Tandia Wonderfulrate - new money in new HISA account earn 3% until March 31st 2022 | Page 6 | General comparisons | Discussion forum

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
Tandia Wonderfulrate - new money in new HISA account earn 3% until March 31st 2022
January 17, 2022
2:04 pm
canadian.100
Members
Forum Posts: 942
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
101sp_Permalink sp_Print

savemoresaveoften said
is Me2Me transfer free for all accounts including the wonderful rate account ? Cant seem to find that info on their site at all. For their savings account fee page, it does not specify if Me2Me is free nor the wonderful rate account...

Just have Me2Me setup so want to test it, obv not at the expense of paying fee 🙂  

The Tandia site is very unclear to determine fees for me-to-me transfers out - hard to match the fees to names of the accounts. But there does seem to be a fee for most transfers $1.50 for some, and $5 for others. Did not see where it says the first transfer-out is free. Wonder if that is the idea, not to be upfront about their fees. I am sure those who took the "wonderful" offer will need to do some questioning of the Tandia staff to avoid paying big fees to get their funds out.

January 17, 2022
5:49 pm
Norman1
Members
Forum Posts: 6766
102sp_Permalink sp_Print

I think the "Debit transactions included" for the savings account indicates the number of free debit transactions.

The Wonderfulrate account will be closed out on April 1. If one doesn't have another savings account on April 1, a Tiered Interest Savings account will be opened to receive the funds from the Wonderfulrate account. The Tiered Interest Savings account includes one debit transaction.

January 18, 2022
5:38 am
savemoresaveoften
Members
Forum Posts: 2875
103sp_Permalink sp_Print

Norman1 said
I think the "Debit transactions included" for the savings account indicates the number of free debit transactions.

The Wonderfulrate account will be closed out on April 1. If one doesn't have another savings account on April 1, a Tiered Interest Savings account will be opened to receive the funds from the Wonderfulrate account. The Tiered Interest Savings account includes one debit transaction.  

For reference, wonderful is my first account with them and they automatically open a tiered savings acct with me at the same time,

January 18, 2022
7:08 am
COIN
Members
Forum Posts: 1109
104sp_Permalink sp_Print

I think you can ask Tandia to transfer the funds to your Tandia chequing account (if you have one) and then write a cheque to take the money out.

January 19, 2022
10:40 pm
smayer97
Members
Forum Posts: 787
105sp_Permalink sp_Print

canadian.100 said

The Tandia site is very unclear to determine fees for me-to-me transfers out - hard to match the fees to names of the accounts. But there does seem to be a fee for most transfers $1.50 for some, and $5 for others. Did not see where it says the first transfer-out is free. Wonder if that is the idea, not to be upfront about their fees. I am sure those who took the "wonderful" offer will need to do some questioning of the Tandia staff to avoid paying big fees to get their funds out.  

Tandia fees are very upfront on this page:
https://www.tandia.com/fees

And account fees can be found here:
https://online.tandia.com/SharedContent/documents/ServiceFees/DEC%202020/SFB_AccountRelated_Dec1_2020.pdf

There is no fee for Me2Me transfers.

January 20, 2022
4:32 am
canadian.100
Members
Forum Posts: 942

smayer97 said

Tandia fees are very upfront on this page:
https://www.tandia.com/fees

And account fees can be found here:
https://online.tandia.com/SharedContent/documents/ServiceFees/DEC%202020/SFB_AccountRelated_Dec1_2020.pdf

There is no fee for Me2Me transfers.  

Appears there is no fee when transfer is from Chequing but transfer out from Savings to external may incur a fee per the links you provided. If I remember, I believe there is a fairly small $ limit on Me to Me transfers if u do it by self-serve. I guess one may need assisted by an agent to do larger or more frequent transfers out.

January 20, 2022
5:46 am
smayer97
Members
Forum Posts: 787
107sp_Permalink sp_Print

Here are the fees for Savings accounts:
https://online.tandia.com/SharedContent/documents/ServiceFees/DEC%202020/SFB_Savings_Dec1_2020.pdf

There is one withdrawal/month allowed for Tiered savings @ $1.50; $5 each transfer from eVest accts, yet account transfers are free.

So, I see the conflict with the previous set of account related fees where Me2Me transfers are free. I will inquire to get clarity.

