Tandia Wonderfulrate - new money in new HISA account earn 3% until March 31st 2022 | General comparisons | Discussion forum

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

No permission to create posts
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
Tandia Wonderfulrate - new money in new HISA account earn 3% until March 31st 2022
December 6, 2021
4:50 am
hwyc
GTA
Members
Forum Posts: 1160
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Details to follow wonderfulrate

• Incredible 3% interest rate valid until March 31, 2022*
  • Interest is calculated on the closing daily balance and paid monthly
  • Special rate only available for accounts opened before 11:59 pm on December 17, 2021
  • Account is for non-registered savings (non-eligible for RRSP, TFSA, RRIF)
  • Minimum $500 deposit
  • Must be new money deposited with Tandia

They’ll also be donating $5 for every new account opened to Food4Kids Hamilton & Halton sf-smile

Tandia Financial CU is Ontario-based

December 6, 2021
5:01 am
savemoresaveoften
Members
Forum Posts: 2745

I am looking to join. Anyone wants to get a referral pls PM me with your details.
Per the referral form, looks like I need your name, telephone# and postal code.
It will be more secure if they use a referral code like Tangerine, but appears they only use a "paper" form...

December 6, 2021
7:04 am
Nehpets
Ontario
Members
Forum Posts: 974
sp_UserOnlineSmall Online

Customer service is excellent from my experience, and deposit / withdrawal maximums can be overridden by CSR.

It should be noted that for this promo, the account must be opened and all funds deposited on or before December 17. No deposits after that date according to CSR.

Stephen

December 6, 2021
7:20 am
canadian.100
Members
Forum Posts: 934

What is their usual HISA rate? i.e. after the promo ends March 31?
Presume they will try to sell you mutual funds or such once the promo ends.

December 6, 2021
7:38 am
AR
Members
Forum Posts: 58

Does this offer really require an in branch visit?

And what of:
"7 Day Period Limit:
Total Outgoing in 7 day period - $50,000; Total Incoming in 7 day period - $50,000" found here: https://www.tandia.com/faq ?

December 6, 2021
7:47 am
Nehpets
Ontario
Members

AR said
Does this offer really require an in branch visit?

I set up all my transactions online and in discussion with CSR on the phone. Maximums incoming and outgoing can be overridden by CSR from my experience.

Stephen

December 6, 2021
7:48 am
savemoresaveoften
Members

Nehpets said
Customer service is excellent from my experience, and deposit / withdrawal maximums can be overridden by CSR.

It should be noted that for this promo, the account must be opened and all funds deposited on or before December 17. No deposits after that date according to CSR.

Stephen  

so new acct funds must be deposited before Dec17 ? That is kind of tight for someone opening a new acct.

December 6, 2021
8:10 am
treegray
Members
Forum Posts: 1

So how safe is this.
It's some kind of credit union insurance as opposed to CDIC.
https://www.tandia.com/policies/dirf

December 6, 2021
9:32 am
Loonie
Members
Forum Posts: 9212

Can anyone confirm if "new account" has to mean "new member" or is it literally a new account but possibly an existing member? I'm thinking of DUCA, where promo funds must go into a separate accountf but can be an existing member. Also, julio reported that he had a phone conversation with Tandia about this last week, whihc implies that he was already a member.

Also, it doesn't say all the money has to be deposited by Dec 17, only that the account has to be opened. Is it possible the CSR Stephen spoke to had misunderstood the T&C since it's a brand new offer?

Whatever the answers may be, the wording could use some tweaking.

December 6, 2021
9:37 am
savemoresaveoften
Members

Loonie said
Can anyone confirm if "new account" has to mean "new member" or is it literally a new account but possibly an existing member? I'm thinking of DUCA, where promo funds must go into a separate account but can be an existing member.

Also, it doesn't say all the money has to be deposited by Dec 17, only that the account has to be opened. Is it possible the CSR Stephen spoke to had misunderstood the T&C since it's a brand new offer?

Whatever the answers may be, the wording could use some tightening.  

I go into the terms and conditions AFTER Nehpets mentioned it. It does mention that the fund has to be deposited by Dec 17 to qualify the promo rate.
An interesting promo given it only give u 11 calendar days to act.

December 6, 2021
9:42 am
Loonie
Members

Thanks. I did not notice the T&C page earlier as it is below another topic.

December 6, 2021
9:44 am
Peter
Admin
Forum Posts: 1398

Looks like they have several savings accounts: https://www.tandia.com/personal/product-services/savings-accounts

As per their rates page (https://www.tandia.com/personal/product-services/rates) the regular rate on the "eVest" account is 0.40%. The Smart Savings account has a 0.20% - 0.40% rate, depending on how much you have in the account.

December 6, 2021
9:54 am
mustang
Members
Forum Posts: 205

Anyone else having trouble creating their account on line?
I only get as far as email and password, then they give me an application id-- then I'm stuck on that page-- can't proceed further

December 6, 2021
9:57 am
Loonie
Members

I've read the T&C now.
Maximum is $500,000.
It is available to existing and new members.
The offer is subject to modifcation or withdrawal at any time.
Tiered Interest Savings Account service fees apply ,, whatever they may be.

December 6, 2021
10:12 am
Loonie
Members
December 6, 2021
10:18 am
Nehpets
Ontario
Members

Loonie said
Tiered Interest Savings Account service fees apply, whatever they may be.  

Information on Tiered fees found HERE

Stephen

December 6, 2021
10:31 am
canadian.100
Members
Forum Posts: 934

Nehpets said

Information on Tiered fees found HERE

Stephen  

Heavy on the service fees. Does it mean that every transfer out/withdrawal costs 1.50? If so, the 3% will not end up being 3% after all these service fees - even to withdraw or transfer out. Buyer beware!

December 6, 2021
10:48 am
GR
Members
Forum Posts: 628

The online application form for this HISA is unnecessarily long, even for existing members!

December 6, 2021
11:10 am
Norman1
Members
Forum Posts: 6676

Loonie said

Can anyone confirm if "new account" has to mean "new member" or is it literally a new account but possibly an existing member? I'm thinking of DUCA, where promo funds must go into a separate accountf but can be an existing member. …

The terms and conditions suggest that a special HISA needs to be opened which has the service fees of their Tiered Interest Savings Account:

1. This Promotional Product offer ends on December 17, 2021, at 11:59 p.m. Funds cannot be added to the account after that time.

4. The Promotional Rate of 3.00% interest will be paid on all Eligible Deposits from date of deposit until March 31, 2022.

5. The Promotional Rate is earned during the Promotional Period on Eligible Deposits. The Promotional Rate is offered to a maximum balance of $500,000.

9. Tiered Interest Savings Account service fees apply on this Promotional Product – see our Service Fee Bulletin for details.

Probably not good to link to the special HISA from another financial institution as it will be closed out on April 1:

10. On April 1, 2022, the Promotional Product account balance will be transferred into your primary Tandia savings account (or a Tiered Interest Savings Account will be opened for you) at the rates in effect at that time and the Promotional Product will be closed.

December 6, 2021
11:17 am
Norman1
Members
Forum Posts: 6676

canadian.100 said

Heavy on the service fees. Does it mean that every transfer out/withdrawal costs 1.50? If so, the 3% will not end up being 3% after all these service fees - even to withdraw or transfer out. …

Tiered Interest Savings service fee schedule provides one free debit transaction (a withdrawal, transfer, bill payment, PAD, Interac Debit, Interac Online, or Interac e-Transfer) per month.

No permission to create posts

Please write your comments in the forum.