2022 T5 | Page 8 | Income tax filing | Discussion forum

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
April 19, 2023
6:21 pm
SaverJunior
Toronto
Members
Forum Posts: 51
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
141sp_Permalink sp_Print

I have a T5 from some other FI with box 27 filled in as CAD. That slip showed up alright on CRA.

April 19, 2023
8:03 pm
mustang
Members
Forum Posts: 217
142sp_Permalink sp_Print

I had another T5 from TD WATERHOUSE just show up on CRA site
Still missing a couple from NBIB
Methinks that CRA works in strange and wondrous ways, as to when slips get posted.

April 19, 2023
11:43 pm
cgouimet
Members
Forum Posts: 1474
143sp_Permalink sp_Print

mustang said
I had another T5 from TD WATERHOUSE just show up on CRA site
Still missing a couple from NBIB
Methinks that CRA works in strange and wondrous ways, as to when slips get posted.  

Not because they work from home ... :):):):)

CGO
April 20, 2023
4:28 am
savemoresaveoften
Members
Forum Posts: 2885

Norman1 said
CRA could be choking on the Hubert T5 slips for some reason.

Box 27 (Foreign currency) is supposed to be blank for Canadian dollar slips. Hubert filled in the box with "CAD" on my slip!  

Maybe we will get lucky and they won’t ever reach CRA or posted.
Just don’t call CRA and ‘remind’ them, oh but then prob no one will pick up the phone

Obv still file based on what you receive, but they will adjust it for slips they don’t have.

April 20, 2023
5:20 am
cgouimet
Members
145sp_Permalink sp_Print

savemoresaveoften said

Maybe we will get lucky and they won’t ever reach CRA or posted.
Just don’t call CRA and ‘remind’ them, oh but then prob no one will pick up the phone

Obv still file based on what you receive, but they will adjust it for slips they don’t have.  

Any T5 that "registers" at the CRA after you file will result in the CRA adjusting your return and you will be advised of the change to your balance owing. It has happened to me twice before ...

CGO
April 20, 2023
6:01 am
COIN
Members
Forum Posts: 1109
146sp_Permalink sp_Print

I called the CRA a day before they went on strike.

Me: I inadvertently double counted my interest income from XYZ for 2021.

CRA Agent: No problem. Just log in to your My Account and request a T1 adjustment or file a Form T1-ADJ.

(This works as long as it is for 2012 and later years.)

April 22, 2023
10:18 am
HermanH
Members
Forum Posts: 1169

Was looking for my Tang T5 and couldn't find it, even though another household member received theirs, months earlier. I called and got the details. I also learned that my delivery method had been changed from paper to electronic, most likely due to GIC purchases I made via CSR, last July. The CSR told me that purchases often re-set the delivery settings and that was the reason my T5 did not arrive by mail. Obviously, Tang knows about this glitch. Hopefully, they fix it, sometime soon. Just a word of warning to those who still want their paper T5 statements from Tang.

April 22, 2023
10:32 am
cgouimet
Members
148sp_Permalink sp_Print

HermanH said
Was looking for my Tang T5 and couldn't find it, even though another household member received theirs, months earlier. I called and got the details. I also learned that my delivery method had been changed from paper to electronic, most likely due to GIC purchases I made via CSR, last July. The CSR told me that purchases often re-set the delivery settings and that was the reason my T5 did not arrive by mail. Obviously, Tang knows about this glitch. Hopefully, they fix it, sometime soon. Just a word of warning to those who still want their paper T5 statements from Tang.  

You can't get them at http://www.tangerine.ca and then print them yourself? Alternatively, if you have a CRA "MyAccount" you can select an individual T-Slip and print it if you need it.

CGO
April 22, 2023
10:35 am
HermanH
Members

I do not use electronic means (beyond landline phone) for access to either Tangerine or CRA accounts.

April 22, 2023
10:41 am
cgouimet
Members
150sp_Permalink sp_Print

HermanH said
I do not use electronic means (beyond landline phone) for access to either Tangerine or CRA accounts.  

