Targeted Simplii HISA offer of 4.75% (was 3.00% and 3.85%) ending October 31st 2022 | Simplii Financial | Discussion forum

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
Targeted Simplii HISA offer of 4.75% (was 3.00% and 3.85%) ending October 31st 2022
July 6, 2022
2:40 pm
suburbs4life
Members
Forum Posts: 159
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Those sneaky bankers. I just received a targeted email offer on July 6th for eligible new deposits to savings accounts after June 30th! This ends October 31st 2022.
Already lost a week into this offer already. This is not much better than the 2.75% offer I had that ended June 30th... Pretty weak offer IMO.

July 6, 2022
3:21 pm
JohnnyCash
Members
Forum Posts: 217

suburbs4life said
Those sneaky bankers. I just received a targeted email offer on July 6th for eligible new deposits to savings accounts after June 30th! This ends October 31st 2022.
Already lost a week into this offer already. This is not much better than the 2.75% offer I had that ended June 30th... Pretty weak offer IMO.  

Got the same offer with a popup when logging in. Called Simplii to verify that I had been registered for the promo when I clicked on " Sign me up " , as the popup disappeared without any confirmation of my acceptance.

I had been on the previous 2.75% promo and had emptied my accounts a few days prior to June 30th with the expectation that they may run another promo and likely stipulate the offer would apply to new funds only.

Any HISA worthy of consideration is paying at least a minimum 3.0%. Just need to look at the HISA chart to see how awful most of the rates are. I'm still waiting to see if Tangerine will target me again after ignoring their 2.2% offer from May 1st until November 30th, so far nothing. They seem to be offering 3% to many clients that have called in lately from what I read on another forum.

Most of my funds are currently with Meridian at 3.15%, not a big difference, but every little bit counts.

July 6, 2022
7:10 pm
Bill
Members
Forum Posts: 3890

Thanks suburbs, wife checked and she got the offer too, appears to be same as the one that's been there since June 1 for new customers.

July 6, 2022
7:31 pm
suburbs4life
Members
Forum Posts: 159

JohnnyCash said

Got the same offer with a popup when logging in. Called Simplii to verify that I had been registered for the promo when I clicked on " Sign me up " , as the popup disappeared without any confirmation of my acceptance.

I had been on the previous 2.75% promo and had emptied my accounts a few days prior to June 30th with the expectation that they may run another promo and likely stipulate the offer would apply to new funds only.

Any HISA worthy of consideration is paying at least a minimum 3.0%. Just need to look at the HISA chart to see how awful most of the rates are. I'm still waiting to see if Tangerine will target me again after ignoring their 2.2% offer from May 1st until November 30th, so far nothing. They seem to be offering 3% to many clients that have called in lately from what I read on another forum.

Most of my funds are currently with Meridian at 3.15%, not a big difference, but every little bit counts.  

Well played Johnny. I did withdraw most of my money but not all as I expected an offer at the end of July.

I am waiting to see what happens after next 2 weeks- further rate rises. I may just sign up for some short term GIC’s instead of these HISA promos after that. Time will tell.

July 7, 2022
6:33 am
Bill
Members

Wife called to ask for confirming email, thought I'd ask why I didn't get the offer, the friendliest agent in history checked and said I'd accepted the offer too (news to me, I'd seen nothing when I'd signed in) and would be getting a confirming email within a couple of day too, if I want. So maybe other people are on the promo without knowing it too..........

July 7, 2022
7:10 am
savemoresaveoften
Members
Forum Posts: 2748

no love as usual.

For those that contemplate opening new account with Simplii, keep in mind if you are already a CIBC customer, after the new acct promo is over, you wont rec any more "promo"....

July 7, 2022
7:11 am
agit
Members
Forum Posts: 185

Bill said
Wife called to ask for confirming email, thought I'd ask why I didn't get the offer, the friendliest agent in history checked and said I'd accepted the offer too (news to me, I'd seen nothing when I'd signed in) and would be getting a confirming email within a couple of day too, if I want. So maybe other people are on the promo without knowing it too..........  

Thank Bill for your post I also did not get an email or popup when logging in.

I just called and honestly I also spoke with the friendliest agent in history I mean that and surprise i do have that 3% offer. Again Bill thanks for your post.

July 7, 2022
7:24 am
Bill
Members

Great, agit! I'm going to wait for the confirming email before I transfer money in.

July 7, 2022
7:29 am
agit
Members

Bill said
Great, agit! I'm going to wait for the confirming email before I transfer money in.  

I just got my email 20 minutes after my call so check your email

July 7, 2022
7:48 am
JohnnyCash
Members

savemoresaveoften said
no love as usual.

