Targeted offer - 5% on new money till June 30, 2023 (extended to September 30) | Page 7 | Tangerine Bank | Discussion forum

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

No permission to create posts
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
Targeted offer - 5% on new money till June 30, 2023 (extended to September 30)
July 9, 2023
10:53 am
HermanH
Members
Forum Posts: 1166
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

I remember calling CSR about cancellation of a promo offer in which I was currently enrolled. Another household member had a better promotion and I wanted it extended to my accounts and got it after my initial offer was cancelled. That's how I remember it, anyway. It was some years back.

August 3, 2023
9:02 pm
Vatox
Members
Forum Posts: 1218
122sp_Permalink sp_Print

Top Dogg said

Hi Vatox,

Thanks for the reply. You gave me some relief with this..lol. I guess I will just leave my money in there as well.

I hate how Tangerine operates. When my previous promo before this one ran out with Tangerine, I moved my money to Oaken Financial. Prior to moving my funds, I had called Tangerine to see if they could offer me a better more competitive rate before moving my money out and the CSR that I spoke with over the phone said that there was nothing they could offer me at this time. Then lo and behold just over a week after I move my money out of there, they offer me the current promotional rate that I'm currently on right now. Like you could have just saved me the time of transferring my funds out by just giving me the new promotional rate but I guess that's how they operate their business and or business model. I think they're banking (pun intended) on people forgetting about their promotional rate and then just leaving their money in there and getting stuck with a terrible interest rate.

I wonder if the CSR's are told to confuse the client on purpose. It's either that are they're just totally inept and from what people are saying on this forum it seems like the latter.  

Just checked my account, to see! The extra bonus interest was deposited for July. So all good!

August 3, 2023
10:53 pm
Top Dogg
Members
Forum Posts: 85
123sp_Permalink sp_Print

Vatox said

Just checked my account, to see! The extra bonus interest was deposited for July. So all good!  

Yea same here Vatox! Glad to see the promotional bonus interest added to my account. All gravy now until October 1st..lol! The 5.5% interest promo is obviously better but you take what you can get. Thanks for your help.

September 26, 2023
12:29 pm
GreatWhiteNorth
Members
Forum Posts: 40
124sp_Permalink sp_Print

Anyone else get the new pseudo extension?
Will get email Oct 6 with new offer 5.85% thru Dec. 31.
Need to accept then.
They say no need to move $ now.
So would lose any material interest for a week.

September 27, 2023
8:05 am
InterestThis
Members
Forum Posts: 273

GreatWhiteNorth said
Need to accept then.
They say no need to move $ now.
So would lose any material interest for a week.  

No did not get that email, was just transfering everything out.
That is a real jerk move by Tang to give 2 biz days notice of the extension. Also to have a full week of low-interest is a Tang cash grab of about $100 for 100K.
I think its better to empty it, not accept the offer, and see if there is another offer coming.

September 27, 2023
8:13 am
InterestThis
Members
Forum Posts: 273

So for 100K, if you took a different 5.75% offer starting now, and declined the Tang 5.85% offer,
- the Tang missed week costs you about $100.
- over 3 months you get about $25 from the higher Tang rate.
So by taking the Tang offer you would lose about $75, or so.

And to be fair, Tang has been decent in how they operate, but they clearly want to make some fees off this, as their CEO must be sick and tired of all those deadbeats who pay no fees to Tang by managing their account diligently.

September 27, 2023
12:49 pm
Alexandre
Members
Forum Posts: 1113
127sp_Permalink sp_Print

GreatWhiteNorth said

Nothing for me. Executed funds transfer from Tangerine to another FI.

No permission to create posts

Please write your comments in the forum.