Tangerine - Targeted Offer - 3% for 180 days (Oct 4/18) | Page 2 | Tangerine Bank | Discussion forum

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

No permission to create posts
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
Tangerine - Targeted Offer - 3% for 180 days (Oct 4/18)
October 10, 2018
7:25 am
Top It Up
Members (temp break)
Forum Posts: 1363
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

The way folks jump up and down with glee, on this forum, because they got the magic email Tangerine I always thought the savings account offer rate was locked in for the offer period.

pffft ... hardly impressed with this bank.

October 10, 2018
8:52 am
Bill
Members
Forum Posts: 3922

Spouse and I got same offers, either the 1 year 3% GIC or the 180 days at 3% for savings accounts. I suppose if you want the rate guaranteed you can take the GIC option if you don't need the money in the next year.

October 10, 2018
11:07 am
_Ax
YYZ
Members
Forum Posts: 20

I got the offer too today. They called and confirmed the same…

October 10, 2018
11:30 am
freakonomist
Members
Forum Posts: 15

I just called Tangerine today and CSR could NOT offer me 3% on savings for 180 days, just like Tangerine could not offer me 2.75% on savings from the latest targeted promo offer from a few months ago...

I find that very disappointing as I had a sizable relationship with Tangerine.

It seems that I never get on the "lottery" list for Tangerine targeted promotions, I have never been called from Tangerine promotions department / unit after being with Tangerine for almost 10 years and having a big business relationship. I have only being able to benefit from the usual / major Tangerine promotions available. Hence why I have transferred to DUCA and always looking for best promotion out there...

October 10, 2018
12:06 pm
Bill
Members
Forum Posts: 3922

We didn't get called either. I was still on a promo, wife had been on one that expired a few days earlier so she called in. Initial CSR had no offers for her, said you may or may not get an offer at some point from the offer dept so wife casually said she figured as much and was just checking to see if she could get the 3% she'd heard some other folks were getting before she transferred her money out to another bank from the chequing account where it had all been put about a week previous. CSR said wait, put her through to somebody else who gave her the offers and also said put your husband on (saw the joint accounts, I guess) and I'll give him the same deal. We have savings accounts, a chequing account, and a credit card with them.

October 10, 2018
12:09 pm
toto
Members
Forum Posts: 306

I got the 3 percent for 180 days too, after calling and squeaking.

October 10, 2018
1:02 pm
Righand
Members
Forum Posts: 103

toto said
I got the 3 percent for 180 days too, after calling and squeaking.  

Did you call the 888-600-9890 marketing number or the general 1-800 number ?

Thanks for any help as I'm getting ready to move out as well, there are just too many alternatives available that are superior to the Tang 2.5%sf-surprised

October 10, 2018
1:39 pm
Winnie
Ontario
Members
Forum Posts: 463

freakonomist said
I just called Tangerine today and CSR could NOT offer me 3% on savings for 180 days, just like Tangerine could not offer me 2.75% on savings from the latest targeted promo offer from a few months ago...

I find that very disappointing as I had a sizable relationship with Tangerine.

It seems that I never get on the "lottery" list for Tangerine targeted promotions, I have never been called from Tangerine promotions department / unit after being with Tangerine for almost 10 years and having a big business relationship. I have only being able to benefit from the usual / major Tangerine promotions available. Hence why I have transferred to DUCA and always looking for best promotion out there...  

You are not alone. I also did not received 2.75% and 3% promotions, no phone calls from Tangerine promotions department ever. I was one of the first ING customers - that is about 20 years now with ING and Tangerine.

October 10, 2018
2:47 pm
Slybanking
Members
Forum Posts: 108

My wife and I are still on the 2.5% till November. We did not get any of the 2.75% or 3% offer. I will have to call tomorrow and find out if we can. If not I will have to reassess my relation with Tangerine.

October 10, 2018
4:01 pm
toto
Members

I actually threw a little fit, because I keep way over the insured limit. I was on a 2.5 offer until November 30th.
I did apologize for losing my temper, but they got a manager to call me back, I was offered the Gic , I said no thanks and then they came back with the 3 percent for 180 days.
I was glad to get it as I can't get meridian offer as I'm already a customer and Duca is only for Ontario.
I was going to open a 3 percent account at rbc but now I can just stay at tangerine.

