Another 2.80% Promotion for existing clients starting April 1, 2022 | Page 4 | Tangerine Bank | Discussion forum

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

No permission to create posts
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
Another 2.80% Promotion for existing clients starting April 1, 2022
April 1, 2022
7:26 pm
Lodown
Members
Forum Posts: 167
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Gogie said
I just called Tangerine (9:30 pm EDT) and got through immediately to a rep. He knew right off about the promo rate and explained they were having technical difficulties sending out emails but he could immediately activate the promo rate for me. All taken care of in under 5 minutes. 🙂  

I got my email at 9:53 pm. I don't believe for a second any story about technical problems. Just a ploy to have people register late and help themselves to not paying interest.

April 1, 2022
7:37 pm
COIN
Members
Forum Posts: 1106

Question: If you already registered with a live agent by phone and then received the email afterwards, will you activate the offer online as well?

April 1, 2022
8:29 pm
Norman1
Members
Forum Posts: 6679

It is not necessary to activate again through the e-mailed link, if one has already received confirmation of activation in one's Tangerine Bank online banking Inbox.

One could try it. But, I don't think one will receive an additional 2.8% or 5.6% in total! sf-laugh

Offer acceptance date does not seem to be important as long as one accepts or activates the offer by April 30.

"Promotion Period" is defined to be from April 1, 2022 to August 31, 2022. Period.

"Promotional Interest Rate" of 2.80% will be applied when the "Promotional Period" starts:

9. The Promotional Interest Rate will be automatically applied to all Eligible Balances in all existing Applicable Accounts that the Eligible Client has when the Promotion Period begins, and to all Eligible Balances in any subsequent Applicable Accounts opened by the Eligible Client during the Promotion Period.

April 2, 2022
5:39 am
dougjp
Members
Forum Posts: 564

I got the offer this morning, which said it was sent at 9:46 PM April 1....

I'm in shock because it always takes at least 2 years between offers from them, and I just came off the 1.6% one, withdrawing all $ prior to its expiry and sent to People's and EQ savings, and into various GICs, some at Tang.

The main accomplishment of almost all organized protests is to
annoy people who are not in them.

April 2, 2022
6:39 am
Pronounced Zed
Toronto
Members
Forum Posts: 18

In an earlier reply to this thread I thought this offer would work like the Scotia momentum account (the wording on the email was confusing). I'm happy to be wrong. This seems to be a strait-forward 2.8% offer.

The best part is this is coming directly after my last offer expired on March 31 and works on existing money as well as new money. No need to move money out to wait for the next offer.

I'm betting Tangerine was also getting fed up with watching all that money disappear after previous offers expired. It seems a lot of users learned how to play their game. Although, as dougjp mentions in the reply above, sometimes you just can't win.

April 2, 2022
8:14 am
COIN
Members

I don't see any downside to also clicking "activate" on the email. I think I will do it.

April 2, 2022
8:23 am
Norman1
Members

Not everyone will receive each of Tangerine's targeted promotions.

Also, Tangerine will sometimes have multiple promotions running concurrently with different rates and different conditions (entire balance versus new deposits). One could end up assigned a less attractive promotion.

That happened to me when I didn't move the funds out at the end of one promotion. Tangerine gave me another offer shortly afterwards. But, the promotional rate was on additional deposits only.

One can always move the funds back should Tangerine make an attractive subsequent offer.

I had transferred funds out a week ago. I did not receive any indication, before April 1, that I would be included in this 2.8% promotion after the 1.4% promotion.

April 2, 2022
11:40 am
Lodown
Members
Forum Posts: 167

Norman1 - were you offered the 2.8% promo?

April 2, 2022
11:43 am
Norman1
Members

Lodown said
Norman1 - were you offered the 2.8% promo?

Yes. sf-smile

I have to move all those funds back to Tangerine now.

April 3, 2022
10:56 am
rhvic
Victoria, BC
Members
Forum Posts: 465

I finally got my offer for 2.8% from Tang, so have moved money back into my savings account. Except of course for my $US account - that has all gone over to EQ where it will earn 1.0%, unlike 0.1% at Tang, where they claim
"Great rate
Our rates are among the best around, at 0.10% since November 13, 2020.
"

Thanks, but I will take the 'ten times greater' rate at EQ.

