Targeted Simplii HISA offer of 4.75% (was 3.00% and 3.85%) ending October 31st 2022 | Page 6 | Simplii Financial | Discussion forum

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
Targeted Simplii HISA offer of 4.75% (was 3.00% and 3.85%) ending October 31st 2022
September 23, 2022
8:15 pm
Lodown
Members
Forum Posts: 193
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
101sp_Permalink sp_Print

GR said
Someone who said she was a manager at Simplii informed me that the new rate of 4.75% applies, effective September 1, 2022, to all funds deposited that were originally eligible for the 3.85% promo, even if deposited before Sept. 1; in addition to all new money deposited starting Sept. 1, 2022,

(I am not responsible for the accuracy of info conveyed to me. She claimed to be unable to email me confirmation.)  

...unable to email a confirmation???? If it is not in writing what do you have to go on if it turns out to be "a mistake"? Why would a FI pay out more interest on existing funds AND NOT BRAG ABOUT IT TO THEIR CLIENTS BY EMAIL AHEAD OF TIME or at least AFTER THEY CALL IN? Something stinks.

September 23, 2022
8:51 pm
Romnea
Banned
Forum Posts: 11

Are they offering anything to cold call clients those who aren't on any promotion. I see nothing in my offers or inbox. I'll call Monday maybe they'll offer a treat.

September 23, 2022
10:03 pm
Norman1
Members
Forum Posts: 6766

Your notification could have been lost.

COIN called in to ask why the 3.85% offer was not given to him and found out he was actually enrolled!

September 23, 2022
10:12 pm
Norman1
Members
104sp_Permalink sp_Print

Bill said
Same confirmed for me by phone agent, everybody on previous offer will get 4.75% during September and October on their balance higher than June 30 balance. They're going to have to make a big payout November 15 or so.

That resembles their updated new client HISA offer. Same Offer Period as before but a higher 4¾% rate for September and October:

1. Offer Period
This HISA Offer begins on June 1, 2022 and ends on October 31, 2022 (the “Offer Period”).

3. How Interest is Calculated and Paid
The special annual interest rate is 4.75% between September 1 and October 31, 2022 and 3.85% for the balance of the Offer Period. This special annual interest rate is a combination of the regular annual interest rate set by Simplii Financial payable on a HISA balance (“Regular Interest”), plus the promotional annual interest rate (“Promotional Interest”) that is calculated at the end of the Offer Period on the New Balance (as defined below). …

September 24, 2022
7:02 am
Bill
Members
Forum Posts: 3920

My offers were based on deposits made after June 30.

Their website says the 4.75% is just for new accounts, directs you to another page with current offers for existing clients and no reference to 4.75% rate there. I don't get how the young generations running the world now are doing things - the new capitalism is give people way more than they think they're getting and keep it a secret, must be some TikTok marketing tactic I'm clued out about, whatever. I'm sure some folks on here will be doing the calculations in November to see exactly what rates they earned in the last few months.

And FAQ for new account offer says "You can earn this special interest rate on deposits up to $1,000,000. On anything more than that, you’ll earn our regular interest rate......"

September 24, 2022
8:01 am
Norman1
Members
106sp_Permalink sp_Print

The targeted offer for existing clients is a bit different. The Offer Period for the targeted offer is July 1 to October 31.

The targeted offer was not visible on Simplii's site. There was a link in the confirmation e-mail: Full terms and conditions. The terms and conditions were updated from 3% to 3.85%. They haven't been updated to 4.75%.

September 24, 2022
2:06 pm
Winnie
Ontario
Members
Forum Posts: 463
107sp_Permalink sp_Print

agit said
I called and was told the offer also applied to client with 3.85% targeted offer but only from Sep 1 to Oct 31. she could be wrong ??? anyone called?  

Yes, I was told exactly the same - only from Sep 1 to Oct 31 and only to clients with 3.85% targeted, that now become 4.75% targeted. Very strange behavior.

September 24, 2022
2:55 pm
anita555
Members
Forum Posts: 33
108sp_Permalink sp_Print

The following is chat today, with Simplii on line,

You saidcan you confirm the interest rates that my savings account has been earning over the last few months, including up to Oct 31 2022
Nayanee saysYou are enrolled into the offer. You will receive the payout by the end of Nov 2022.
You saidcan you discribe the offer
You saidcan you send me a link to the terms and conditions or send me an email with detail
Nayanee saysClient who are eligible for this offer will earn a promo rate of 3.85% on new funds between July 1 and August 31, 2022 and will earn a promo rate of 4.75% between September 1 and October 31, 2022.
Nayanee saysYour snapshot balance is $0.04.

Promotional interest is calculated on the portion of the average daily closing balance in the accounts that exceeds the snapshot balance
The promotional interest is credited to the primary account holder by November 30, 2022
Clients continue to get their regular monthly interest payments at the posted rates
Promotional interest is calculated on the portion of the average daily closing balance that exceeds the closing balance on June 30, 2022, up to a maximum difference of $500,000 combined across all eligible HISA accounts for which the client is the primary account holder
You saidcan you send that info to my email.
Nayanee saysYes I can definitely email you the terms and conditions. Could you kindly confirm your email address?
Nayanee saysYour eligibility for the promotion is subject to the terms and conditions associated with this campaign. If you do not have a copy of the terms and conditions, we can email you a copy.

