Tandia Wonderfulrate - new money in new HISA account earn 3% until March 31st 2022 | Page 4 | General comparisons | Discussion forum

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

No permission to create posts
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
Tandia Wonderfulrate - new money in new HISA account earn 3% until March 31st 2022
December 11, 2021
9:21 am
Nehpets
Ontario
Members
Forum Posts: 982
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Looks like the PC browser issue that generated an unexpected error, preventing logging into one's account is resolved as of this morning.

Apparently IOS and Android systems were not affected.

It is also recommended that once funds are received at Tandia, that the account into which funds are deposited is indeed the Wunderful 3% account, and that the interest rate shows 3%.

Agree with others that the CSRs at Tandia strive to make satisfactory customer experiences.

Stephen

December 11, 2021
9:59 am
canadian.100
Members
Forum Posts: 943

Nehpets said

It is also recommended that once funds are received at Tandia, that the account into which funds are deposited is indeed the Wunderful 3% account, and that the interest rate shows 3%.

Agree with others that the CSRs at Tandia strive to make satisfactory customer experiences.

Stephen  

.....and so will the "satisfactory customer experience" you received, entice you to remain with Tandia once the 3% promo rate is finished after which you will earn 0.40 on their Savings Acct or buy a GIC - rate for One year is 1.05% and longer terms are a bit higher.

December 11, 2021
10:17 am
Bobbyjet11
Members
Forum Posts: 67

canadian.100 said

.....and so will the "satisfactory customer experience" you received, entice you to remain with Tandia once the 3% promo rate is finished after which you will earn 0.40 on their Savings Acct or buy a GIC - rate for One year is 1.05% and longer terms are a bit higher.  

In a word, no. Hopefully, another institution will entice me then. It gets tiring to chase the best interest rates but what can you do.
Recently I did put part of my money in 3-year GIC at a decent rate (2.5) but the way things are going that rate may not look so good in 2024.

December 11, 2021
10:41 am
Loonie
Members
Forum Posts: 9245
sp_UserOnlineSmall Online

Tandia has a history of offering good GIC promos from time to time. I wouldn't be surprised if there were one after this HISA promo ends.

December 11, 2021
11:16 am
Nehpets
Ontario
Members
Forum Posts: 982

canadian.100 said

It doesn't work like that. Good customer service, in my view, only ensures that I will give serious consideration to dealing with that FI if and when they offer an opportunity that surpasses other options.

There are FI's that are on my absolute avoid list, despite their offerings, because of bad customer service experiences in the past.

Stephen

December 11, 2021
12:25 pm
COIN
Members
Forum Posts: 1109

Loonie said
Tandia has a history of offering good GIC promos from time to time. I wouldn't be surprised if there were one after this HISA promo ends.  

If there is another promo after this one, it will likely be only applicable to that famous "NEW funds".

December 11, 2021
12:47 pm
Loonie
Members

COIN said
If there is another promo after this one, it will likely be only applicable to that famous "NEW funds".  

I doubt that actually.
Normally, the purpose of such offers is to retain money you put into the first promo.
We'll see.

December 11, 2021
12:50 pm
HermanH
Members
Forum Posts: 1164

Loonie said
I doubt that actually.
Normally, the purpose of such offers is to retain money you put into the first promo.

Very logically true. Unfortunately, watching institutions like Tangerine and Simplii consistently trying to 'pull a fast one' by only recognizing New Funds for follow-up promotions leads me to believe that COIN's prediction will prevail. sf-cry

December 11, 2021
2:35 pm
savemoresaveoften
Members
Forum Posts: 2875

HermanH said

Loonie said
I doubt that actually.

Very logically true. Unfortunately, watching institutions like Tangerine and Simplii consistently trying to 'pull a fast one' by only recognizing New Funds for follow-up promotions leads me to believe that COIN's prediction will prevail. sf-cry  

Tang and Simplii are diff cuz they r big banks and their real interest are new customers, not retaining funds which they are flooded in general. The intro rate is to bring a person in, not the funds,
CU on the other hands prefer stable cash and will spend more effort to retain. I think of it as every time a CU tries to attract more cash, it always cost them a lot more than the big5. It’s a different game.

December 11, 2021
5:12 pm
canadian.100
Members

savemoresaveoften said
CU on the other hands prefer stable cash and will spend more effort to retain. I think of it as every time a CU tries to attract more cash, it always cost them a lot more than the big5. It’s a different game.  

Agree.
Tandia paying 3% is a BIG cost - wonder if it will accomplish what Management wants. Hope they have a good strategic plan.
Agree the big banks have huge cash - are planning to do buy backs of shares and just increased dividends. Yes a different game for sure.

December 12, 2021
7:48 am
agit
Members
Forum Posts: 185

Even though it is my first post but I’ve been reading and coming here daily for many many many years

Just wondering if anyone ‘brave” to go over the DICO-FSRA limit of 250K? why yes and why not .

