Targeted offer - new money 1.6% till March 31, 2022 | Tangerine Bank | Discussion forum

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

No permission to create posts
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
Targeted offer - new money 1.6% till March 31, 2022
November 4, 2021
8:45 am
hwyc
GTA
Members
Forum Posts: 1167
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

*Targeted* offer - new money 1.6% till March 31, 2022

If you are currently not on anything, then I suppose you would have a chance at this.

November 4, 2021
12:53 pm
dougjp
Members
Forum Posts: 575

hwyc said
*Targeted* offer - new money 1.6% till March 31, 2022

If you are currently not on anything, then I suppose you would have a chance at this.  

Thanks for the heads up sf-laugh Got a shock after logging in, and finding this offer, after 2+ years of nothing.

The main accomplishment of almost all organized protests is to
annoy people who are not in them.

November 4, 2021
1:11 pm
Alexandre
Members
Forum Posts: 1107

No offer for me. Just checked.

Still, it is good news. Finally interest rates started to move in the right direction.

Thanks for sharing.

November 4, 2021
2:29 pm
Kidd
Banned
Forum Posts: 840

Here we go… again. I’d take 1.6%, so I called tangerine.

Firstly, I was told that I had to transfer money into my saving account before I would be offered a rate. I corrected the service rep, “NO. First you make me a good offer and then you’ll get my money.”
“But you have no money in your account?”
“Yes because you’re paying 0%. I can get 0% anywhere. Please transfer me to someone who has worked at tangerine bank for more than a day.”

I was given a “manager,” he offered me 1%. I informed him that I was aware of a 1.6% offer. “Oh, that’s for targeted clients.” I replied, “That’s okay. You can target me.” He was at a loss for words, so I asked to be transferred again. Then I waited and waited, I had them on speaker phone, so the 40 minute wait wasn’t so bad.

My next offer was 1.3% to which I said NO and the call ended.

November 4, 2021
2:31 pm
rhvic
Victoria, BC
Members
Forum Posts: 467

I am not getting this offer either, so my money is going to EQ where they give 1.5% on a 3 month GIC. I'll park some money there and wait for further 'offers'.

November 4, 2021
2:45 pm
lancedragons
Members
Forum Posts: 16

Got this on my account, but not on my SO's.
I just locked into the EQ Bank TFSA GIC for 3 months, but this might be a good place to park it after.

November 4, 2021
5:50 pm
COIN
Members
Forum Posts: 1109

Got the 1.60% offer via email. Didn't see any harm in accepting.

November 4, 2021
6:09 pm
Alexandra
British Columbia
Members
Forum Posts: 458

I received the 1.6% offer today via e-mail. I too put some in the 3month EQ GIC % 1.5% a few days ago. I guess I'll transfer some funds out of Canadian Tire to Tangerine.

November 4, 2021
6:50 pm
dougjp
Members
Forum Posts: 575

Alexandra said
I received the 1.6% offer today via e-mail. I too put some in the 3month EQ GIC % 1.5% a few days ago. I guess I'll transfer some funds out of Canadian Tire to Tangerine.  

Exactly what I'm going to do, on Monday (so as not to possibly lose weekend days of interest)

The main accomplishment of almost all organized protests is to
annoy people who are not in them.

November 4, 2021
7:46 pm
davidgeorge
Members
Forum Posts: 294

I got the 1.6% offer too. Not sure if I should move fund from DUCA 1.5% to Tangerine 1.6% account.

November 5, 2021
6:52 am
mustang
Members
Forum Posts: 215
sp_UserOnlineSmall Online

Got the emailed offer-- first one in quite some time
I'm good with the Simplii offer through Feb 28-- but I need to clarify if this applies to USD-- that would be a plus

November 5, 2021
7:27 am
COIN
Members
Forum Posts: 1109

davidgeorge said
I got the 1.6% offer too. Not sure if I should move fund from DUCA 1.5% to Tangerine 1.6% account.  

The DUCA offer is very slightly lower (1.50% vs 1.60%) and I think ends sometime in December (or January) which is sooner than the Tangerine offer.

November 5, 2021
9:23 am
moneyhelp
Members
Forum Posts: 273

Just got this offer via email as well, made my transfer from Hubert 1.1% to Tangerine; unfortunately can only transfer $50K/day, so will have to send a second transfer request tomorrow.

November 5, 2021
9:51 am
canadian.100
Members
Forum Posts: 942

moneyhelp said
Just got this offer via email as well, made my transfer from Hubert 1.1% to Tangerine; unfortunately can only transfer $50K/day, so will have to send a second transfer request tomorrow.  

You absolutely can exceed the $50K if you call the Hubert staff - they will do it for you and you don't have to wait until tomorrow.

November 5, 2021
9:58 am
Dean
Valhalla Mountains, British Columbia
Members
Forum Posts: 1914

rhvic said

I am not getting this offer either, so my money is going to EQ where they give 1.5% on a 3 month GIC. I'll park some money there and wait for further 'offers'.  

Ditto ⬆

And I also like Oaken's new 18 month GIC rate @ 1.75% .

Fingers crossed that the rates will continue to go Up, for the next two years or so. Wouldn't it be nice to see 5yr GIC rates getting back up to 4+% territory
again ❓❗

Dean

sf-cool " Live Long, Healthy ... And Prosper! " sf-cool

November 5, 2021
12:00 pm
smayer97
Members
Forum Posts: 787

mustang said
Got the emailed offer--... -- but I need to clarify if this applies to USD-- that would be a plus  

My email says it does.

November 5, 2021
8:49 pm
mustang
Members
Forum Posts: 215
sp_UserOnlineSmall Online

Yes, you're right
I just hadn't read it carefully enough
Thanks

November 6, 2021
3:18 am
davidgeorge
Members

COIN said

The DUCA offer is very slightly lower (1.50% vs 1.60%) and I think ends sometime in December (or January) which is sooner than the Tangerine offer.  

Thanks. Yes, DUCA promotion ends in January 2022. Since I need to move the fund anyway, I will move now.

November 6, 2021
3:21 am
davidgeorge
Members

I still have DUCA earn more park account (xxxxxxxx9012) linked. I am wondering if I can transfer (pull) fund to my Tangerine savings account from my DUCA earn more park account directly.

November 6, 2021
8:13 am
cgouimet
Members
Forum Posts: 1474

davidgeorge said
I still have DUCA earn more park account (xxxxxxxx9012) linked. I am wondering if I can transfer (pull) fund to my Tangerine savings account from my DUCA earn more park account directly.  

Even on $100k, going from DUCA's 1.5% to something higher is only worth $8.33 per month for each 0.1% in interest rate. Worth moving?

CGO
No permission to create posts

Please write your comments in the forum.