DUCA 01Mar2018 to 31May2018 @3.15% | Page 2 | DUCA Credit Union | Discussion forum

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

No permission to create posts
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
DUCA 01Mar2018 to 31May2018 @3.15%
March 3, 2018
10:39 pm
rfdm4g4g9
Members
Forum Posts: 252
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Is it easy to link external HISA accounts like Tangerine, Simplii from DUCA side ?

Is it just done by confirming 2 micro deposits ?? Or do you have to mail or upload VOID checks the way Simplii wanted ?

I only want to link my HISA - Tangerine & Simplii accounts to them. So don't have checks for them as they are HISA & not checking account.

March 4, 2018
8:41 am
Londonguy
Members
Forum Posts: 535

rfdm4g4g9 said:

1. If your Equifax verification went on without any hitch, when you applied.
2. If the check you uploaded has your name pre-printed on it - and the image of the upload is all clear.

You wouldn't & shouldn't have any problems & things should be set up fast.

Agreed that problems with either of those issues would be a major hiccup.

FWIW the CIBC mobile banking app gives me free Equifax scores updated quarterly -- it currently says my Equifax score is 812 and I haven't done anything lately to impact it, so I think I'm good there. For the initial deposit I used a free Simplii cheque with my pre-printed name and address on it. For mobile banking I have a high-end phone camera that works great -- I just looked at these two images again and they're fine.

Like you said, a bottleneck might arise if they use a snail mail verification step in the account opening process. I hope not, but I can't do much about it.

March 5, 2018
6:41 pm
davidgeorge
Members
Forum Posts: 294

AlainJF said

Thanks for the info, but I do not see any section/option called "secure message" on their website (yes, I am logged in).

Are you referring to the general section/option "contact us" ? (bottom left corner)

If not, where is the "secure message" section/option ?  

Have you figured out how to send "secure message"? I don't know how to send either and probably have to call them tomorrow.

March 6, 2018
5:47 am
davidgeorge
Members
Forum Posts: 294

DUCA told me that I have to call them to move fund to EARN MORE PARK ACCOUNT.

March 6, 2018
4:00 pm
AlainJF
Members
Forum Posts: 184

davidgeorge said

Have you figured out how to send "secure message"? I don't know how to send either and probably have to call them tomorrow.  

I choose to call them. They execute the transfer immediately after verifying your identity (usual questions). Nice service, in my opinion.

March 8, 2018
12:15 pm
Londonguy
Members

Just an update FYI re: my DUCA account opening experience if anyone cares.

I just got off the phone from asking DUCA what happened to my application -- thought I'd better call because today I became aware that other people (on a different website than here) who had applied later than me were reporting that they already had their accounts open and even their money deposited -- whereas I still haven't received any mail/email acknowledgement from DUCA since I completed their online application last Friday.

It was a long wait on the phone, but eventually a rep told me (1) that they are very busy because of the promotion (2) that they supposedly have a priority queue system for opening new accounts on a 'first come first served' basis, and (3) that they would open my account today and also send me my welcome information email so that I can fund it ASAP.

He couldn't explain under their priority queue system how someone who had applied after me had managed to already get on board and have their funds in place. It's not a real big deal to me, but it is a bit of a PO since obviously their queue system is easily hopped, and in this case it's going to push my funding date into next week. Perhaps I should have whined sooner, as I suspect that's probably how the other new accounts received their expedited treatment.

Anyway, now we'll see if things happen as promised. Not feeling the love yet...

March 8, 2018
2:13 pm
tcharger67
Members
Forum Posts: 104

London guy.
I called duca today to move deposits into the promo account. It was a 13minute wait. The first have ever witnessed, honestly I don't think I have been on hold longer than 2 minutes with duca. That being said, I think it still beats tangerines best time yet. Seriously 20 minute wait times. My td and Mbna pft have exceeded an hour. I think a wait time thread should be started

March 8, 2018
3:32 pm
Londonguy
Members

tcharger67-

FWIW I magically got my email about 4:30pm after my 3 o'clockish phone call, perhaps confirming the squeaky wheel theory. So now I'm good to go, subject to gating rules at the remitting institutions. As for the DUCA phone wait time today, I believe them when they say they're swamped. It wouldn't take too much to overload a small institution that probably underestimated the response they were going to get.

This is a DUCA thread so I don't want to dwell on the matter, but since you brought it up, I too had some horrible wait experiences with TD this past December, even though I was way in front of the last minute year-end crowd that are always trying to move TFSA and RS money around. In my case it wasn't just phone wait times either, it was delays in back office execution cutting cheques. I found it amusing that after the December debacle was over, TD claimed volume overload, but I say any Big 5 institution that doesn't have sufficiently scalable systems to handle peak volumes has been cutting way too many service corners in order to fatten their bottom line. Unfortunately, that strategy only works until your customers start to leave, and once I find a suitable substitute, I may be one of them

March 8, 2018
6:47 pm
HISAhopper
Members
Forum Posts: 186

I meant to only open 1 account with DUCA but 3 accounts emerged. They were opened today ( Savings , Earn more Savings and Earn more Park accounts) and I was able to EFT (pull) from Tangerine to the DUCA Savings account, the rep then transferred money to the Earn more Park Account where it gets 3.15%.
At the end of the promotion period the money will be transferred to a Earn more Savings account to which I need a full account number to link to Tangerine using the micro deposits. Anyone know how to find the DUCA account numbers on line given the member ID? Thanks

March 8, 2018
7:40 pm
tcharger67
Members

Hisahopper. You can directly transfer from your park back to the linked tangerine.

