5% Savings Promo Ending Sept. 30, 2023 - Any Extension Yet?? | Page 3 | Tangerine Bank | Discussion forum

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

No permission to create posts
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
5% Savings Promo Ending Sept. 30, 2023 - Any Extension Yet??
October 7, 2023
11:47 am
mordko
Members
Forum Posts: 836
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Why are they working on Pavlovian conditioning of clients so that they are taught to pull all the money before each promotion ends? What is Tangerine using the money for that benefits from periodic outflows?

October 7, 2023
12:14 pm
victor6433
Members
Forum Posts: 84

Alexandre said
Loyalty, what loyalty? My money follows laws of physics: it flows to where interest rate is higher.  

Hahaha... Yes I agree...
Best reply of the year... I'm still laughing but true.. this will stick in my head.. Fir laughable times
Pray for Israel.

October 9, 2023
9:42 am
topgoat
Members
Forum Posts: 11

suburbs4life said
Topgoat- in short YES. We had the same offer until Sept 30th and moved all of our money out then got the 6% offer October 4th… we never got a preemptive offer this time. it sounds you were given something different. We got the offer on October 4th after all money was moved out prior to sept 30th.  

Sorry to be-labour this point ... I am just curious how these marketing "wizards" (tsk tsk) at Tangerine think ... suburbs4life said that they did not receive the "pre-emptive" email asking them to keep their funds in Tangerine for the 5.85% promo starting October 6. If I check earlier messages on this thread, it looks like the same is the case with Alexandre and Interestthis.
Since I did get the pre-emptive email, I wonder if I would have received the 6% promo ending February 28, 2024 if I had transferred all the funds out from Tangerine before October 3? I guess it probably does not matter ... I should have moved out the funds, because even if I don't get the 6% promo, I can return the funds to Tangerine and avail of the 5.85% promo anyway. However, it is possible I wouldn't have received the 6% promo.

I am sure Tangerine is spending lots of dollars on these "brilliant" (actually, quite stupid) marketing campaigns! They'd rather play these "silly games" and have their long-standing customers move their money in and out (which I am sure costs Tangerine $) and pay their marketing "wizards", rather than provide "award-winning client service" (a laughable quote from their website).

October 9, 2023
10:02 am
InterestThis
Members
Forum Posts: 273

I doubt any person is pulling the strings. I knew a mathematician that worked for a big bank, and they just have large teams of PhD math people think up mathematical equations based on probablilites to increase their profit margins.
Keep your eye open, and maybe another offer from another bank will offset this one.

EDIT: and the marketing people have literally no clue what the math people are doing. No connection at all, that is a fact.

October 9, 2023
10:05 am
pooreva
Banned
Forum Posts: 440

topgoat said
I am sure Tangerine is spending lots of dollars on these "brilliant" (actually, quite stupid) marketing campaigns!

This is all AI these days...

October 11, 2023
11:25 am
Top Dogg
Members
Forum Posts: 85

Tangerine never gave me any promo. I transferred my funds out on Sunday October 1st and got nothing from them. Maybe I should have moved everything out prior to October 1st, I don't know. Now I'm not sure if I should just wait until the end of the month for a possible new promo from them or just start to look elsewhere for the next 5-6 months.

October 11, 2023
12:37 pm
InterestThis
Members
Forum Posts: 273

Could be earning 5.75 interest in Meridian by today, using App cheque deposit.

No permission to create posts

Please write your comments in the forum.