October 11, 2018
6:35 am
Joebart
Members
Forum Posts: 65

I just called today. No waiting on the line it was quick. First answer was no since I am on 2.5% offer. After my protest and the check on my balances I was informed the e mail was send to the team making those offers and will get the call from them in about 2 days. I will keep you posted..

October 11, 2018
7:39 am
Righand
Members
Forum Posts: 103

I really don't understand why some posters put up with Tangerine.sf-frown
I will be calling them as well, but if they hum and haw, I refuse to beg and will simply move on, screw you Tang.
I notice RBC is offering 3% for 6 months, no begging and you don't have to grovel either.sf-cool

October 11, 2018
8:12 am
Joebart
Members
Forum Posts: 65

Righand said
I really don't understand why some posters put up with Tangerine.sf-frown
I will be calling them as well, but if they hum and haw, I refuse to beg and will simply move on, screw you Tang.
I notice RBC is offering 3% for 6 months, no begging and you don't have to grovel either.sf-cool  

There was no groveling involved. sf-wink
If the answer will be NO I will move my money out of tang in a few days.. (it is just a matter of inconvenience)

October 11, 2018
8:52 am
Kidd
Banned
Forum Posts: 840

As i mentioned earlier i this thread, the tangerine phone number that i called was, 1 888 600 9890. If you get a rep offering the 3%, get their name and extension number AND KEEP IT for future use.

If you get a rep unaware of the 3% offer, there is no harm in asking for someone... "a little more knowledgeable."

See Peter, i can be polite. sf-laugh

October 11, 2018
2:09 pm
DavidAlta13
Members
Forum Posts: 92

On Sep 20, Tang was paying me 2.5% 'til Nov 30 on amounts over $35,000 (my Jan 3 bal).
I locked most of my $ in Hubert to Dec 20 @ 2.7% (the 1st of the 4 qtrly rates on a 1-year term). Hubert's 2nd qtrly rate was 2.8%.
If I call Tang now and get the 3%, they'll cap it there, meaning if rates go up once or twice between now & Dec 20, Tang would not give me any increase.
I'll wait and see if Tang ups their offer...

October 11, 2018
2:31 pm
rhvic
Victoria, BC
Members
Forum Posts: 468

No offers from Tang for me, so most of my money from there is going to move to my Ideal savings account at 2.76%.

October 12, 2018
9:04 am
rfdm4g4g9
Members
Forum Posts: 252

Kidd said
My current 2.5% promo was supposed to end on November 30th 2018. I called tangerine this morning and i had the promo offer extended for 6 more months at 3% on the entire balance, not just new money.

I was offered the 1 year gic at 3%. I mentioned meridian offering 3.25% on a 1 year gic, the girl stated that she could NOT match that offer.

Added edit...

the phone number i called is. 1 888 600 9890.  

1 888 600 9890. , good to know the number to call.

October 12, 2018
9:07 am
rfdm4g4g9
Members
Forum Posts: 252

rhvic said
No offers from Tang for me, so most of my money from there is going to move to my Ideal savings account at 2.76%.  

Why not open a RBC esavings account for 3 % for 6 months?

There is a $ 5 withdrawal fee to non-RBC accounts. If you are going to withdraw lot of times then it is not worth it. But if you are going to deposit it and forget about it for 6 months at 3% then it is worth it.

October 12, 2018
10:50 am
toto
Members

Yes I use the marketing number too if I'm getting no where with csr. 1888 600 9890.

October 12, 2018
1:36 pm
rhvic
Victoria, BC
Members
Forum Posts: 468

rfdm4g4g9 said

Why not open a RBC esavings account for 3 % for 6 months?

There is a $ 5 withdrawal fee to non-RBC accounts. If you are going to withdraw lot of times then it is not worth it. But if you are going to deposit it and forget about it for 6 months at 3% then it is worth it.  

I already have an RBC esavings account, so that is not an option for me as I think it needs to be new to get the 3% rate. Besides, RBC's usual rate is so low that I am always transferring out from it to better rate accounts.

No permission to create posts

Please write your comments in the forum.