2022 T5 | Page 2 | Income tax filing | Discussion forum

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
February 2, 2023
8:47 am
Oscar
Members
Forum Posts: 283
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

COIN said
Got the following reply from StudioTax this afternoon.

"Most likely it will work…Windows 7 is no longer supported by Microsoft. As a result it is supported by StudioTax as a best effort; that mean we will not do anything to prevent it but we may require a new library from Microsoft that result is forcing us to stop supporting it."  

As long as you remain offline you are safe, that's the main reason for using it. If you are able to complete your return successfully it should be safe to connect briefly to Netfile.

February 2, 2023
10:22 am
RAV4guy
Members
Forum Posts: 43

I have received my 2022 T5 from Bridgewater Bank. It came through the post.

February 2, 2023
11:06 am
savemoresaveoften
Members
Forum Posts: 2866

CanTire bank arrived in snail mail too.

February 3, 2023
8:14 am
savemoresaveoften
Members

Interesting.

Log into my CRA account and see a whole bunch more T5 in there that were processed on Jan 31. These are the ones NOT alert by the institutions that its ready.

And the ones that I received or were advised its available is NOT posted on CRA yet lol

February 3, 2023
11:21 am
COIN
Members
Forum Posts: 1108

savemoresaveoften said And the ones that I received or were advised its available is NOT posted on CRA yet lol  

CRA is very slow in posting T5's. Also, beware of the TFSA room you see online. The CRA could revise and lower that room at anytime. Happened to me last year.

February 4, 2023
6:45 am
COIN
Members
Forum Posts: 1108

savemoresaveoften said
@coin, just move on from windows7. U have nothing to gain using such an outdated OS.  

I assume you have experience with both Windows 7 and 10. Aside from the fact that Microsoft no longer supports 7, do you find 10 any better than 7?

February 4, 2023
7:38 am
savemoresaveoften
Members

COIN said

I assume you have experience with both Windows 7 and 10. Aside from the fact that Microsoft no longer supports 7, do you find 10 any better than 7?  

I was on 10 and update to 11 when I got my new desktop last year.

11 is the best experience out of all the previous Windows I had. My experience dated back to the Windows95 and before.
10 and 11 will allow ur computer to boot up much faster, I am talking 10secs vs 1min plus 7&8.

To me 7&8 tried too hard to mimic a tablet with the tiles and fail badly at the end. 10&11 simplifies it and they learn from their mistakes.

For best security point of view, better use an OS that is still officially supported,

February 4, 2023
1:03 pm
AltaRed
BC Interior
Members
Forum Posts: 2873
sp_UserOnlineSmall Online

dommm said
TD Webbroker T slips are available for download.  

I am guessing you mean some of them, e.g. T5 as an example. There will be T3, etc. later on. I picked up some of iTrade T5, T5008 and T1135 today. BMO IL's schedule is just a bit later.

February 5, 2023
8:32 am
dommm
Members
Forum Posts: 157

AltaRed said

I am guessing you mean some of them, e.g. T5 as an example. There will be T3, etc. later on. I picked up some of iTrade T5, T5008 and T1135 today. BMO IL's schedule is just a bit later.  

T4RIF

February 5, 2023
11:28 am
savemoresaveoften
Members

AltaRed said

T3s are always close to end of Mar as trusts and funds are always "slow" to submit to the broker before they have enuf info to issue. Part of it could also be some ETFs have distribution payout in Jan but are counted as Dec transactions (XIU being an example)
T5s are usually avail during Feb and definitely before end of Feb.

February 5, 2023
1:13 pm
AltaRed
BC Interior
Members
Forum Posts: 2873
sp_UserOnlineSmall Online

Plus there can be late revisions to T3s well into April. Every 3rd year or so, one of those late revisions tends to show up. Hence why I don't file until sometime between Apr 20-25 in most cases.

Each brokerage issues a tax slip schedule about Feb 1 each year providing a list of dates when the various tax slips will be available. It's the same process/procedure each year.

February 9, 2023
6:39 am
savemoresaveoften
Members

Tandia CU T5 available for download.

February 9, 2023
7:10 am
RetirEd
Members
Forum Posts: 1003

I just received my 2022 T1 paper tax forms! Yay! Almost no changes, which after two years of extensive revisions is a relief, as it's a lot of work to update and verify my personal spreadsheets.

No T4/T5 slips yet.
RetirEd

RetirEd

February 9, 2023
8:18 am
Alexandre
Members
Forum Posts: 1101

savemoresaveoften said
CanTire bank arrived in snail mail too.  

February 9 - still waiting for mine.

February 9, 2023
8:21 am
Alexandre
Members

Tangerine and Motive Financial T5s are available at CRA My Account.

February 9, 2023
10:55 am
savemoresaveoften
Members

Alexandre said
Tangerine and Motive Financial T5s are available at CRA My Account.  

Is Motive by snail mail only ? I can only see monthly statements online but not T5 ?

February 9, 2023
11:49 am
Alexandre
Members

savemoresaveoften said

Is Motive by snail mail only ? I can only see monthly statements online but not T5 ?  

I downloaded Motive T5 from CRA My Account. It is there under Canadian Western Bank name.

February 9, 2023
1:50 pm
TommyT
Banned
Forum Posts: 127

COIN said

CRA is very slow in posting T5's. Also, beware of the TFSA room you see online. The CRA could revise and lower that room at anytime. Happened to me last year.  

Questrade TFSA not showing up yet from January 2022. They have until March. Magically my amount went from showing $6,500 to $12,500 about a week ago. CRA would do anything to try to suck you into overcontributing. I put 6 grand in the TFSA at Questrade at the start of January 2022.

February 9, 2023
3:24 pm
Loonie
Members
Forum Posts: 9238

Based on my own very small sample, I think FIs are slower getting their T slips out this year, probably due to staffing shortages. This could be a nightmare for accountants etc. An extra week makes a huge difference. CRA should probably extend the deadline but I doubt they will.

February 10, 2023
6:19 am
RetirEd
Members
Forum Posts: 1003

TommyT: I cannot seriously imagine that the Canadian Revenue Agency would actively try to cause registered plan overcontributions. The extra work alone would make it pointless in virtually all cases.

Has anyone else been given that impression? When I once wondered if I'd done a boo-boo (very small amount) I was told not to worry and just send a note explaining things. I did and never heard more about it.
RetirEd

RetirEd

Please write your comments in the forum.