I have no problem going over the 100K with the big5, Tangerine and Simplii since they are publicly traded company and the stock will tumble if anything bad going on but with credit union there is “no stock alarm”

Thanks in advance

December 12, 2021
8:21 am
canadian.100
Members

agit said
Just wondering if anyone ‘brave” to go over the DICO-FSRA limit of 250K? why yes and why not .

I have no problem going over the 100K with the big5, Tangerine and Simplii since they are publicly traded company and the stock will tumble if anything bad going on but with credit union there is “no stock alarm”
Thanks in advance  

Seems that failing credit unions are more likely to get taken over by other credit unions or an amalgamation - they do not seem to go bankrupt as might have happened in the past - not aware of anyone actually losing their funds on deposit at a CU.

I also have no problem exceeding CDIC limits for the big 5 including Tang and Simplii. Probably would have no concern exceeding limits with large established CUs like Meridian, Alterna etc. but not for most of the small CUs. eg Equity CU has super deals but they want $400K or more to get that deal - I would not be interested in such.

December 12, 2021
8:29 am
gicjunkie
Ontario
Members
Forum Posts: 653

I agree with the previous comment. Credit unions seem very happy to absorb their brothers that may get into trouble. We actually did have an investment with a credit union that was failing and was taken over. Our investment, which was at a very high interest rate at the time, was terminated. Our principal was returned and interest was paid to us as of that date, so no money was lost. This was done by the successor company, not by DICO.

December 12, 2021
5:33 pm
COIN
Members

I thought that PACE was about to go under.

December 14, 2021
1:47 pm
Bruford
Banned
Forum Posts: 229

My experience.
1)Gave reams and reams of personal data just to open account.
2)Had to agree to $500 initial deposit and $25 membership fee.
3)Once account application was processed, had to bug them for several days and to no end just to get a personal access code so I could even look at my account.
3)After all that, I had to bug them to set up a Me2Me transfer link from the account they had already taken the $500 from.
4) After transfer link was setup, it would not allow me to transfer funds as the Wonderful account cannot receive money.
5)Had to bug them again, to find out why, so they then had to set up a parallel account to be able receive the funds. They then told me to transfer to that parallel account and THEY will transfer to the Wonderful account. Ya right.
6)Attempted to transfer $14K, error message said it exceeds their transfer limit.
7)Gave up. Will close account tomorrow and request all funds back.

All in all WAY TO MUCH HASSLE FOR A FEW MONTHS OF 3% INTEREST. This promo is a complete waste of time at an institution that is not setup for it.

December 14, 2021
2:02 pm
Loonie
Members

Met with rep at branch to open membership and fund account. Very pleasant experience. Did not have to give "reams" of personal data, just provincial ID and proof of address.
All set!

Where possible, I always sign up at a branch. Everything gets done at once and there is an employee to do the work and resolve any problems.

December 14, 2021
2:14 pm
Brimleychen
Members
Forum Posts: 258

Bruford said
My experience.
1)Gave reams and reams of personal data just to open account.
2)Had to agree to $500 initial deposit and $25 membership fee.
3)Once account application was processed, had to bug them for several days and to no end just to get a personal access code so I could even look at my account.
3)After all that, I had to bug them to set up a Me2Me transfer link from the account they had already taken the $500 from.
4) After transfer link was setup, it would not allow me to transfer funds as the Wonderful account cannot receive money.
5)Had to bug them again, to find out why, so they then had to set up a parallel account to be able receive the funds. They then told me to transfer to that parallel account and THEY will transfer to the Wonderful account. Ya right.
6)Attempted to transfer $14K, error message said it exceeds their transfer limit.
7)Gave up. Will close account tomorrow and request all funds back.

All in all WAY TO MUCH HASSLE FOR A FEW MONTHS OF 3% INTEREST. This promo is a complete waste of time at an institution that is not setup for it.  

Don’t give up, and you almost there, and just write a cheque and deposit with their app, and call the solution centre and they will move to Wonderful high interest saving account for you.

Their staff are very helpful, returning the call promptly.

December 14, 2021
2:37 pm
kevin kai
Members
Forum Posts: 1

booked an appointment and saw a friendly and knowledgeable staff. opened account very fast and edeposited fund already. it is better to schedule an appointment with them. the promo had removed from their website.sf-smile

December 14, 2021
6:16 pm
COIN
Members

kevin kai said
the promo had removed from their website.sf-smile  

So, they stopped promoting the promotion. No surprise. Nothing out there now offering 3%.

December 14, 2021
6:16 pm
smayer97
Members
Forum Posts: 787

kevin kai said
booked an appointment and saw a friendly and knowledgeable staff. opened account very fast and edeposited fund already. it is better to schedule an appointment with them. the promo had removed from their website.sf-smile  

Yes, as of this afternoon, the offer has been ended due to such high response... I was informed while I was talking with an agent in setting up our accounts (ours was completed). So it seems the offer is over.

No permission to create posts

Please write your comments in the forum.