Tangerine - Targeted Offer - 3% for 180 days (Oct 4/18) | Page 3 | Tangerine Bank | Discussion forum

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

No permission to create posts
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
Tangerine - Targeted Offer - 3% for 180 days (Oct 4/18)
October 12, 2018
2:00 pm
Joebart
Members
Forum Posts: 65
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Joebart said
I just called today. No waiting on the line it was quick. First answer was no since I am on 2.5% offer. After my protest and the check on my balances I was informed the e mail was send to the team making those offers and will get the call from them in about 2 days. I will keep you posted..  

Update:
I just received promised call from Tang regarding 3% offer. They pushed GICs first but they gave me and my wife 3% for 180 days on savings which will replace current offer 2.5% but that will not include RSP or TFSA which will get a hit on interest. RSP is not big so I do not care much and I always can move TSFA to HISA even if it is taxable and can move them back in two months if that make sense.. The offer starts in two days...

October 12, 2018
2:47 pm
rfdm4g4g9
Members
Forum Posts: 252

1-888-600-9890 is a legitimate Tangerine Bank telephone number, they call you back from that.

Lot of scams going on these days, so you never know.

October 12, 2018
3:51 pm
Joebart
Members
Forum Posts: 65

rfdm4g4g9 said
1-888-600-9890 is a legitimate Tangerine Bank telephone number, they call you back from that.

Lot of scams going on these days, so you never know.  

I got a call from 416-758-5025 and it is legitimate Tang number for outbound team.. called 1-888-600-9890 and they have confirmed it...

October 13, 2018
12:11 pm
Slybanking
Members
Forum Posts: 108

Finally got the line. Was only offer the 3% 1 year GIC. I am on the 2.5% offer at the moment. I complained and I am suppose to get a call in the next 2 or 3 days. I will let you know what come out of it.

October 16, 2018
3:26 pm
moneyman
Members
Forum Posts: 31

Just got my offer via email which is a first. I haven't been promo probably over the last 8 months so i was surprised. Will work out nicely as I'm in the DUCA 3.25% till dec 3 then I will shift over.

October 16, 2018
4:17 pm
rfdm4g4g9
Members

CIBC also offering 3 % now.

https://www.cibc.com/en/personal-banking/bank-accounts/savings-accounts/eadvantage-savings-account.html

RBC was already offering 3 %.

TD was also offering between 3 % to 3.2 % .

October 16, 2018
5:51 pm
Taxpayer717
Members
Forum Posts: 23

rfdm4g4g9 said

https://www.cibc.com/en/personal-banking/bank-accounts/savings-accounts/eadvantage-savings-account.html

rfdm4g4g9, the above link does not show this 3% interest from CIBC. I did try other links on their site and could not find this rate

October 16, 2018
6:41 pm
semi-retired
Members
Forum Posts: 232

Taxpayer717 said

rfdm4g4g9 said

rfdm4g4g9, the above link does not show this 3% interest from CIBC. I did try other links on their site and could not find this rate

Promo is listed on the page.With a minimum of 5000.00 you get regular rate of 1.05% plus 1.95% bonus.

October 16, 2018
8:12 pm
Loonie
Members
Forum Posts: 9245
sp_UserOnlineSmall Online
October 17, 2018
1:27 pm
Slybanking
Members
Forum Posts: 108

Finally got my call back from Tangerine and was offer 3% for 6 month up to 1million on the saving account.

October 17, 2018
9:41 pm
moneyman
Members
Forum Posts: 31

I know I should do this under another topic but rfdm4g4g9 how (email, call?) did you get notified and when TD was offering 3-3.2% ?

I have their eHiSA for 2 yrs but never get offers

Thanks

October 17, 2018
9:47 pm
Bud
Banned
Forum Posts: 1375

You could call into Tang and ask for 3% they have been offering a 3% 1yr gic to. Higher net worth clients get a "personal" banker at times.

October 18, 2018
7:40 am
savemoresaveoften
Members
Forum Posts: 2875

Given all the big banks are currently running 3% promotion, there are other options than Tangerine.
I wont recommend opening a new account at a big bank that you dont bank with, cuz its a hassle to try to withdraw after promotion ends. But chances are the banks that you already bank with is running a 3% promotion right now.

October 18, 2018
2:26 pm
Taxpayer717
Members
Forum Posts: 23

Loonie said
It's there on the linked CIBC page. Just scroll down.

T&C here: https://www.cibc.com/content/dam/personal_banking/bank_accounts/pdfs/esa-bonus-interest-offer-fall19-en.pdf  

Thanks Loonie and Semi-Retired, with your help I did find what I wanted to see.

October 19, 2018
10:40 am
MG
Members
Forum Posts: 263

As I have a CIBC eAdvantage account now offering 3%, I decided to call Tangerine to see if they would match the offer (currently on 2.5% promo). I could not get through on the regular line due to long wait times so called the 1-888-600-9890 number on Wednesday. Spoke to a lady who said she would take my information and send an email to the marketing department and I should expect a call within 1 or 2 business days. OK fine - I said I will give them until end of day today. Well, they called me this morning (Friday) and matched the 3% rate, starting on Monday of next week for 180 days. The caller asked if I was interested in moving in more money or locking in at all but after I said no, they very nicely agreed to the 3%. Also chatted about possible upcoming B of C rate increases - this person thought higher rates are coming in January! We shall see...
Good luck everyone! sf-smile

November 2, 2018
7:36 am
GreatWhiteNorth
Members
Forum Posts: 40

Simplii 3.15% promo for 4 months ... looks good!
Chances of Tang matching?

November 2, 2018
8:15 am
Bud
Banned
Forum Posts: 1375

GreatWhiteNorth said

No unless it goes higher because tang does exceptions or special requests e.g. raise the cap allowing them to gather more funds. Also i dont think cibc wants to provoke their competitors if it will cost them

November 2, 2018
3:22 pm
rfdm4g4g9
Members

GreatWhiteNorth said
Simplii 3.15% promo for 4 months ... looks good!

3 % is a high as they will go.

The front CSR won't give it, but their special marketing team will call you back after 2-3 days in some cases and give you that rate, if you negotiate hard enough and/or actually move your money.

Lot of games and gimmicks from them, I am sick and tired of them. Bad enough calling their CSR and waiting on hold, now this new tactic of waiting for a call back from their special win back or retention team or whatever they call them.

November 3, 2018
6:52 am
Loonie
Members
Forum Posts: 9245
sp_UserOnlineSmall Online

It sounds like they want to drag out the process, hoping they won't be able to reach you later. We know from previous experience that they are able to make this decision right away. No need to delay.

November 3, 2018
8:51 am
Kidd
Banned
Forum Posts: 840

I can only speculate... (wow, that's a good word, spec u late. 3 syllables) Tangerine may be reaching their hidden monetary goal of, to get "x" amount of readily available cash to cover their "y" amount of bad debt OR maybe they are just screwing with you. As Loonie stated, it does not take days to decide if you get an interest rate.

I will NOT post the name and extension # of the person i deal with at tangerine but I DID post their department 1-888 #.

Someone else here in this forum, might be willing to post the name and extension number of the person they have dealt with.

https://www.highinterestsavings.ca/forum/tangerine-bank/tangerine-are-making-phone-calls-again/

When i eventually spoke to this individual, i was given their contact information, which i kept. Hearing of Tangerine's 3% deal, i put that contact information to use and it took seconds to change my 2.5% offer to 3%.

No permission to create posts

Please write your comments in the forum.