Another 2.80% Promotion for existing clients starting April 1, 2022 | Page 3 | Tangerine Bank | Discussion forum

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

No permission to create posts
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
Another 2.80% Promotion for existing clients starting April 1, 2022
March 20, 2022
12:19 pm
Loonie
Members
Forum Posts: 9238
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

COIN said

Any idea what happens after the Tandia promotion?

The money is auto transferred to regular savings when promo ends.

March 21, 2022
7:12 pm
RetirEd
Members
Forum Posts: 1003

COIN: In the context of the discussion, members were asking whether the Tangerine promo was on new money only. When I pointed out language that indicated existing funds qualified, too, I did not intend to imply that new funds would not qualify, and all evidence is that they do.
RetirEd

RetirEd

April 1, 2022
7:46 am
GR
Members
Forum Posts: 632

If you were alerted by Tangerine in March about this promo starting April 1, 2022, did you receive yet the email or notification on your account, which was supposed to be sent today, with details of the promo and how to activate?

April 1, 2022
7:49 am
qq1999
Members
Forum Posts: 2

Got the Mar 17 email notice but haven't got the offer yet.

April 1, 2022
9:05 am
Alexandra
British Columbia
Members
Forum Posts: 458

Ditto. Nothing yet from Tangerine. I went to the offers section under profile and settings as the original e-mail said to do on April 1st and the new offer is not there yet.

April 1, 2022
9:20 am
Lodown
Members
Forum Posts: 193

FYI to those who are waiting. It is now 12:20 EST. No email received as well.

April 1, 2022
9:25 am
Lodown
Members

This was included in their March 17th email:
"This Offer, including interest rates, may change, be extended or cancelled without notice."

If nothing shows up in the next 3 hrs calling them will be in order...

April 1, 2022
10:21 am
GR
Members
Forum Posts: 632

No notification received, so I phoned Tangerine (long wait) and the rep activated my offer immediately. It appears on my account not under "Insights" but under "Your Special Offers" as "April Savings Offer 2022" under "Profile and Settings", "Bonuses and Contests".

The promo applies only to regular Canadian savings accounts (not registered and not U.S.). The rate of 2.80% is from April 1 to August 31, 2022 and appears to be on all existing balances and new deposits, with no restriction about retaining funds in account until end of promo period.

Phone them if you haven't received notification yet today.

April 1, 2022
11:13 am
Alexandra
British Columbia
Members

So I called them. The person I got said if it says it will be in my in-box today it will be. Well actually, she said I would get another e-mail from them. I read out what the March e-mail said then she said about the in-box. I told her that "a friend" of mine just called them as he had the same offer and the rep took care of it right then. So then she said she couldn't do that, it would have to be a rep? So what is she? Then she said she would transfer me to one. She said it wouldn't be "long". Well it is now 20 minutes in wait after the initial one with her. Maybe, they will send another e-mail or put a message in my box. Maybe they'll wait til April 2nd that way so they don't pay interest for April the 1st.

April 1, 2022
11:58 am
c
Members
Forum Posts: 12

I called as well. Long wait but rep was aware of the promo and said they've been experiencing technical issues with the email mailout 😉

They activated it over the phone. No restrictions, they explained it's very flexible (can withdrawal, add funds as needed.) Covers all existing balances and new money from activation date to August 31, 2022.

Only applies to CAD $$ savings accounts, not registered or USD accounts.

April 1, 2022
12:26 pm
moneyhelp
Members
Forum Posts: 273

I was sent the email about this promotion back on March 17th, but have yet to receive the activation email offer.

Time now is 3:25pm EST.

Any updates from anyone who posted earlier today?

April 1, 2022
1:09 pm
Alexandra
British Columbia
Members

Account activated!! After spending another 1hr, 15min on hold the "new rep" activated the 2.8% offer for me. After I talked with her, an e-mail magically appeared to tell me to go to my account and activate. So all is well here again.sf-cool

April 1, 2022
1:28 pm
COIN
Members
Forum Posts: 1108

What are the terms and conditions?

1) Both old and new money qualify?
2) You can add or take out funds at any time with no penalty?

April 1, 2022
1:59 pm
Lodown
Members

As confirmed by an agent, one can add and withdraw funds with no impact to the 2.8% interest rate. Very good that way.

After calling in I received a confirmation email. I wonder if the automated 1 April email they promised in their March 17th email would have come in today if I did not call in...so far I have not seen it.

April 1, 2022
2:25 pm
COIN
Members

Lodown said
As confirmed by an agent, one can add and withdraw funds with no impact to the 2.8% interest rate. Very good that way.

Same experience here.

BTW: Long wait on the telephone.

April 1, 2022
3:51 pm
moneyhelp
Members
Forum Posts: 273

Just got off the phone with Tangerine agent.

I used the call back feature, it showed the wait time was 10min, but it took less than 1min for them to call me back and speak to a live agent.

The agent asked for my personal details, he confirmed I did receive this promo email back in March and also confirmed that Tangerine has been delayed in sending out the activation emails (did not offer nor did I ask why).

The agent then activated the promo rate for my account for me which was instant and reflected into my account.

Whole process took exactly 3min.

April 1, 2022
4:02 pm
rhvic
Victoria, BC
Members
Forum Posts: 467

I just called an agent at Tang, told them I had the mid-March email re the 2.8%, and did not get an email today - could they please activate it for me now? Their response - absolutely not! - it must be an email which comes to me and I have to click the link to activate the 2.8% offer.

So those of you who are getting an agent to set up the 2.8% rate for you today over the phone are lucky - they will NOT do it for me. The agent claims he has no such authorization.

Anybody else getting this treatment today?

Despite being with ING/Tang for several decades now, I am really beginning to loathe them.

April 1, 2022
4:34 pm
qq1999
Members
Forum Posts: 2

Finally got mine. First agent said no. She can't do it. Ask transfer to another agent and again another agent. Finally someone can do it. Just try different agent.

April 1, 2022
6:35 pm
Gogie
Members
Forum Posts: 16

I just called Tangerine (9:30 pm EDT) and got through immediately to a rep. He knew right off about the promo rate and explained they were having technical difficulties sending out emails but he could immediately activate the promo rate for me. All taken care of in under 5 minutes. 🙂

April 1, 2022
6:54 pm
COIN
Members

Just got the email (after I already called them earlier) at 9:49PM.

"As we look forward, many of us have been reminded to appreciate what’s actually important. These are the reasons we save in the first place, and it’s why a good savings rate can help you save for who and what’s important to you.

Now, with this online-only offer, you can earn 2.80%* interest until August 31, 2022 on all your eligible non-registered Savings balances of up to $5,000,000, combined.

Because saving for what’s worth it, is worth it."

No permission to create posts

Please write your comments in the forum.