HSBC High Interest Savings Bonus Rate of up to 6.35% till January 12, 2024 | Page 6 | HSBC | Discussion forum

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
HSBC High Interest Savings Bonus Rate of up to 6.35% till January 12, 2024
November 9, 2023
5:01 am
savemoresaveoften
Members
Forum Posts: 2896
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
101sp_Permalink sp_Print

InterestThis said
The first deposits might go through, but if the numbers are incorrect the later transfer won't.
Acct: 9 digits, no hyphen
Transit: 5 digits
Inst: 3 digits  

yeah I will keep trying and will get rich from all the micro deposits they sent lol

Per the HSBC void cheque, the acc# is indeed 9 digits. So i am perplexed why in my case 12 digit AC# micro deposits were at least successful while the 9 digits did not even get thru with the micro deposit. Does not make sense at all.

November 9, 2023
5:04 am
kesa
Members
Forum Posts: 203
102sp_Permalink sp_Print

savemoresaveoften said

yeah I will keep trying and will get rich from all the micro deposits they sent lol

lol

November 9, 2023
8:44 am
jorno319
Members
Forum Posts: 17
103sp_Permalink sp_Print

For those of you who recently opened this account as a new client with HSBC as an online application, did you have to use the HSBC EasyID (photo of ID and selfie) or was there an alternate method for identity verification that did not require a trip to a branch?

Thank you.

November 9, 2023
9:03 am
Norman1
Members
Forum Posts: 6798

savemoresaveoften said

Per the HSBC void cheque, the acc# is indeed 9 digits. So i am perplexed why in my case 12 digit AC# micro deposits were at least successful while the 9 digits did not even get thru with the micro deposit. Does not make sense at all.

The account number from the HSBC-generated void cheque should work.

Could there be a significant mismatch in the owner name on the HSBC and Tangerine accounts? Most banks don't seem to check the names. But, HSBC might.

If they are rejected somewhere, the microdeposits would be returned to Tangerine with a rejection reason.

November 9, 2023
12:06 pm
HermanH
Members
Forum Posts: 1175
105sp_Permalink sp_Print

Norman1 said
Could there be a significant mismatch in the owner name on the HSBC and Tangerine accounts? Most banks don't seem to check the names. But, HSBC might.

HSBC insists on using my middle name on the account. A mis-match is a distinct possibility. I have had to explain the discrepancy to other banks, who only use my first and last name.

November 9, 2023
1:11 pm
savemoresaveoften
Members
106sp_Permalink sp_Print

Norman1 said

savemoresaveoften said

The account number from the HSBC-generated void cheque should work.

If they are rejected somewhere, the microdeposits would be returned to Tangerine with a rejection reason.  

timeline as follow:
1st attempt 12 digit AC#, micro deposits recd successfully, link complete per Tangerine. real transfer failed. Called in and they said some info wrong the reason
2nd attempt 12 digit AC# (this is done by the rep i talked to first time), again 2 micro deposits went thru successfully and i verified the link. Again real transfer failed and they dont know why...
3nd attempt 9 digit AC# per forum advice here, 2 micro deposits failed
4th attempt, 9 digit AC# same as 3rd time, and also matches void check just like 3rd attempt, will see...
If anything I was NOT able to even send anything using my main link I had setup for years. Their technical dept had to fix 'something'. The rep's initial garbish response was some info missing. I am like 'This was setup moons again and I have done 100s of transactions using exact same link'. Escalate to manager level and resolve after 2 days...

I also had Meridian linked briefly and that went fine without issue. That was my third link. Delete that and replace with HSBC, thats enuf to break their system. I am pretty sure its somewhere in their system that since this is the third slot allowed in the link, the removal of Meridian and subsequent adding HSBC somehow broke something, bad enuf to even afftect my links set up for years. Of course anyone I talked to is too dumb to even think that way and just focus on the obviously wrong area like bad info, blah blah.

November 9, 2023
3:01 pm
Norman1
Members
107sp_Permalink sp_Print

savemoresaveoften said

timeline as follow:
1st attempt 12 digit AC#, micro deposits recd successfully, link complete per Tangerine. real transfer failed. Called in and they said some info wrong the reason
2nd attempt 12 digit AC# (this is done by the rep i talked to first time), again 2 micro deposits went thru successfully and i verified the link. Again real transfer failed and they dont know why...

That's normal with linking to HSBC accounts with the wrong info. Another person reported the same experience in Why from Tangerine can't transfer to new linked bank account?.

My guess is that HSBC is willing to take the liability for direct depositing 15¢ or 32¢ into potentially the wrong account. But, not for direct depositing $1,500 or $32,000 incorrectly.

November 9, 2023
4:03 pm
savemoresaveoften
Members
108sp_Permalink sp_Print

Norman1 said

savemoresaveoften said

timeline as follow:

That's normal with linking to HSBC accounts with the wrong info. Another person reported the same experience in Why from Tangerine can't transfer to new linked bank account?.

My guess is that HSBC is willing to take the liability for direct depositing 15¢ or 32¢ into potentially the wrong account. But, not for direct depositing $1,500 or $32,000 incorrectly.  

interesting. after reading the other thread u quoted, maybe I need to include the hyphen, and their system will self correct to delete the hyphen AND somehow make it proper. i did not include the hyphen even tho its not needed and their system dont like it...

