Duca EMPA Deposit Rate Increase! 3.25% effective Monday, July 18, 2022 | Page 2 | DUCA Credit Union | Discussion forum

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

No permission to create posts
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
Duca EMPA Deposit Rate Increase! 3.25% effective Monday, July 18, 2022
July 19, 2022
5:09 pm
davidgeorge
Members
Forum Posts: 294
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

cgouimet said

Instead of listening to that one 30 second music track on continuous loop, you can accept the call-back. It does work. They call back and you don't loose your place in the line. I did that this morning. 40 minutes later they called while I was in the pool ...  

Thanks, good to know it works. I worried that they don't call back today, then I lose one day interest.

July 20, 2022
12:07 am
Loonie
Members
Forum Posts: 9245

Yes, it works pretty well. I have used it several times. I had to wait quite a while today for the call back though. They are probably busier due to the increased rate.

July 20, 2022
10:15 pm
duckgybe
Members
Forum Posts: 8

I don't even bother to phone them to have funds moved to Earn More Park account. I deposit a cheque through any ATM with the exchange network. Then, I log in and click on Account services then Contac us to request funds deposited on Savings a/c to be moved to my Earn More Park a/c at 3.25%.
Et voila!! Easy peasy!!!

Nick

July 20, 2022
10:21 pm
duckgybe
Members

Only bother with their Me to Me is you can only move $50,000 daily up to 250k weekly. You can push funds out only when you're like me a BC resident with no chequing with them.
Used to be a few years back that you could send them a scanned copy of your deposit cheque by email for them to process and deposit on Park a/c. They stopped this practice however. Very satisfied overall with DUCA as no B/S with interest rates like Simplii/Tangerine with new money :).

Nick

July 21, 2022
12:37 am
Loonie
Members

duckgybe said
I don't even bother to phone them to have funds moved to Earn More Park account. I deposit a cheque through any ATM with the exchange network. Then, I log in and click on Account services then Contac us to request funds deposited on Savings a/c to be moved to my Earn More Park a/c at 3.25%.
Et voila!! Easy peasy!!!

Nick  

That's a good tip. We waited an hour or two for call back yesterday.
How long does it take for your request to be honoured?

July 21, 2022
12:51 am
cgouimet
Members
Forum Posts: 1474

Loonie said

That's a good tip. We waited an hour or two for call back yesterday.
How long does it take for your request to be honoured?  

Excellent tip indeed ...

This week hasn't been great at DUCA. Long wait times, 2 abrupt disconnects yesterday, and not the usual high performance CSR's.

CGO
July 21, 2022
12:59 am
Loonie
Members

And today they are going to be closed for corporate something-or-other, so don't call today.

July 21, 2022
11:06 am
HISAhopper
Members
Forum Posts: 186

Loonie said
And today they are going to be closed for corporate something-or-other, so don't call today.  

I came to find out why DUCA close today.
will try the above tip by duckgeby

July 21, 2022
11:14 am
cgouimet
Members
Forum Posts: 1474

HISAhopper said

I came to find out why DUCA close today.
will try the above tip by duckgeby  

If you're a member you would have received an email ...

CGO
July 21, 2022
11:17 am
HISAhopper
Members

duckgybe said
Et voila!! Easy peasy!!!

Nick  

how long till you see the money in the Earn More Park Account?

July 21, 2022
1:05 pm
savemoresaveoften
Members
Forum Posts: 2875

HISAhopper said

within a few hours after you talked to a rep.

July 21, 2022
1:26 pm
Berry
Members
Forum Posts: 9

Usually they have transferred the funds within minutes of chatting with the csr.

July 22, 2022
6:55 am
HISAhopper
Members

I left message to move $ from earn more savings to park account yesterday, checked in online this morning nothing happens, call in now and on hold for 20 mins ...

July 22, 2022
9:57 am
COIN
Members
Forum Posts: 1109

"I left message to move $ from earn more savings to park account yesterday,"

They were all away on an offsite yesterday. Give them a bit of time to catch up.

July 23, 2022
10:55 pm
duckgybe
Members

HISAhopper said

Hey Loonie if I leave the message outside their business hours then the next day my request is actioned. I will continue to do this as long as I do business with them :).

July 24, 2022
12:28 am
Loonie
Members

Sounds good. Wish I'd known this earlier!

July 24, 2022
10:06 am
mustang
Members
Forum Posts: 215

But you would lose a day's interest that way, n'est pas?
i.e., if you phone them, you get interest immediately
This way, not until the next day?

July 25, 2022
7:31 am
LeBronBMT
Members
Forum Posts: 59

duckgybe said
Only bother with their Me to Me is you can only move $50,000 daily up to 250k weekly. You can push funds out only when you're like me a BC resident with no chequing with them.
Used to be a few years back that you could send them a scanned copy of your deposit cheque by email for them to process and deposit on Park a/c. They stopped this practice however. Very satisfied overall with DUCA as no B/S with interest rates like Simplii/Tangerine with new money :).

Nick  

Another thing to note is if you transfer money in via externally linked accounts, DUCA puts a hold on the money for about 10 business days. IIRC they will still move the money to the Park account if you ask them to. There is no hold with e-transferring money to Duca, but there are of course daily limits with interac. Always something!

August 11, 2022
9:08 am
co
Members
Forum Posts: 71

I am likely being greedy, but DUCA EMPA for the first half of the year have been the clear leader compared to other FIs, but now others seem to be catching up. For example if you are lucky you are getting Simplii at 3.85%, CIBC new account 4.25%, and some 3.5% here and there, though they all have some strings attached.

DUCA also doesn't seem to be pushing customers into their GIC either. The Flex 80 months at 4.5%, cashable after one year at 3.5% is just no longer a good deal in my opinion.

Maybe no one knows but do we expect another rate hike by DUCA as they have done since the start of this promo, or is this it that they are getting saturated with deposits?

August 11, 2022
10:58 am
savemoresaveoften
Members
Forum Posts: 2875

DUCA is never the aggresor when it comes to GIC or deposit savings. But they are steady and reasonable, and straight forward to deal with.
In the long run it evens out in my mind, and I am someone that has zero loyalty to any FIs and only the best rates catch my attention.

No permission to create posts

Please write your comments in the forum.