Targeted offer - new money 1.6% till March 31, 2022 | Page 2 | Tangerine Bank | Discussion forum

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

No permission to create posts
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
Targeted offer - new money 1.6% till March 31, 2022
November 6, 2021
8:21 am
Loonie
Members
Forum Posts: 9213
sp_UserOnlineSmall Online

To move money out of Park account to another FI, you must first move it over to non-Park account.

November 6, 2021
8:29 am
Bill
Members
Forum Posts: 3890
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

For some months now, at the top in Insights every time I sign in, it tells me they don't have a valid email address for me. So I go in and update it (they show me the one they already have, it's the right one, but anyway I just put in the same one again) and it always tells me "Done", good to go. But I never get emails from them re offers, etc, I'm wondering if that's a possible reason - ?

November 6, 2021
9:47 am
cgouimet
Members
Forum Posts: 1448

1. You might want to check that email address to make sure there's no space at the end.

2. I think offers will also appear in your Insights.

CGO
November 6, 2021
11:22 am
Kidd
Banned
Forum Posts: 840

Cgouimet is correct (post23). Any offer emailed out to you, will also appear in your "insights".

Bill you and i have been "profiled" we're not worthy. If i ran a business and i declined certain individuals based on my targeting criteria, I'd be put out of business. The hypocrisy in canada is unbelievable, if only we had a government that worked for the people.

November 6, 2021
11:36 am
davidgeorge
Members
Forum Posts: 289

Loonie said
To move money out of Park account to another FI, you must first move it over to non-Park account.  

Thanks. I am wondering if I request the transfer, will DUCA reject it? If DUCA rejects the transfer, will Tangerine charge me any fee? The linked park account must have been working in the past, i.e. received two micro-deposites to be linked. I probably have to delete the park account and link the DUCA savings account to pull the fund. What a hassle.

Capture.JPG

November 6, 2021
12:12 pm
Loonie
Members
Forum Posts: 9213
sp_UserOnlineSmall Online

I don't know how Tang managed to transfer in a few cents but I can't imagine being able to transfer out from Park. DUCA's system wouldn't let me do it anyway, but i was able to from savings. It also wouldn't let me transfer out from savings immediately after transferring from Park to savings; I had to wait several hours; in the interim I got a message saying there was insufficient funds for the transfer out even though the transactions clearly showed the funds were in savings. It's a cumbersome system.

November 6, 2021
12:22 pm
canadian.100
Members
Forum Posts: 935

Loonie said
I don't know how Tang managed to transfer in a few cents but I can't imagine being able to transfer out from Park. DUCA's system wouldn't let me do it anyway, but i was able to from savings. It also wouldn't let me transfer out from savings immediately after transferring from Park to savings; I had to wait several hours; in the interim I got a message saying there was insufficient funds for the transfer out even though the transactions clearly showed the funds were in savings. It's a cumbersome system.  

I had the same experience - DUCA has a very cumbersome system. Maybe now you can understand why most Canadians still prefer to deal with the big banks. DUCA will never be my main FI - unless they clean up the amateur stuff. This is 2021!

November 6, 2021
12:26 pm
cgouimet
Members

I did have $ at DUCA for a while but found their process problematic for me. I believe it still works the same way.

The higher interest is on the "Park" account. As a customer I can only transfer in/out of the "Feel Free" and "Earn More" accounts. I can move $ to/from "Feel Free" or "Earn More" to other institutions myself online but I have to call DUCA during business hours on business days to move in/out of the "Park".

I don't use their accounts anymore for that reason. The occasional short term interest premium isn't worth that constraint.

CGO
November 6, 2021
12:44 pm
smayer97
Members
Forum Posts: 768

davidgeorge said

Thanks. I am wondering if I request the transfer, will DUCA reject it? If DUCA rejects the transfer, will Tangerine charge me any fee? The linked park account must have been working in the past, i.e. received two micro-deposites to be linked. I probably have to delete the park account and link the DUCA savings account to pull the fund. What a hassle.

Capture.JPG  

There was a time where it was possible to move money directly in and out of the Park account BUT since Oct 2020, they put a stop to that.