April 3, 2022
11:12 am
julio
Members
Forum Posts: 138

rhvic (post 70): Copied from my TANG US$ 'account details':
Your special rate is active! Nice! You're earning a special interest rate of 2.80% on new deposits to this Account until July 31, 2022.

April 3, 2022
12:37 pm
COIN
Members

julio said
Your special rate is active! Nice! You're earning a special interest rate of 2.80% on new deposits to this Account until July 31, 2022.  

July 31st and not August 31st?

April 3, 2022
12:49 pm
rhvic
Victoria, BC
Members
Forum Posts: 465

My $US account details just mention the 0.10% rate; no promo rate activated for that account. Perhaps there is a different promo to July 31 which did cover $US as well? I did get the 2.8% on $CDN savings until August 31.

April 3, 2022
12:55 pm
AlainJF
Members
Forum Posts: 182

General question... just in case : Was anybody on a current Promo at Tangerine been able to get to a new (better) Promo before the end of current Promo ? (ex: by calling them, moving funds out, etc.)

April 3, 2022
1:01 pm
Norman1
Members

julio said

Must be another 2.8% promotion!

The fine print of my 2.8% promotion includes only the Tangerine Savings Accounts and excludes US$ Savings Accounts:

3. For the purposes of this Offer, “Applicable Accounts” only include Tangerine Savings Accounts and don’t include any other Tangerine Accounts such as (but not limited to) Tax-Free Savings Accounts (“TFSA Savings”), RSP Savings Accounts (“RSP Savings”), RIF Savings Accounts, US$ Savings Accounts, Business Savings Accounts, US$ Business Savings Accounts, or Children’s Savings Accounts.

April 5, 2022
4:40 pm
cgouimet
Members
Forum Posts: 1448

A new one... 2.4% on new $ thru Aug 31 2022. My wife's first offer since joining when it was ING Direct ...

CGO
April 10, 2022
3:05 pm
mustang
Members
Forum Posts: 205

We were on the 1.6% promo ending March 31
Never dreamed we could get the offer for April 1, for 2.8
Never got an email about it-- although that was true of the 1.6 offer as well
Logged in belately, looked under offers, saw nothing new
Then checked insights. Lo and behold-- there it was.
I was very pleasantly surprised, to say the least
Clicked on activate, and we are in business
Pays to check in, every now and then!

April 11, 2022
3:09 pm
dougjp
Members
Forum Posts: 564

In Peter's Savers Roundup just released, he says about the 2.8% promo " you must keep the balance in the account for the duration of the promo in order to get the higher rate ". Nothing in my offer says this, I don't think this is so?

I seem to have lost his e-mail, would have preferred to advise him that way. So I posted this here. It IS just a straight 2.8% paid on whatever is there?

The main accomplishment of almost all organized protests is to
annoy people who are not in them.

April 11, 2022
3:24 pm
Peter
Admin
Forum Posts: 1398

dougjp said
In Peter's Savers Roundup just released, he says about the 2.8% promo " you must keep the balance in the account for the duration of the promo in order to get the higher rate ". Nothing in my offer says this, I don't think this is so?

I seem to have lost his e-mail, would have preferred to advise him that way. So I posted this here. It IS just a straight 2.8% paid on whatever is there?  

Thanks for pointing that out and sorry for being confused about the whole thing. Now that I'm reviewing the threads again, this was discussed most recently in the May-November promo but also at length in this thread's 2.80% promo after April 1 about how Tangerine clarified their terminology "you’ll have to keep the funds in your Account [...] to keep earning your special rate". In fact, some people have not been confused by that terminology at all, but clearly I got fooled. Sorry again. I will at least correct the roundup posted on this website.

April 11, 2022
3:41 pm
cgouimet
Members
Forum Posts: 1448

Whatever the teaser wording was last week about that new upcoming offer, those who do get the actual offer will be able to confirm the actual parameters of the offer.

Let's stay tuned until it's actually official ...

CGO
No permission to create posts

Please write your comments in the forum.