Tandia Wonderfulrate - new money in new HISA account earn 3% until March 31st 2022 | Page 5 | General comparisons | Discussion forum

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

No permission to create posts
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
Tandia Wonderfulrate - new money in new HISA account earn 3% until March 31st 2022
December 14, 2021
8:27 pm
co
Members
Forum Posts: 71
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

smayer97 said

Yes, as of this afternoon, the offer has been ended due to such high response... I was informed while I was talking with an agent in setting up our accounts (ours was completed). So it seems the offer is over.  

If I already have an account opened though do you know if it's too late to deposit money?

December 14, 2021
9:18 pm
smayer97
Members
Forum Posts: 787

Can't say... not sure if the discontinued offer applies to deposits made by the cutoff today or if opened accounts still retain the promo rate. You'd have to check your account or contact Tandia.

Do report back for others to know.

December 15, 2021
12:13 am
HermanH
Members
Forum Posts: 1164

COIN said

So, they stopped promoting the promotion. No surprise. Nothing out there now offering 3%.  

If 3% is your trigger, you might consider Hubert for 5 years at 3%

https://www.highinterestsavings.ca/forum/hubert-financial/december-15-2021-rate-increases/#p67690

Sigh, I grabbed the 5-yr offer from Wealth1 for 2.88% back in September. sf-cry

December 15, 2021
5:32 am
savemoresaveoften
Members
Forum Posts: 2875

smayer97 said
Can't say... not sure if the discontinued offer applies to deposits made by the cutoff today or if opened accounts still retain the promo rate. You'd have to check your account or contact Tandia.

Do report back for others to know.  

So it only last 1 week.... I hope those who already have account open can still do it till the Dec 17th. They just STOP opening new wonderrate acct as of yesterday ?
I will find out.

December 15, 2021
7:11 am
savemoresaveoften
Members

savemoresaveoften said

So it only last 1 week.... I hope those who already have account open can still do it till the Dec 17th. They just STOP opening new wonderrate acct as of yesterday ?
I will find out.  

I am able to put a bit more money in this morning. Keep in mind I commit via email yesterday mrng that I will transfer over to Tandia once money hits my outside FI today. Give your advisor a call if u already have ur account open and some money in there already. It is probably still doable. Keep in mind my case may also be special case cuz I did "commit verbally" before they pulled the offer I presume.

December 15, 2021
7:48 am
bali
Members
Forum Posts: 12

I think Tandia is still advertising 3% ... https://www.tandia.com/wonderfulrate
I had no difficulties opening 3 Wonderful accounts - me, my wife, joint. I deposited into each using their mobile app check deposit. The only hiccup was their web login was down however the mobile app worked well. Staff were responsive, courteous and efficient.

December 15, 2021
7:53 am
Loonie
Members
Forum Posts: 9245

I appreciate the link; thanks.

December 15, 2021
8:12 am
savemoresaveoften
Members

bali said
I had no difficulties opening 3 Wonderful accounts - me, my wife, joint. I deposited into each using their mobile app check deposit. The only hiccup was their web login was down however the mobile app worked well. Staff were responsive, courteous and efficient.  

You are right, I just go to the site and still sees 3% like you said. So it was just a false alarm then.

For anyone opening a brand new account today, you may run out of time to have everything setup to deposit before Dec17 anyway.

December 15, 2021
11:29 am
HISAhopper
Members
Forum Posts: 186

I checked Tandia site and saw the ad still up as of 10am, so added more fund in using Me2Me and called to move it over to wonderful saving, no issue.
The rep told me to use Me2Me transfer with max 10K. I did that but wonder what would happen in Apr1 when I need to move more than 10K, hope I won't need a money order to move it out.

December 15, 2021
11:42 am
canadian.100
Members
Forum Posts: 943

HISAhopper said
The rep told me to use Me2Me transfer with max 10K. I did that but wonder what would happen in Apr1 when I need to move more than 10K, hope I won't need a money order to move it out.  

Apparently the money gets moved to another Savings Acct on April 1 which pays 0.40%. If Tandia does not permit transfers in/out of Savings for amounts over 10K, perhaps the service rep can do the transfer, but perhaps with a service charge.

December 15, 2021
1:06 pm
HISAhopper
Members

I will have the 2 micro-deposits set up to link Tangerine with the Tandia Tier saving account just in case.
What about a pre-authorized payment initiated at Tang? could it pull more than 50K out of Tandia or max at 50K?
I remember I pulled like 100k before, but it seems there are limits theses days, very confusing...
Wonder if one might be charged an NSF if the pull amount is more than the stated limit.

December 15, 2021
2:34 pm
savemoresaveoften
Members

HISAhopper said
I will have the 2 micro-deposits set up to link Tangerine with the Tandia Tier saving account just in case.
What about a pre-authorized payment initiated at Tang? could it pull more than 50K out of Tandia or max at 50K?
I remember I pulled like 100k before, but it seems there are limits theses days, very confusing...
Wonder if one might be charged an NSF if the pull amount is more than the stated limit.  

I think what others are saying is if the pull is over the limit of the place you are pulling from, the place losing the deposit has a legit right to deny the fund transfer ? Not saying it will happen but it can, and it will be messy.

December 15, 2021
7:05 pm
smayer97
Members
Forum Posts: 787

Just was informed on the CDN Tire thread that THEY now limit pulls...looks like $50K is max per transaction (not per day).

This is both a surprise on 2 counts:
1. that any bank limits a pull, because that is like limiting a chq amount
2. that CT now has a limit where they used to say there was no limit.

So, good to check these matters out before executing large transfers.

December 16, 2021
10:41 am
Loonie
Members

bali said

I'm now getting "The page you are looking for is not available".

January 5, 2022
11:57 am
mustang
Members
Forum Posts: 215

Just fyi, in case anyone else is interested
I got my Dec interested posted to my wonderful savings account on Dec 31-- which brought the balance to over 500K
I was assuming that I should move that interest somewhere else, expecting it to be earning at their lower rate
However, I was just told by csr that, indeed, the interest will also be earning interest at the rate of 3%
Unexpected bonus

January 5, 2022
4:50 pm
Brimleychen
Members
Forum Posts: 258

Just check my year end statement for the new wonderful rate a/c and interests are in. And surprisingly there are 3% for 5 years GIC at the bottom of statement!

January 16, 2022
6:35 am
savemoresaveoften
Members

is Me2Me transfer free for all accounts including the wonderful rate account ? Cant seem to find that info on their site at all. For their savings account fee page, it does not specify if Me2Me is free nor the wonderful rate account...

Just have Me2Me setup so want to test it, obv not at the expense of paying fee 🙂

January 16, 2022
6:40 am
Loonie
Members

I think there is a five dollar fee for any withdrawal from that account, but am not certain.

January 16, 2022
6:46 am
savemoresaveoften
Members

Loonie said
I think there is a five dollar fee for any withdrawal from that account, but am not certain.  

Thanks Loonie. I will confirm with Tandia tomorrow. I think you are right that fees prob apply to that account. $5 is a hefty penalty haha

January 17, 2022
11:08 am
HISAhopper
Members
100sp_Permalink sp_Print

I guess on April 1st, the fund + interest will be transferred to the Tiered savings account which has 1 free debit transaction included
With the Tiered savings account already linked to an external one can transfer a lump sum out with staff-assisted for $1.50.
Hope I read it right.

No permission to create posts

Please write your comments in the forum.