November 9, 2023
6:07 pm
InterestThis
Members
Forum Posts: 279
109sp_Permalink sp_Print

One thing I can say, HSBC customer service is useless as its overseas and don't have any clue how it works.
But Tang to HSBC does work using the correct numbers, as shown in this thread.

November 9, 2023
9:38 pm
Norman1
Members
110sp_Permalink sp_Print

According to the HSBC Canada Direct Deposit and Automatic Payments form, a dash is part of the account number:

HSBC.PNG

I'd supply the dash if it can be entered.

November 10, 2023
4:48 am
savemoresaveoften
Members
111sp_Permalink sp_Print

guess what, I just tried again and Tangerine account link page does not accept '-' and says 'numbers only for the account#'...

this is becoming a annoying but at the same time amusement for me ! i will keep trying ! just got another 2 micro deposits hit my account but thats after i abort the link attempt lol

November 10, 2023
4:50 am
The Rock
Members
Forum Posts: 101
112sp_Permalink sp_Print

Norman1 said

savemoresaveoften said

This is why it would be wise to do a small transfer of a few cents to make sure it works before transferring a larger amount.

November 10, 2023
3:47 pm
Norman1
Members

savemoresaveoften said

this is becoming a annoying but at the same time amusement for me ! i will keep trying ! just got another 2 micro deposits hit my account but thats after i abort the link attempt lol

That the microdeposits, for the nine-digit account number, arrived in the HSBC account is a good sign! Yes, it's unfortunate that the linking attempt was aborted from the Tangerine side before they were posted by HSBC.

November 11, 2023
10:18 am
kesa
Members
114sp_Permalink sp_Print

Norman1 said

savemoresaveoften said

That the microdeposits, for the nine-digit account number, arrived in the HSBC account is a good sign! Yes, it's unfortunate that the linking attempt was aborted from the Tangerine side before they were posted by HSBC.  

multiple attempts by me to external account link eq/hsbc, different process with flinks, but browser attempts failed and app attempt finally worked. might want to try linking tang/hsbc via the app?

November 11, 2023
10:43 am
Norman1
Members

The microdeposits did eventually arrive in the HSBC account. I think savemoresaveoften has the needed info now to establish a link at Tangerine to the HSBC account.

Unfortunately, savemoresaveoften aborted the process from the Tangerine side to initiate a new attempt using the nine-digit HSBC account number including the dash. Tangerine refused the HSBC account number with the dash.

Then, the microdeposits from the aborted attempt (using the nine-digit HSBC account number without the dash) showed up in the HSBC account!

The HSBC direct deposit/automatic payment form decodes the info needed:

Online Banking

Your accounts are listed under "My accounts". Each account number is formatted as XXX‑YYYYYY‑ZZZ, where 10XXX is the transit number and YYYYYY-ZZZ is the account number.

November 11, 2023
6:29 pm
savemoresaveoften
Members
116sp_Permalink sp_Print

Norman1 said
The microdeposits did eventually arrive in the HSBC account. I think savemoresaveoften has the needed info now to establish a link at Tangerine to the HSBC account.

Unfortunately, savemoresaveoften aborted the process from the Tangerine side to initiate a new attempt using the nine-digit HSBC account number including the dash. Tangerine refused the HSBC account number with the dash.

Then, the microdeposits from the aborted attempt (using the nine-digit HSBC account number without the dash) showed up in the HSBC account!

The HSBC direct deposit/automatic payment form decodes the info needed:

Online Banking

Your accounts are listed under "My accounts". Each account number is formatted as XXX‑YYYYYY‑ZZZ, where 10XXX is the transit number and YYYYYY-ZZZ is the account number.

Not true entirely. For the first time I used 9 digits, 2 micro deposits did not even go thru. Only the second time I tried it that it went thru, but that’s after I abort after reading need ‘-‘. Then I tried new link with ‘-‘ and tangerine won’t accept ‘-‘ as part of account number up front.

November 12, 2023
5:30 pm
kesa
Members
117sp_Permalink sp_Print

Screenshot-2023-11-12-at-8.28.29 PM.png

odd that they need to push this

November 12, 2023
7:05 pm
InterestThis
Members
Forum Posts: 279
118sp_Permalink sp_Print

Too many promos out there right now over 6%.

November 15, 2023
6:31 am
savemoresaveoften
Members
119sp_Permalink sp_Print

savemoresaveoften said

Not true entirely. For the first time I used 9 digits, 2 micro deposits did not even go thru. Only the second time I tried it that it went thru, but that’s after I abort after reading need ‘-‘. Then I tried new link with ‘-‘ and tangerine won’t accept ‘-‘ as part of account number up front.  

Just to give an update to this annoying yet fun endeavour, 4th set of micro deposits hit the account (used 9 digits). I verified and Tangerine says successfully linked (just like last few times). Doing a "real" $5 transfer and will see what happens.

The 4 sets of micro deposits totalled $1.20 lol

December 12, 2023
7:41 am
Lodown
Members
Forum Posts: 204
120sp_Permalink sp_Print

Has anyone who received their Interest for this promo confirm:

a. on what days of the month Interest deposits were made; and

b. that the total interest adds up to 6.35%

Please write your comments in the forum.