Tandia Wonderfulrate - new money in new HISA account earn 3% until March 31st 2022 | Page 7 | General comparisons | Discussion forum

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

No permission to create posts
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
Tandia Wonderfulrate - new money in new HISA account earn 3% until March 31st 2022
March 4, 2022
6:46 am
mustang
Members
Forum Posts: 215
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
121sp_Permalink sp_Print

While speaking with agent this morning, he volunteered that the money in the wonderful savings account on April 1 can be used to purchase 5 year gic at 3.0%

When I asked about pulling the money out, I was told to allow 5 business days, which ended up confusing me, because he also said my request would be processed the day I called in to move the money
So, thinking that the 5 day thing is just a cya warning about how long it might take to end up in external bank

March 28, 2022
12:05 pm
GR
Members
Forum Posts: 632
122sp_Permalink sp_Print

So far, no extension or attractive new promo for all deposits after this Thursday, when the 3% promo ends in the Wonderful savings account. Tandia should anticipate withdrawal of a very substantial amount of money from all members who deposited last December, if they don't immediately offer an enticing special rate on short-term GICs or savings accounts.

March 28, 2022
12:56 pm
COIN
Members
Forum Posts: 1109
123sp_Permalink sp_Print

GR said
So far, no extension or attractive new promo for all deposits after this Thursday, when the 3% promo ends in the Wonderful savings account. Tandia should anticipate withdrawal of a very substantial amount of money from all members who deposited last December, if they don't immediately offer an enticing special rate on short-term GICs or savings accounts.  

Apparently, they have a 15 month GIC promo but it probably means only "new" funds qualify.

March 28, 2022
12:58 pm
canadian.100
Members
Forum Posts: 943

Tandia's rates would appear to be among the lowest of the FIs. The eVest online HISA rate seems to be 0.40%. That will be quite the drop from getting 3% to 0.40% on April 1. However, it is only March 28th so they have time to offer something attractive before the funds flow out. I think there could be service charges to transfer the funds out.
I see a 13 month special GIC @ 1.70% and a 30 month special GIC @ 2.50%. I did not see a 15 month special.

March 28, 2022
1:04 pm
Bobbyjet11
Members
Forum Posts: 67
125sp_Permalink sp_Print

GR said

I had a call from Tandia on Friday and was asking the same questions after she gave me the rundown on their rather pathetic GIC rates. The rep I talked to was from the main office and unfortunately, she couldn't offer me anything close to the current 3%. She did, however, recommend that I call my local branch and ask if they can do anything for me. FWIW. I will do that this week but it looks like there will be a mass exodus from Tandia coming.

March 28, 2022
3:51 pm
Loonie
Members
Forum Posts: 9245

Tandia knows very well that they will lose deposits on April 1.
These kinds of promos are designed to net some new customers/members, some of whom will stay for future deals or get picked up by their Wealth Management people.
I've received 3 phone calls from them in the last couple of weeks. The fellow I spoke to was very pleasant and appreciated my position. He didn't try to push me into anything unsuitable. I will keep my membership open.

March 29, 2022
7:36 am
co
Members
Forum Posts: 71
127sp_Permalink sp_Print

Bobbyjet11 said

I had a call from Tandia on Friday and was asking the same questions after she gave me the rundown on their rather pathetic GIC rates. The rep I talked to was from the main office and unfortunately, she couldn't offer me anything close to the current 3%. She did, however, recommend that I call my local branch and ask if they can do anything for me. FWIW. I will do that this week but it looks like there will be a mass exodus from Tandia coming.  

Loonie said
Tandia knows very well that they will lose deposits on April 1.
These kinds of promos are designed to net some new customers/members, some of whom will stay for future deals or get picked up by their Wealth Management people.
I've received 3 phone calls from them in the last couple of weeks. The fellow I spoke to was very pleasant and appreciated my position. He didn't try to push me into anything unsuitable. I will keep my membership open.  

Similar experience. The reps are helpful, but not being able to large transfers myself was not my favorite. Hopefully they will have some promo again in the future...

March 31, 2022
12:41 pm
Loonie
Members

I've had a lot of problems logging in to Tandia since this promo started.
Their message is usually "The system is experiencing problems. Please try again later.
For technical assistance, call our Member Solutions Centre at 1.800.598.2891 or Contact Us."
I get this message more than half the time. Eventually it resolves.

Is anyone else having this problem? If so, have you found a resolution or does one just have to wait? I imagine it will be hopeless tomorrow to get anywhere.

March 31, 2022
2:15 pm
COIN
Members
Forum Posts: 1109
129sp_Permalink sp_Print

I called the 1.800.598.2891 number a couple of days ago and didn't experience any issues.

March 31, 2022
9:18 pm
mustang
Members
Forum Posts: 215
130sp_Permalink sp_Print

Loonie said
I've had a lot of problems logging in to Tandia since this promo started.
Their message is usually "The system is experiencing problems. Please try again later.
For technical assistance, call our Member Solutions Centre at 1.800.598.2891 or Contact Us."
I get this message more than half the time. Eventually it resolves.

Is anyone else having this problem? If so, have you found a resolution or does one just have to wait? I imagine it will be hopeless tomorrow to get anywhere.  

I also have regular problems logging in on my laptop, getting that same message.
I was tending to come back some time later, but recently, I have had success by just clcking on the login again, immediately.
It has been this way for me since I started with them
However, I have found that I can basically always connect via my ipad-- in this case, the tablet app seems a lot more stable
Go figure

March 31, 2022
9:46 pm
Loonie
Members
131sp_Permalink sp_Print

thanks for the tips! I does seem Tandia has a problem.

April 1, 2022
5:33 am
savemoresaveoften
Members
Forum Posts: 2875
132sp_Permalink sp_Print

found their system a little weird cuz its supposed to have 2-factor verification (when I set up the account) but somehow it never kicks in (not cuz I selected trust this computer option).
However I dont have any issues logging in either. And the advisor that helped me opened my account is extremely helpful and always reply to my email request same/next day.
For now, without any competitive rates from Tandia, already gave the instructions to move the money out next Monday. 3% was good while it lasts. And I will condemn Tangerine again for not selecting me for their 2.8%...

No permission to create posts

Please write your comments in the forum.