2021 T5 statements from various FIs and CUs | Page 6 | Income tax filing | Discussion forum

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
2021 T5 statements from various FIs and CUs
March 5, 2022
10:24 am
cgouimet
Members
Forum Posts: 1474
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
101sp_Permalink sp_Print

Norman1 said
T5 slip from Hubert arrived this past week.

Canada Post markings indicate that it was processed Saturday, February 26. It was probably dropped in the mail February 25.  

Got mine Friday Mar 5. But still not at CRA...

CGO
March 5, 2022
10:26 am
bhuc
Toronto
Members
Forum Posts: 138
102sp_Permalink sp_Print

No T5 from Motive .
I'm starting to do my taxes and realised that I had interest income from Motive .
I had a whopping interest amount of $16.72 for all of 2021 .

Maybe Motive doesn't send a T5 to me or the CRA if interest is below a certain threshold ?
I logged into CRA to see if Motive submitted a T5 document to CRA for download.
CRA does not have a T5 document for download listed.

According to the web I have to declare the interest as other income because a T5 was never issued.

But what I do know is CRA will ding me big time if I don't declare it.

March 5, 2022
10:31 am
AltaRed
BC Interior
Members
Forum Posts: 2887

It rarely pays to 'skip' reporting interest just because a T5 was not issued for amounts under $50. IMO, it is one of those penny wise and pound foolish things.

I've already put ~$1 of interest from my CAD chequing into the tax return and $1.20 from my US domiciled USD bank account into the tax return.

March 5, 2022
11:28 am
Norman1
Members
Forum Posts: 6770

bhuc said

According to the web I have to declare the interest as other income because a T5 was never issued.

Bank account and GIC interest income without a T5 slip is still reported on Line 12100 (Interest and other investment income) and not Line 13000 (Other income).

See Federal Worksheet section for "Line 12100 – Interest and other investment income". Line 7 of that section.

March 5, 2022
3:12 pm
Dean
Valhalla Mountains, British Columbia
Members
Forum Posts: 1914
105sp_Permalink sp_Print

Our T5's from Hubert Financial has arrived in the mail.

For some reason, their T5's are Still not available on their website (access to 'Tax Documents' has been removed) ... but I guess it doesn't matter anymore.

'Se La Vie'

Dean

sf-cool " Live Long, Healthy ... And Prosper! " sf-cool

March 5, 2022
3:58 pm
cgouimet
Members
Forum Posts: 1474
106sp_Permalink sp_Print

Dean said
Our T5's from Hubert Financial has arrived in the mail.

For some reason, their T5's are Still not available on their website (access to 'Tax Documents' has been removed) ... but I guess it doesn't matter anymore.

'Se La Vie'

Dean

It's been broken for quite a while and they did remove it a few weeks ago...

CGO
March 7, 2022
11:23 am
RAV4guy
Members
Forum Posts: 43
107sp_Permalink sp_Print

My T5 from Laurantian Bank arrived today in the mail. This is the last one for me.

March 8, 2022
11:37 am
dougjp
Members
Forum Posts: 575
108sp_Permalink sp_Print

bhuc said
No T5 from Motive .
I'm starting to do my taxes and realised that I had interest income from Motive .
I had a whopping interest amount of $16.72 for all of 2021 .

Maybe Motive doesn't send a T5 to me or the CRA if interest is below a certain threshold ?

But what I do know is CRA will ding me big time if I don't declare it.  

I got a paper T5 in the mail from Cdn. Western Bank (Motive) on February 23. As of today (March 8), CRA does not show that T5. The only other one CRA doesn't show yet is Equitable (rec'd in the mail Feb 24).

Because of this timing, my guess is (a) they didn't issue a T5 to you (or CRA) because the amount was under $ 50-, and (b) for some reason CRA is very slow posting. As others have said, I would report it. However if you plan not to, because of this delay I'd be waiting and checking CRA up to April 30 before filing.

As an aside, I finally got my T4A's for CPP and OAS today. In previous years they were among the first to arrive.

The main accomplishment of almost all organized protests is to
annoy people who are not in them.

March 8, 2022
5:19 pm
Alexandre
Members
Forum Posts: 1112
109sp_Permalink sp_Print

RAV4guy said
My T5 from Laurantian Bank arrived today in the mail. This is the last one for me.  

Same here.

Still, no OAS/CPP/GIS tax forms in mail, for relatives whom I help filing their taxes. It's been quite a long wait this year. I wonder if CRA switched my relatives' tax forms delivery to paperless.

