to the positive.

If one just focusses on the half empty glasses, then one will miss the ones that are overflowing!

There aren't multiple sources for those "53% of Canadian households are $200 or less from insolvency" news items. They are all quoting the same Ipsos poll.

The same poll also says the following:

…, the Index has also found that households are reporting having less money left over at the end of the month ($625 on average, -$108 from December). …

Overall average is $625 away from insolvency.

If 53% of Canadian households are $200 or less each month, then then other 47% must be averaging $1,104 or more each month to pull the overall average up to $625:

$200 x 0.53 + $1,104.25 x 0.47 = $624.998

The other 47% have overflowing glasses, averaging $1,104+ left each month after their expenses.

Lots of Canadian households are well off. With $1,104+ left after each month, some of them can afford a few dollars more on their utility bill or insurance bill.  

Here is why I’ve been saying you can’t average the numbers, especially for savings. Look at the savings chart. The $625 average is garbage.

https://betterdwelling.com/household-savings-data-shows-only-canadas-top-earners-are-thriving/

November 23, 2021
8:39 pm
Vatox
Members

All of those savings are in the hands of the upper echelon.

November 24, 2021
10:06 pm
Vatox
Members
No permission to create posts

Please write your comments in the forum.