Wow. For the last 20 years online access has been my first requirement for any FI. So much easier for opening accounts, moving money around and purchase GIC's anytime I want.

CGO
April 22, 2023
1:54 pm
savemoresaveoften
Members
151sp_Permalink sp_Print

HermanH said

Reason ??

April 22, 2023
5:17 pm
COIN
Members
152sp_Permalink sp_Print

savemoresaveoften said

Reason ??  

Fear of machines.

April 22, 2023
9:35 pm
RetirEd
Members
Forum Posts: 1019
153sp_Permalink sp_Print

Don't supply anyone with an E-mail address and they won't try to slam you into online banking.
RetirEd

RetirEd

April 23, 2023
5:35 am
savemoresaveoften
Members
154sp_Permalink sp_Print

COIN said

Fear of machines.  

T-101 or T800...

These days, it does not even come in liquid metal physical form, its an AI that lives in the cloud 🙂

April 23, 2023
9:56 am
HermanH
Members
155sp_Permalink sp_Print

savemoresaveoften said T-101 or T800...

These days, it does not even come in liquid metal physical form, its an AI that lives in the cloud 🙂  

For a Terminator movie plot, that might be all that bad; compared to the trashy/silly plots of the last couple of offerings in that franchise. Skynet sends itself back in time via a USB stick. Someone finds it and sticks it into a computer and Voila. Skynet is born and can take over any electronic device. Watch the protagonist fight off virtually anything that runs on electric current. Think Arnold has one more movie in him? sf-wink

April 23, 2023
12:28 pm
cgouimet
Members
156sp_Permalink sp_Print

HermanH said
For a Terminator movie plot, that might be all that bad; compared to the trashy/silly plots of the last couple of offerings in that franchise. Skynet sends itself back in time via a USB stick. Someone finds it and sticks it into a computer and Voila. Skynet is born and can take over any electronic device. Watch the protagonist fight off virtually anything that runs on electric current. Think Arnold has one more movie in him? sf-wink  

Fubar May 25 on NetFlix https://www.imdb.com/title/tt13064902/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1 ...

CGO
April 25, 2023
5:33 am
cgouimet
Members
157sp_Permalink sp_Print

COIN said

Fear of machines.  

Yet, here we are communicating on those feared machines ...

CGO
April 26, 2023
11:10 am
COIN
Members
158sp_Permalink sp_Print

HermanH said
I also learned that my delivery method had been changed from paper to electronic,

More and more institutions are no longer sending out paper T5's.

I'm relying more and more on the CRA "My Account" to get my T5 info. This is a lot easier than logging in to 10, 20, 30, 50 individual institutions to obtain the same info.

BTW: How are you folks filing your tax return with the CRA ongoing strike?

April 27, 2023
8:26 am
AltaRed
BC Interior
Members
Forum Posts: 2899

Netfile your return, have electronic communications set up with MyAccount for receipt of NOAs, and direct deposit information on file with CRA (if expecting a refund). The entire process is computer processed untouched by human hands. CRA has been saying for a week now that Efiling and Netfiling are uninterrupted.

Added: It may take a month long strike like this to get more folks automated faster. As of April 17th, https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/corporate/about-canada-revenue-agency-cra/individual-income-tax-return-statistics.html the numbers are trending that way. As of that date, only 5.8% of returns were paper filed and only 18% were receiving refunds by cheque. Perhaps next year at this time, those numbers will be halved.

April 27, 2023
9:05 am
cgouimet
Members
160sp_Permalink sp_Print

AltaRed said Netfile your return, have electronic communications set up with MyAccount for receipt of NOAs, and direct deposit information on file with CRA (if expecting a refund). The entire process is computer processed untouched by human hands. CRA has been saying for a week now that Efiling and Netfiling are uninterrupted 

Yep. NetFiled ours Apr 13. Our Auto-Deposit Refunds arrived Apr 24.

CGO

Please write your comments in the forum.