February 15, 2022
1:27 pm
anita555
Members
Forum Posts: 33

Has anyone had to withdraw all or a large sum of money from their Wonderfulrate account.
Were there limits as to how much could be withdrawn?
Were there any daily, weekly limits.?
Has anyone been sucessful in linking their Tandia account from the external bank side. How is this done, if you do not have a cheq acct at Tandia, and external bank wants a form showing account detail at Tandia.?

February 15, 2022
1:58 pm
Nehpets
Ontario
Members
Forum Posts: 982
109sp_Permalink sp_Print

anita555 said
Has anyone had to withdraw all or a large sum of money from their Wonderfulrate account...

Anita,
When you are ready to withdraw funds, because Tandia has very low limits on EFT's, you need to deal directly with one of the CSR's on the phone, who would set up a one time pre-authorized debit from your Tandia account and transfer those funds to the FI of your choice, using a blank check as the ID of the destination account...from the way it was explained to me when I first set up my Tandia account.

Stephen

February 15, 2022
2:29 pm
COIN
Members
Forum Posts: 1109
110sp_Permalink sp_Print

I simply ask the CSR to transfer the funds to my Tandia chequing account and write a cheque to take out the money. I don't remember if they charge me for the cheques as it's been like 3 years since I opened the chequing account and even if free back then it might not be free to-day.

February 15, 2022
4:45 pm
Loonie
Members
Forum Posts: 9244
111sp_Permalink sp_Print

First package of cheques is still free, but perhaps only to seniors - not sure.
That package has four books of cheques, enough for a lifetime!

February 15, 2022
6:21 pm
Norman1
Members
112sp_Permalink sp_Print

According to their Dec 2020 chequing accounts fee schedule, cheques are only free now for those age 60+ who have the Limitless 60 Plan.

Cheques are $40+ per order for everyone else.

February 16, 2022
5:26 am
savemoresaveoften
Members
113sp_Permalink sp_Print

Norman1 said
According to their Dec 2020 chequing accounts fee schedule, cheques are only free now for those age 60+ who have the Limitless 60 Plan.

Cheques are $40+ per order for everyone else.  

Some may not be aware but there are tons of cheques printing companies out there that one can order cheques for cheaper than what the FI charges. Think min is 100 but starts at $24.99 only. 100 is plenty these days. I ordered mine from chequesplus and no bounce at all using their cheques vs the "genuine" bank printed ones.

February 25, 2022
12:50 pm
HISAhopper
Members
Forum Posts: 186

I withdrew a large lumpsum of money from the wonderful rate account.
I called and was instructed to move the money from the Wonderful rate account to the Tiered interest saving account. (I already have the Tiered interest saving account linked to an external account).
Tandia rep then sent a secured message for me to sign as to confirm my withdrawal.
The fund was withdrawn around midnight although the paper work was completed before noon, a bit slower sf-confused than I would've expected.
No fee at all.

February 25, 2022
1:59 pm
Norman1
Members
115sp_Permalink sp_Print

I would expect that to be free. Both the Wonderfulrate account and the Tiered Interest Saving account allow one free debit each month.

March 1, 2022
1:20 pm
HISAhopper
Members

I withdrew a chunk of money from this wonderful rate account which earns 3% till end of Mar, now 1 week later I put back X money into this account, would the X amount qualify for 3% still to end Mar?

March 1, 2022
1:39 pm
savemoresaveoften
Members
117sp_Permalink sp_Print

HISAhopper said
I withdrew a chunk of money from this wonderful rate account which earns 3% till end of Mar, now 1 week later I put back X money into this account, would the X amount qualify for 3% still to end Mar?  

I dont think so

March 1, 2022
1:41 pm
Loonie
Members
Forum Posts: 9244

HISAhopper said

If your account shows this money is in the High Interest Savings Special account, then you should be OK, but I would call to make sure as it is not the way I understood it was originally set up.

March 1, 2022
2:40 pm
GR
Members
Forum Posts: 632
119sp_Permalink sp_Print

HISAhopper said

The cut-off for deposits to qualify for the 3% promo rate was in December 2021. Unlikely that later deposits would qualify, unless they make an exception. Phone them.

March 2, 2022
8:12 am
HISAhopper
Members
120sp_Permalink sp_Print

Phoned in, the rep said no.

Please write your comments in the forum.