HSBC High Interest Savings Bonus Rate of up to 6.35% till January 12, 2024 | Page 5 | HSBC | Discussion forum

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
HSBC High Interest Savings Bonus Rate of up to 6.35% till January 12, 2024
November 8, 2023
5:06 am
savemoresaveoften
Members
Forum Posts: 2896
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

For those of you who linked Tangerine to HSBC, think you guys mentioned u use 9 digit AC# instead of 12. However when I only specify 9 digits and ignore the first 3 digits which is the transit#, Tangerine failed to link.

The first 2 times I used 12 digits and even tho micro deposits sent thru successfully, I was unable to do an actual transfer of my own money, with Tangerine claiming the HSBC account# is wrong (even tho the micro deposits went thru)

Did Tangerine purposely make it difficult knowing the HSBC 6.35% promo.....
argh

November 8, 2023
6:03 am
The Rock
Members
Forum Posts: 101

savemoresaveoften said
For those of you who linked Tangerine to HSBC, think you guys mentioned u use 9 digit AC# instead of 12. However when I only specify 9 digits and ignore the first 3 digits which is the transit#, Tangerine failed to link.

The first 2 times I used 12 digits and even tho micro deposits sent thru successfully, I was unable to do an actual transfer of my own money, with Tangerine claiming the HSBC account# is wrong (even tho the micro deposits went thru)

argh  

The transit number is actually 4 digits. Did you use the 4 digit transit and the 9 digit account number?

November 8, 2023
6:39 am
savemoresaveoften
Members

The Rock said

The transit number is actually 4 digits. Did you use the 4 digit transit and the 9 digit account number?  

my transit is 5 digits: 10432 and first 3 digits of my AC# 432 which I excluded and use remaining 9 digits for AC#.
FI# 016

November 8, 2023
7:26 am
The Rock
Members

savemoresaveoften said

my transit is 5 digits: 10432 and first 3 digits of my AC# 432 which I excluded and use remaining 9 digits for AC#.
FI# 016  

Yes, 5 digits, sorry. Not sure why it didn't work. If you're having trouble with the EFT just do a check e-deposit using the HSBC mobile app.

November 8, 2023
7:52 am
InterestThis
Members
Forum Posts: 279

To link to Tangerine, be sure to use the numbers from the HSBC void blank cheque.
https://www.highinterestsavings.ca/forum/hsbc/hrsa-new-deposit-promo-tier1-4-25-tier2-4-75/page-6/#p80186

November 8, 2023
7:53 am
InterestThis
Members

The Rock said

I tried to pull $100k today. Waiting to see if it goes through.  

Did it work properly?

November 8, 2023
8:07 am
The Rock
Members

InterestThis said

Did it work properly?  

Yes it did. I then pulled $200k the next day and that also worked. Not sure if there's a limit or what the limit is, but we now know it's at least $200k per transfer and that should be enough for almost everyone.

November 8, 2023
9:11 am
InterestThis
Members

Thanks for the update. Yes these are secure, as the bank keeps a 5-day hold on them.
There does not seem to be any limit on this in theory, just as there is no limit to a cheque.

November 8, 2023
12:21 pm
Lodown
Members
Forum Posts: 204

Is there a DAILY maximum one can push from Tangerine to HSBC?

November 8, 2023
1:09 pm
savemoresaveoften
Members

InterestThis said
To link to Tangerine, be sure to use the numbers from the HSBC void blank cheque.
https://www.highinterestsavings.ca/forum/hsbc/hrsa-new-deposit-promo-tier1-4-25-tier2-4-75/page-6/#p80186  

I am trying that one more time but that is exactly what i specified and Tangerine claim HSBC rejects the 2 micro deposits....argh

November 8, 2023
1:10 pm
savemoresaveoften
Members

The Rock said

Yes, 5 digits, sorry. Not sure why it didn't work. If you're having trouble with the EFT just do a check e-deposit using the HSBC mobile app.  

I need the link so that i can transfer it out from hsbc when promo expires in Jan.
Only have savings account at HSBC cuz checking account req min. balance to be free.

November 8, 2023
2:18 pm
mustang
Members
Forum Posts: 217

My Perfmorance (checking) account at HSBC is free
(But, then-- I'm really old)

November 8, 2023
5:13 pm
HermanH
Members
Forum Posts: 1175

Lodown said
Is there a DAILY maximum one can push from Tangerine to HSBC?  

I haven't hit one. Of course, you need to call Tang CSR to request large amounts.

November 8, 2023
6:44 pm
Norman1
Members
Forum Posts: 6800

The Tangerine chatbot says $25,000 per day via online self-serve:

Chatbot
The most you can transfer online from your Tangerine Account to your linked external account is $25,000 per day.

For a higher amount, please contact us.

November 8, 2023
7:39 pm
Lodown
Members
Forum Posts: 204

Thanks for the info. In this age of electronic finance, why force a call to a CSR for over $25k ...especially when they are so understaffed making for excessive wait times. No call needed to a CSR to move any amount IN, it appears. IMO it is nothing but a ploy to keep investors money in their coffers longer by putting in a 'pain' factor to moving money out.

November 8, 2023
11:15 pm
HermanH
Members
Forum Posts: 1175

I like the additional security, but think that if Tang is demanding the increased security, they should properly staff the phone lines. Otherwise, I would prefer to have unlimited amounts and not waste hours on hold.

November 9, 2023
3:06 am
kesa
Members
Forum Posts: 203

savemoresaveoften said

argh  

When I see the HSBC linked account on Tang, the account number does not contain a hyphen eg 123456789 whereas the void cheque pdf does contain a hyphen eg 123456-789. I can’t recall if I used a hyphen entering the account number. So it might be that?

November 9, 2023
3:54 am
The Rock
Members

savemoresaveoften said

I am trying that one more time but that is exactly what i specified and Tangerine claim HSBC rejects the 2 micro deposits....argh  

If it doesn't work maybe it would be worth setting up the checking account just to transfer the money out and cancel after one month. What's the monthly fee?

November 9, 2023
4:30 am
savemoresaveoften
Members

kesa said

When I see the HSBC linked account on Tang, the account number does not contain a hyphen eg 123456789 whereas the void cheque pdf does contain a hyphen eg 123456-789. I can’t recall if I used a hyphen entering the account number. So it might be that?  

Did not put in hyphen.

The first 2 successful link were based on 12digit acct# and micro deposits went thru fine. It’s only when I tried to a real transfer when they deleted it claiming wrong acct info. Third attempt with 9 digits and micro deposits won’t go thru.

Now I have 4 micro deposits sitting in the HSBC but no link to Tangerine. Tangerine can’t explain to me either why micro deposits went thru but a real transfer does not (may be they just make difficult to deter me??)

Yes I used to have a hsbc checking acct as well and kept $3500 there to waive fee. But with rates now at 5% instead of 0%, that’s giving away more than $10 a month and not worth it any more for the hsbc promo that comes out maybe once a year.

November 9, 2023
4:43 am
InterestThis
Members
100sp_Permalink sp_Print

The first deposits might go through, but if the numbers are incorrect the later transfer won't.
Acct: 9 digits, no hyphen
Transit: 5 digits
Inst: 3 digits

Please write your comments in the forum.