2021 T5 statements from various FIs and CUs | Page 7 | Income tax filing | Discussion forum

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
2021 T5 statements from various FIs and CUs
March 12, 2022
12:50 pm
AltaRed
BC Interior
Members
Forum Posts: 2887
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
121sp_Permalink sp_Print

As is my ex in Alberta waiting for her hard copies. C'est la vie. I got mine online via Service Canada over a month ago.

March 14, 2022
12:55 am
RetirEd
Members
Forum Posts: 1015
122sp_Permalink sp_Print

Two weeks later and STILL no T5 from Oaken. Got to call them tomorrow and poke them a bit.

Everything else is in now, including the government benefit ones.
RetirEd

RetirEd

March 14, 2022
2:25 am
cgouimet
Members
Forum Posts: 1474

RetirEd said
Two weeks later and STILL no T5 from Oaken. Got to call them tomorrow and poke them a bit.

Everything else is in now, including the government benefit ones.
RetirEd  

My experience with Oaken is very limited as I've had access to my "Digital" account for 10 days. But as far as I can tell, nothing is fast at Oaken. From the day I applied online with all requested documentation online, it was 9 calendar days before I received the "welcome package" with the info necessary to access my account.

Once that was complete, we applied for my wife's account. That was 10 calendar days ago and still no email saying the "welcome package" is on its way ...

CGO
March 14, 2022
8:38 am
Loonie
Members
Forum Posts: 9246

Oaken is clearly falling behind. We are waiting for 3 T slips from them.
In addition, we transferred out a registered plan whose GIC matured March 10. Oaken says "the cheque is in the mail" as of March 10. In the past, Oaken has ensured that such cheques arrived at their destination on or before maturity date. They had lots of notice.

These days, you never know when they send things out as postmarks are rare to non-existent on pre-printed envelopes. I'm not sure I believe what they say about when they send things out. It's not like I live in Pangnirtung!

March 14, 2022
8:54 am
cgouimet
Members
Forum Posts: 1474
125sp_Permalink sp_Print

Oaken proves that rates and service don't have to go together ...

CGO
March 14, 2022
10:10 am
Dean
Valhalla Mountains, British Columbia
Members
Forum Posts: 1914

Oaken's T5's have been available on their website, for 3+ weeks now.

Why wait for Snail Mail ❓

Dean

sf-cool " Live Long, Healthy ... And Prosper! " sf-cool

March 14, 2022
10:11 am
Norman1
Members
Forum Posts: 6770

Oaken may not print and mail the slips from Toronto.

Home Trust does have a location in Halifax, a less expensive area. It could be cheaper to print and stuff envelopes out on the east coast.

Canada Post usually prints a sorting bar code on the back, lower left in phosphorescent pink ink. There will be a date and postal code letter after the bars, like FEB 26R, to indicate date and region processed (R=Manitoba).

March 14, 2022
10:20 am
Alexandra
British Columbia
Members
Forum Posts: 458
128sp_Permalink sp_Print

I haven't received my T5 interest slip nor my RIF slip from them yet. I did my own paper income tax and have sent it in to CRA. I printed my "home bank" and "home trust" statements from online account. One can print off of their CRA "my account" as well. I know the RIF info wasn't available til the end of Feb online. Tired of waiting for the slips to come in the mail.

March 14, 2022
10:21 am
Loonie
Members

I haven't heard that anyone from Halifax has received their Oaken T slips either.
It is my understanding that they are mailed from the GTA. This is logical since this is where their HQ are.

Added: RIF T slip from Oaken arrived today by Canada Post from parts unknown. Still waiting for 2 non-reg'd.

March 14, 2022
12:39 pm
Loonie
Members
130sp_Permalink sp_Print

My vision isn't up to the challenge but spouse says my envelope from Oaken says MR11M on the back. Wherever M may be (Mississauga?), it only took one business day to get here from date of postmark.

March 14, 2022
1:15 pm
Norman1
Members

Processed by Canada Post March 11.

"M" is the first letter of the postal code of the Canada Post processing centre. "M" is Metropolitan Toronto.

Next day delivery by Canada Post for machinable mail within a major city is quite common.

March 14, 2022
2:44 pm
Brimleychen
Members
Forum Posts: 258
132sp_Permalink sp_Print

Received 2 Home Trust slips @ March 10, another one today March 14.
It is Toronto

March 14, 2022
4:55 pm
GR
Members
Forum Posts: 634
133sp_Permalink sp_Print

Oaken T5 received March 14; pink code on back of envelope shows processed March 12.
Manager Natasha at Oaken vehemently claims that all T5s were mailed Feb. 28.
How can that be true when these slips are being received late by so many clients and the same delay occurred last year?!
Oaken obviously has a problem in not mailing them on time, as required by law, with their dishonesty or with their system of mailing them on Feb. 28th and paying for special storage by Canada Post!

March 15, 2022
12:41 am
RetirEd
Members
134sp_Permalink sp_Print

Yes GR - I was told on February 28 that all Oaken T5s had gone out. After THREE hour-long waits, I was able to ask again on the 14th, and got only "I'll send an E-mail to the service centre," no hint at what's happening. The Rep wasn't able to look up the status of my previous mailing.

Dean: I won't communicate with any financial institution by E-mail or activate any on-line connections. That way, I provide this forum with a handy source of info on how non-webbies are treated when we take our money to the bank.
RetirEd

RetirEd

March 15, 2022
9:44 pm
Norman1
Members
135sp_Permalink sp_Print

mechone said
Alterna bank anyone receive theirs , nothing is the only one Im waiting for low rates and low service

Mine arrive that last week of February/first week of March.

Interestingly, the Canada Post mark on the back is FE23V. Processed by Canada Post February 23. V means it was mailed from somewhere in British Columbia!

March 17, 2022
2:49 am
RetirEd
Members
136sp_Permalink sp_Print

Here it is: my Oaken T5 arrived on March 16, half a month after the legal deadline. AND it was NOT the same amount they'd given me over the phone on February 28! Under $100, after all.
RetirEd

RetirEd

March 17, 2022
7:03 am
Norman1
Members

RetirEd said
Here it is: my Oaken T5 arrived on March 16, half a month after the legal deadline. AND it was NOT the same amount they'd given me over the phone on February 28! Under $100, after all. 

It would be a good idea to determine which amount is the correct one. Sometimes the slip doesn't include the interest from all one's deposits.

My T5 slip from Simplii has always been off. The slip only has the interest from my Simplii HISA and not the interest from my Simplii chequing account. So, I report the chequing account interest as interest with no slip.

March 17, 2022
7:32 am
Loonie
Members
138sp_Permalink sp_Print

I got remaining Oaken T5 yesterday too. That's all of them now for me.
Oaken ought to be reported, but I can't be bothered.

I'm reassured that I'm not the only one who finds discrepancies in these slips. I just ignore them as not worth bothering about unless significantly against my best interests, which they have never been.

March 17, 2022
7:41 am
BlueSky
Members
Forum Posts: 144
139sp_Permalink sp_Print

Did anyone here dealing with Oaken get a Quebec RL-3 Slip?
I got a T5, but not a RL-3. I emailed them a query, no response yet.

March 18, 2022
3:31 am
RetirEd
Members
140sp_Permalink sp_Print

Norman1: Interesting point! I've never gotten any T5s that didn't match my calculations and back statements, but Oaken doesn't give me statements. I have to call in, and their phone service response has sunk to the level of Tangerine's.

I just joined them in November, though, and at the moment have only a savings account. That should be simple enough.
RetirEd

RetirEd

Please write your comments in the forum.