2022 T5 | Page 3 | Income tax filing | Discussion forum

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
February 10, 2023
8:35 am
AltaRed
BC Interior
Members
Forum Posts: 2884
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

TommyT said

CRA would do anything to try to suck you into overcontributing. I put 6 grand in the TFSA at Questrade at the start of January 2022.  

That is BS. CRA cannot post on MyAccount what they do not have. Financial institutions have, by law/regulation, until March of the following year to provide the CRA with TFSA contributions made the prior year. If anything, CRA is probably exasperated by this process since it is extra work for them to work with a taxpayer to sort out problems. It is always so easy to blame CRA when it has nothing to do with them at all.

February 10, 2023
10:23 am
savemoresaveoften
Members
Forum Posts: 2875

AltaRed said

That is BS. CRA cannot post on MyAccount what they do not have. Financial institutions have, by law/regulation, until March of the following year to provide the CRA with TFSA contributions made the prior year. If anything, CRA is probably exasperated by this process since it is extra work for them to work with a taxpayer to sort out problems. It is always so easy to blame CRA when it has nothing to do with them at all.  

Tommy has some very unique thought process, everything being a conspiracy theory being one, US dollar and stock market a scam the other.

Dont take it seriously.

February 10, 2023
12:09 pm
TommyT
Banned
Forum Posts: 127

RetirEd said
TommyT: I cannot seriously imagine that the Canadian Revenue Agency would actively try to cause registered plan overcontributions. The extra work alone would make it pointless in virtually all cases.

Has anyone else been given that impression? When I once wondered if I'd done a boo-boo (very small amount) I was told not to worry and just send a note explaining things. I did and never heard more about it.
RetirEd  

They did in my case. I had to track down where $6,000 came from and it was Questrade. It just magically appeared about a week ago in my account. The TFSA amount went from $6,500 to $12,500. I have cashed in TFSA's and RRSP's at Questrade in the past but not in the 2022 taxation year.

February 10, 2023
12:14 pm
TommyT
Banned
Forum Posts: 127

savemoresaveoften said

Tommy has some very unique thought process, everything being a conspiracy theory being one, US dollar and stock market a scam the other.

Dont take it seriously.  

I'm a professional gambler by profession. I know from all other venues of gambling just how rigged and manipulated the U.S. stock market is. I've been an avid trader since the 1970's. It's been a three ring circus sideshow since 1994 now with worse fundamentals than Bitcoin.

February 15, 2023
12:27 pm
Alexandre
Members
Forum Posts: 1109

Neo Financial - T5 is available online.

February 15, 2023
1:29 pm
AltaRed
BC Interior
Members

This morning I downloaded the T4A(OAS) and T4A(P) from Service Canada, plus my 2023 installment notice from CRA MyAccount. Availability timing has varied somewhat over the years.

February 15, 2023
1:58 pm
Dean
Valhalla Mountains, British Columbia
Members
Forum Posts: 1914

Interesting timing ⬆ ➡ ... my OAS & CPP T4A's came it the Mail 2day. sf-smile

Dean

sf-cool " Live Long, Healthy ... And Prosper! " sf-cool

February 15, 2023
3:17 pm
Loonie
Members
Forum Posts: 9245
sp_UserOnlineSmall Online

DUCA and Meridian today by Canada Post.

February 15, 2023
3:46 pm
Warwick111
Members
Forum Posts: 54

Achieva Financial T5 is available online.

February 15, 2023
4:11 pm
AltaRed
BC Interior
Members

Dean said
Interesting timing ⬆ ➡ ... my OAS & CPP T4A's came it the Mail 2day. sf-smile

Dean

I just meant I downloaded them today. I don't know when SC posted them on their website (didn't try to figure that out).

February 17, 2023
11:20 am
Rail Baron
Members
Forum Posts: 266

T5 from RBC for my USD ISA arrived yesterday by mail.

There was no involvement by QTrade, which is where I hold my units in this ISA.

February 17, 2023
11:52 am
AltaRed
BC Interior
Members

It is my experience that ISA T5s tend to come from the underlying issuer, not the brokerage itself although I seem to recall that clients of TDDI with TD ISAs might have gotten their T5s from the brokerage site.

February 17, 2023
12:17 pm
RAV4guy
Members
Forum Posts: 43

Today I received my 2022 T5 from WealthOne Bank. It was delivered by Canada Post.

February 17, 2023
1:29 pm
Alexandra
British Columbia
Members
Forum Posts: 458

AltaRed said

I just meant I downloaded them today. I don't know when SC posted them on their website (didn't try to figure that out).  

I went to download my OAS on the CRA site but realized the amount on the slip was incorrect. It had last years (2021) amount and not 2022's. So will wait until the paper copy comes in the mail. The CPP slip was correct.

February 18, 2023
8:53 am
Norman1
Members
Forum Posts: 6766

T5 slip from Wyth arrived this past week. The payer is "Concentra Financial Services Association".

February 18, 2023
9:39 am
suburbs4life
Members
Forum Posts: 161

This may be a stupid question, I just downloaded my T5 from My CRA account from Motive. I would assume this means I dont need the copy I again ASSUME they will mail to me this spring? As I have yet to receive my T5 from Motive financial/Canada western bank. I suspect no one else here has either?

Simplii still mails their T5's right before personal taxes are due I believe from prior years. Has anyone received a T5 from simplii yet?

Cheers

Happy long weekend everyone!

February 18, 2023
10:19 am
AltaRed
BC Interior
Members

No one needs the paper copy to complete their tax returns. The PDF copy on MyAccount is the same thing.

February 18, 2023
10:33 am
Alexandra
British Columbia
Members
Forum Posts: 458

Alexandra said

I went to download my OAS on the CRA site but realized the amount on the slip was incorrect. It had last years (2021) amount and not 2022's. So will wait until the paper copy comes in the mail. The CPP slip was correct.  

Went on to "My Account" with CRA today and guess what..........they now have the correct info for OAS. Weird. They did have it wrong the other day though as I double checked to make sure it was for year 2022 and the process date was in Jan of 2023. sf-laugh

February 18, 2023
2:53 pm
savemoresaveoften
Members

Alexandra said

Went on to "My Account" with CRA today and guess what..........they now have the correct info for OAS. Weird. They did have it wrong the other day though as I double checked to make sure it was for year 2022 and the process date was in Jan of 2023. sf-laugh  

yeah when they update info on a slip thats was already sent to them earlier, sometimes they keep the original upload date on it sometimes and does not show its being amended. So its not 100% accurate to use the "date" they showed to see if a slip has been amended or not.

February 19, 2023
10:58 am
savemoresaveoften
Members

The Wyth bank slip comes under the name Concentra Financial Services this year ?

Please write your comments in the forum.