I will be emailing it to the email you have provided me with. Please give me one moment.
You saidthanks
Nayanee saysI have emailed you the Terms and conditions. you should receive it shortly. Is there anything else I can do for you today?
You saidcan i see this interest promo rate in the details of my online acct
Nayanee saysYou would not be able to, I do apologize for that.
You saidi looked at terms you sent me , and i don't see a mention about the 4.75 rate just the 3.85
Nayanee saysYes the 4.75% conditions have not been updated yet. You can get the updated terms and conditions for that within the next 5 business days 🙂

September 24, 2022
5:48 pm
Lodown
Members
Forum Posts: 193
109sp_Permalink sp_Print

"Nayanee saysYes the 4.75% conditions have not been updated yet. You can get the updated terms and conditions for that within the next 5 business days"

Really?, Simplii has been running this for how long?...and they cannot replace 3.0% and 3.85% with 4.75% in their T&C's until another week!! What kind of amateur outfit is this?

September 25, 2022
12:28 pm
mustang
Members
Forum Posts: 215
110sp_Permalink sp_Print

Called in today to verify that our 3.85% promo has been upgraded to 4.75%, for Sept and October
The agent asked for a minute, and came back shortly, to confirm that, yes, it is now earning 4.75%

September 26, 2022
8:14 am
Romnea
Banned
Forum Posts: 11
111sp_Permalink sp_Print

Simplii offered nothing

September 26, 2022
9:30 am
Iminterested
Members
Forum Posts: 17
112sp_Permalink sp_Print

mustang said
Called in today to verify that our 3.85% promo has been upgraded to 4.75%, for Sept and October
The agent asked for a minute, and came back shortly, to confirm that, yes, it is now earning 4.75%  

I was told by the Simplii online chat agent today, that the 4.75% only applied to new deposit from Sept 1 to Oct 31st. The money already in the account (July 1 to Sep 1) would only earn 3.85% until October 31st. I asked for written confirmation, but like the others, only received the previous promo offer by email, with no mention of the 4.75% specs.

September 26, 2022
10:07 am
GR
Members
Forum Posts: 632
113sp_Permalink sp_Print

Iminterested said

I was told by the Simplii online chat agent today, that the 4.75% only applied to new deposit from Sept 1 to Oct 31st. The money already in the account (July 1 to Sep 1) would only earn 3.85% until October 31st. I asked for written confirmation, but like the others, only received the previous promo offer by email, with no mention of the 4.75% specs.  

Because this contradicts what some other clients have been told, I suggest you phone and ask to speak to a manager.

September 28, 2022
5:31 am
anita555
Members
Forum Posts: 33
114sp_Permalink sp_Print

did anyone get terms and conditions for 4.75 or just verbal promises?

September 29, 2022
1:28 am
RetirEd
Members
Forum Posts: 1013
115sp_Permalink sp_Print

This is really Mickey-Mouse amateur service. Fuggeddabouditt.
RetirEd

RetirEd

September 29, 2022
7:47 am
Bruford
Banned
Forum Posts: 229
116sp_Permalink sp_Print

Simplii Chat Sept 25

What is the current interest rate on my HI savings account please?
I can certainly take a look into this for you today. Please bear with me as I pull your account on my end.
Thank you for waiting,.

So, I was able to pull your account here. I see that your HISA is enrolled in the promo interest rate offer.

Client who are eligible for this offer will earn a promo rate of 3.85% on new funds between July 1 and August 31, 2022 and will earn a promo rate of 4.75% between September 1 and October 31, 2022.
TY

September 29, 2022
12:36 pm
COIN
Members
Forum Posts: 1109

anita555 said
did anyone get terms and conditions for 4.75 or just verbal promises?  

Verbal only. Nothing in writing.

October 5, 2022
2:45 pm
rhvic
Victoria, BC
Members
Forum Posts: 467
118sp_Permalink sp_Print

I got this note when I logged into my Simplii account today:

"We’re upping your interest rate from 3.85% to 4.75%
This applies to eligible deposits made to your High Interest Savings Account between September 1 and October 31. Interest will be paid out in November. Enjoy your new rate"

Of course this does not help me, since my funds arrived in the account before Sept. 1. So, I will transfer them instead to Tangerine which is now paying 4.3% until the end of the year on a promo.

October 5, 2022
4:51 pm
karenkautumn
Members
Forum Posts: 5

rhvic said
I got this note when I logged into my Simplii account today:

"We’re upping your interest rate from 3.85% to 4.75%
This applies to eligible deposits made to your High Interest Savings Account between September 1 and October 31. Interest will be paid out in November. Enjoy your new rate"

Of course this does not help me, since my funds arrived in the account before Sept. 1. So, I will transfer them instead to Tangerine which is now paying 4.3% until the end of the year on a promo.  

you are existing client got targeted offer 3.85% not new client right? i confirmed with agent 4.75% sep1-oct31 for new funds from July 1 and agent confirmed with supervisor, I feel so frustrated that they gave wrong information, i guess i will see the same message soon. anyone else got this message?

October 5, 2022
5:36 pm
Norman1
Members
120sp_Permalink sp_Print

I got the same message.

Perhaps the second sentence was supposed to be "This applies between September 1 and October 31 to eligible deposits made to your High Interest Savings Account."

Please write your comments in the forum.