March 10, 2022
7:42 am
frugal lady
Members
Forum Posts: 191
110sp_Permalink sp_Print

Alexandre said

Still, no OAS/CPP/GIS tax forms in mail, for relatives whom I help filing their taxes. It's been quite a long wait this year. I wonder if CRA switched my relatives' tax forms delivery to paperless.  

No OAS/CPP in mail for numerous seniors that I know also and they do not have CRA accounts.

March 10, 2022
8:30 am
Alexandre
Members
Forum Posts: 1112
111sp_Permalink sp_Print

frugal lady said

No OAS/CPP in mail for numerous seniors that I know also and they do not have CRA accounts.  

That's the thing: mine do have CRA accounts and last year CRA notified them about an option to switch to paperless. They might have accepted accidentally.

Anyway, still not one CPP/OAS/GIS for them in the mail. They live in Ontario. If nothing by end of March, I'll just have them login to CRA, print their tax forms, which I'll then help them submit back to CRA in their tax reports.

March 10, 2022
10:58 am
Loonie
Members
Forum Posts: 9246

We are expecting OAS/CPP for 3 people, and none have arrived (Toronto) as of today.

March 10, 2022
11:45 am
mustang
Members
Forum Posts: 216
113sp_Permalink sp_Print

Oaken (Home Trust) showed up in the mail box today
(They had previously sent a statement showing all the info, anyway)
Just checked CRA site-- and the Home Trust is not posted there yet

And, no CPP or OAS from out benefactors in Ottawa yet-- although they are posted on CRA MY ACCOUNT

March 10, 2022
12:42 pm
Dean
Valhalla Mountains, British Columbia
Members
Forum Posts: 1914

FWIW . . .

We received our OAS & CPP T4A's in the mail, over two weeks ago.

Dean

P.S.
We live in the sticks of S.E. BC. sf-smile

sf-cool " Live Long, Healthy ... And Prosper! " sf-cool

March 10, 2022
7:18 pm
Loonie
Members

Correction to #112 above:
Received OAS/CPP tax slip for one of the 3 of us today - both in same envelope. Also in the envelope was a separate tax slip for the $500 extra OAS which was paid out to those who would be 75 by next June.

March 11, 2022
7:24 am
dougjp
Members
116sp_Permalink sp_Print

Loonie said
Correction to #112 above:
Received OAS/CPP tax slip for one of the 3 of us today - both in same envelope. Also in the envelope was a separate tax slip for the $500 extra OAS which was paid out to those who would be 75 by next June.  

That is interesting, has anybody who received the $ 500- payment AND received their OAS/CPP tax slips in the mail, not get a slip for the $ 500-? My wife didn't get the $ 500- tax slip!

Will wait and see, however if no tax slip comes, this could be the beginning of a very big problem, as a vast majority of people will just file based on the slips they receive....

I'll post here if it arrives in future.

March 11, 2022
10:41 am
Loonie
Members

The other person in my household who received the bonus $500 got their T4s today by Canada Post. This also included third tax slip for 500, and all in same envelope.

March 11, 2022
10:59 am
dougjp
Members
118sp_Permalink sp_Print

Loonie said
The other person in my household who received the bonus $500 got their T4s today by Canada Post. This also included third tax slip for 500, and all in same envelope.  

Thanks. From the government's web site canada.ca,
" Delayed tax slips: The majority of One-Time Payment for Older Seniors tax slips will be issued by February 28, 2022; however, some may be delayed up to the week of March 14, 2022. "

March 12, 2022
8:06 am
frugal lady
Members
119sp_Permalink sp_Print

Also from government website:
"Incorrect tax slips
Due to an administrative error, some recipients of the One-Time Payment for Older Seniors received an incorrect tax slip in which the payment amount of $500 was incorrectly entered into the document twice.

All individuals who received an incorrect tax slip will be issued amended tax slips in time for the tax filing season, along with a letter explaining how to report the correct amount on their tax slip.

Tax slips available on the Canada Revenue Agency’s My Account for Individuals are correct. When completing your tax return, the correct information will be included if you are using “Auto-fill My Return”.

March 12, 2022
8:13 am
frugal lady
Members
120sp_Permalink sp_Print

And on Government site canada.ca:

Old Age Security
Delayed tax slips
Some tax slips may be delayed up to week of March 14

CPP Retirement pension
Delayed tax slips
Some tax slips may be delayed up to week of March 14

6 seniors living Alberta and BC still waiting

Please write your comments in the forum.