You can only move money INTO the Park account via an agent and a phone call. BUT you can move money out online. The requirement is that you have to move it to one of their other non-Park accounts, then you can transfer in/out from that account. So yes, you have to link to whichever other non-Park account you have a DUCA to perform in/out transfers with DUCA.

November 6, 2021
12:49 pm
Bill
Members
Forum Posts: 3890

cgouimet, thanks but nothing in my Insights either. Re-did email update, made sure to have no space at end (pretty sure never was one).

Kidd, same boat, last offer I got ended last November, nothing since. At least I continue to receive juicy dividends from my BNS shares, Tangerine's parent, so I guess the less interest they pay everyone results in my benefit another way, is the way I look at it.

November 6, 2021
2:14 pm
cgouimet
Members

Bill said
cgouimet, thanks but nothing in my Insights either. Re-did email update, made sure to have no space at end (pretty sure never was one).

Kidd, same boat, last offer I got ended last November, nothing since. At least I continue to receive juicy dividends from my BNS shares, Tangerine's parent, so I guess the less interest they pay everyone results in my benefit another way, is the way I look at it.  

Like me, you're not in their sight at this time ...

CGO
November 6, 2021
2:38 pm
implode
Members
Forum Posts: 167

No offer for me when I logged in. I finally decided to enable email notifications too for promotions. Maybe I'll get something in the future.

November 6, 2021
4:31 pm
COIN
Members
Forum Posts: 1106

Re: DUCA

Try this. Transfer from PARK to your CHEQUING and then write a cheque and deposit to Tang.

November 6, 2021
5:37 pm
cgouimet
Members

COIN said
Re: DUCA

Try this. Transfer from PARK to your CHEQUING and then write a cheque and deposit to Tang.  

Write a what?

Lol...

CGO
November 23, 2021
6:42 pm
cdnsaver
Members
Forum Posts: 3

cgouimet said

Write a what?

Lol...  

This is how I did it:
1. Linked my Duca Account to Tangerine as an External Account. The account # provided by Duca to link my account was for the "Daylight no Fees Savings Account".
2. Transferred funds from Duca "Earn More Park Account" to Duca "Daylight no Fees Savings Account"
3. Requested the full balance transfer through Tangerine Savings Account and had no issues.

December 11, 2021
8:08 am
potofgold
Members
Forum Posts: 4

I received a great 2.00% offer from Tangerine for my savings account, plus TFSA, RSP and U.S. Dollar savings accounts. This is for targeted clients, good until April 30, 2022. I am taking advantage of this. I received the offer on December 7, 2021 in my email.

December 11, 2021
2:08 pm
suburbs4life
Members
Forum Posts: 159

I received this promo 2% offer on dec 8th as well. Surprisingly my wife received the exact same offer one week prior to me. Clearly I was an afterthought to tangerine but happy to get an offer.

I am not sure if I will activate it as my cash on hand isn’t high and as such not really worth the difference. I suspect there will be higher rates being offered in the early new year associated with BoC rates increasing in April. I am assuming if I accept this I won’t get a follow up, likely better offer when it expires. Are people holding off? I currently have the simplii offer that ends feb 28th2022.

December 11, 2021
5:17 pm
HermanH
Members
Forum Posts: 1140

suburbs4life said
I am not sure if I will activate it as my cash on hand isn’t high and as such not really worth the difference. I suspect there will be higher rates being offered in the early new year associated with BoC rates increasing in April. I am assuming if I accept this I won’t get a follow up, likely better offer when it expires.

I think that you are right to decline the offer if you cannot use it. In my experience, you will not get another (possibly better) offer if you already have one running. However, you might get another offer that starts before your previous offer expires. IIRC, there are lots of good offers that begin at the start of the year.

December 11, 2021
5:41 pm
Alexandre
Members
Forum Posts: 1058

Are people holding off?

I always activate offers, even those I am not going to use right away. A lot could change between now and end of April.
Also, I never got an overlapping offer from Tangerine.

December 12, 2021
12:02 pm
suburbs4life
Members
Forum Posts: 159

Thanks for your thoughts Herman and Alexandre.

I have a joint account with my wife. Who gets the T5 and pays tax on it? Can it be the lower income earner?

I just did a quick google search and apparently it’s taxed proportionately… based on who provided the funds. oh well. I answered my own question.

No permission to create posts

Please write your comments in the forum.