For those that contemplate opening new account with Simplii, keep in mind if you are already a CIBC customer, after the new acct promo is over, you wont rec any more "promo"....  

Can you be more specific as your post implies something that I find surprising. A little more detail would be appreciated.

July 7, 2022
8:39 am
agit
Members

savemoresaveoften said
no love as usual.

Well I've never received an offer from Simplii until this offer and I do have CIBC HISA and Checking with 0.00 and no transaction for at least few years.

keep in mind since Simplii took over PCF, they offered a Promo to everyone every November with the exception of last November.

July 7, 2022
8:42 am
JPenterprise
Members
Forum Posts: 46

Thanks agit.
Log in 1st time this morning had no offer. Log in again the 2nd time (about 10 mins after the 1st log in) the offer pop up. I clicked on " Sign me up ", then call Simplii to make sure I was signed up. Agent will send email for my sign up and told me new fund only (old fund is the balance as of June 30) and up to $500k.

July 7, 2022
9:00 am
Bill
Members

You're right, agit, it's there, thanks. Nice agent, smart too, i.e. always best to under-promise and over-perform.

Yes, just on new funds, though I imagine few folks had any money there at their non-promo rate. I had about $25 in my account and $25 in the joint, agent told me promo rate will apply to anything over my starting total of $50. If I remember right from past promos the bonus interest in November for both accounts will go into the non-joint account (I think).

July 7, 2022
9:36 am
RateChaser
Members
Forum Posts: 4

Does the sign up button work for anyone?

I am happy to see above that others just see the popup disappear without any results. For once, I am not "special". I think this is the 3rd promo where I have had to follow up because their "sign up" does not work.

July 7, 2022
10:09 am
savemoresaveoften
Members
Forum Posts: 2748

JohnnyCash said

Can you be more specific as your post implies something that I find surprising. A little more detail would be appreciated.  

Simplii is just a transit number of CIBC. If u already have HISA with CIbc and money being parked there, you won’t rec any promotion is my experience. At best I may rec the promotion that they offer to everyone, but certainly none of the targeted promotion.

July 10, 2022
10:35 am
Norman1
Members
Forum Posts: 6679

RateChaser said
Does the sign up button work for anyone?

I am happy to see above that others just see the popup disappear without any results. …

The sign up button worked for me. No immediate feedback before the offer screen disappeared after clicking on the button.

Looking at its timestamp, my confirmation e-mail was sent about 24 hours later.

Give it a day or so before calling in.

July 10, 2022
2:23 pm
COIN
Members
Forum Posts: 1106
sp_UserOnlineSmall Online

If Simplii is on the Rogers network, it might take longer than usual to get a confirmation email.

July 12, 2022
9:44 am
mustang
Members
Forum Posts: 205

We got the pop up offer-- no email. Fortunately, had cleaned out pervious offer prior to June 30. Considering accepting offer-- but that would just be to spread things around, since already have the DUCA and Meridian offers in place. Wondering.. if we ignore this one, whether likely to get another in a month or two? Anybody with opinion on that based on their own experience?

July 12, 2022
10:23 am
JohnnyCash
Members

mustang said
We got the pop up offer-- no email. Fortunately, had cleaned out pervious offer prior to June 30. Considering accepting offer-- but that would just be to spread things around, since already have the DUCA and Meridian offers in place. Wondering.. if we ignore this one, whether likely to get another in a month or two? Anybody with opinion on that based on their own experience?  

There's no right, or wrong decision in respect to accepting, or ignoring the Simplii offer. I would personally accept it for now and dump a smaller amount into it as a backup in the event you need access to some funds if there's an unforeseen and unexpected issue with DUCA, or Meridian and there's an urgent matter at hand. Don't expect another offer from Simplii until November, not saying you wouldn't get targeted earlier, your guess is as good as mine. Simplii seems to annually have a targeted offer in November and 3% in the interim is not bad.

To add, I ignored the Tangerine 2.2% 7 month offer from May to the end of November because it was too low, hoping that I would get targeted again,sooner rather than later. So far, nothing from Tangerine and it may turn out that I'll possibly have to wait until as late as December to get targeted again, we'll see.

For now, like you, I'll keep most of my funds with Meridian at 3.15%.

July 12, 2022
10:54 am
Bill
Members

My experience is Simplii is not like Tangerine, Simplii just puts out an offer every now and then to selected people and that's it.

Funny thing, I'm on Simplii's offer and when I signed in today I got an invitation to sign up for the 3% offer I'm already on! So I signed up again!

Please write your comments in the forum.