March 9, 2018
5:27 am
Londonguy
Members

tcharger67 said:

You can directly transfer from your park back to the linked tangerine.

Really? I was under the impression that the Earn More Savings Account was an internal subaccount, hence the need to have to actively make requests to move funds in/out.

But if you can link from other FIs directly to the Earn More Savings Account, then do you have any idea why DUCA opens two accounts and then internally makes you drive through one to get to the other? If the account is directly accessible from the outside of their system, the duplication doesn't make any sense to me. Insights?

March 9, 2018
7:16 am
tcharger67
Members

Yes you can. I did it in December when ducas 3% ended. Just an FYI though, linked accounts do not show on the mobile app or page. It is an issue I spoke to duca with back in December. I received a email a while after regarding it as a future addition to their customers banking needs, and a thank you for sharing with ducas team.

March 9, 2018
11:43 am
Londonguy
Members

tcharger 67 said:

Yes you can. I did it in December

Okay, if I understand you correctly, you were able to create a direct link to your DUCA EMSA at another FI (I'm guessing either Tangerine or EQ Bank or both) that allows you to pull funds from DUCA into the receiving platform. I can see how that would work, although I still think it's weird that DUCA sets up 2 different savings accounts when you only want or need one.

Or were you able to set up outgoing links on the DUCA platform itself to push money out? And if so, what did DUCA accept as suitable documentation other than a void cheque to create the outgoing link if it wasn't to a chequing account?

I'm asking because I just went through a month of hell trying to get Simplii to let me do exactly that, i.e. create a direct transfer link between Simplii and a savings account I have at a credit union in Manitoba. Even though I supplied a signed EFT authorization from the credit union, Simplii kept trying to jam me for a void cheque that I obviously couldn't supply -- I kept after them for over 4 weeks until they finally relented and just did it.

If you look at the DUCA linking process, they suggest you have to supply a void cheque for any link as well.

March 9, 2018
11:58 am
tcharger67
Members

London.

I sent a void tangerine cheque via email to Duca. On ducas non mobile website, my tangerine account# and name tangerine is listed on the transfers page.

Now I can push out funds on ducas non mobile transfers page to my tangerine from any duca account.

I can pull from tangerine to Duca into any duca account except the promo park account.
But I transfer on ducas non mobile page tangerine to Duca savings, than call and have that deposited to the park account immediately.

It will gain the promo at duca immediately. Though the transfer is not completed.

March 9, 2018
12:00 pm
tcharger67
Members

If your worried about lost interest on the way out. Link your tangerine on tangerines page to ducas regular savings. Than make the transfer on tangerines page from duca savings to tangerine savings. You won't loose a day of interest.

March 9, 2018
12:27 pm
Londonguy
Members

Gotcha, thanks

March 9, 2018
2:11 pm
HISAhopper
Members

tcharger67 said
London.

I can pull from tangerine to Duca into any duca account except the promo park account.

If I understand correctly you initiated a pull at Tangerine site to move money from DUCA Earn more Savings account to Tangerine account. How did you link the DUCA account to Tangerine account at Tangerine site? Was it by 2 micro deposits? and how to find the DUCA Earn more Savings account number? is it formed by the DUCA membership number with an additional suffix?
Thanks

March 9, 2018
7:44 pm
tcharger67
Members

You can't do it with the promo. But the savings you can. I called, got the account info, than did to micro account deposits via tangerines link account page

March 10, 2018
6:47 pm
HISAhopper
Members

tcharger67 said
You can't do it with the promo. But the savings you can. I called, got the account info, than did to micro account deposits via tangerines link account page  

Thanks, I will call in to verify my account number and set things up.
It is important for me to get all correct info to set up a scheduled transfer out of DUCA at the end of the promo to an external joint account in case if something happens to me the fund will find its ways to my love one.

March 12, 2018
10:40 am
HISAhopper
Members

As promised I called DUCA and was told the following:

With xxxxxx is my membership #, the accounts # are:
Saving account : xxxxxx0001
Earn more Savings account: xxxxxx6001
Earn more Park account : xxxxxx9001
The 0,6 and 9 are to signify the account type
I was told that I can either push or pull to an external account with any of the 3 accounts above. (to be tested)
It is 50K limit per day for push from DUCA, I foget to ask about the limit for pull.
At the end of the promo period, the fund will be moved automatically from Earn more Park Account to Earn more Savings Account.

No permission to create posts

Please write your comments in the forum.