DUCA 01Mar2018 to 31May2018 @3.15% | DUCA Credit Union | Discussion forum

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

No permission to create posts
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
DUCA 01Mar2018 to 31May2018 @3.15%
February 28, 2018
10:04 am
julio
Members
Forum Posts: 139
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

That is starting tomorrow. No limit. DICO now at $250K.

February 28, 2018
12:43 pm
tcharger67
Members
Forum Posts: 104

Did you find it on their website? I having difficulty getting the information and am on their email list

February 28, 2018
12:58 pm
Loonie
Members
Forum Posts: 9238
sp_UserOnlineSmall Online

Probably won't show up on their website until tomorrow, when it starts. Julio probably spoke to someone there, or works there.
I wonder if new money only; also, is it savings or term deposit? Sounds like savings.

February 28, 2018
1:53 pm
tcharger67
Members

I gave them a call. It is for high interest savings, new deposits only. It is the same as the old 3% they ran till December. FYI 50k limits per transaction, 100k daily, 200k weekly.

February 28, 2018
2:09 pm
Loonie
Members
Forum Posts: 9238
sp_UserOnlineSmall Online

thanks for the report. Good to think about the withdrawal limits before depositing.

EDIT:
Info now available:
https://www.duca.com/mymoney/banking/savings-accounts/earn-more-incredible-savings/

non-registered funds only

February 28, 2018
3:17 pm
julio
Members
Forum Posts: 139

No withdrawal limit when driving to a branch to pick a money order after the end of the promo.

March 1, 2018
4:55 am
goldenhawk
Members
Forum Posts: 15

Ontario resident only.
At least it's what they told me via email.

Thank you for contacting DUCA, we apologize for the delayed response. We are unable to open accounts for individuals or entities that reside outside the province of Ontario.

March 1, 2018
12:04 pm
Saver Guy_2018
Members
Forum Posts: 10

Does anyone have any experience dealing with DUCA Credit Union? I never had to deal with them. Does anyone recommend them or not recommend them. Good or Bad Comments / Advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

March 1, 2018
12:07 pm
davidgeorge
Members
Forum Posts: 294

I received the email this morning:

Announcing: A special savings promotion!
Give your savings a serious boost with new deposits into an Earn More Savings Account* at 3.15%! But act fast — this offer expires May 31, 2018.

* Offer expires May 31, 2018. Rate subject to change. Only eligible deposits will qualify for the Promotional Rate. Eligible deposits must be new money deposited with DUCA from a new or existing Member. Money already on deposit at DUCA in the form of a term deposit, savings account, or other investment is not an eligible deposit.

March 1, 2018
12:18 pm
tcharger67
Members

Duca is not ontario only. I use them, and I am in bc. They're great, awesome response time, good mobile app. Only issue is transfer amounts.

100k Max per transaction, 200k Max daily, 1M Max weekly. Going into

50k Max per day per transaction, 200k Max per week leaving.

Only way around it is a bank draft.

If you haven't used them, you'll like them. Very friendly, very knowledgeable, won't be on hold more than a minute

March 1, 2018
8:32 pm
AlainJF
Members
Forum Posts: 184

I was able to transfer new money to my "Earn More Savings Account @1.5%".

But, for some reasons, I can`t move that money to my "Earn More Park Account @3.15%". (I see this account with the 3.5% rate clealy)

Anyone else has the same issue ? Do you have to call them to make the move to the "Earn More Park Account @3.15%" ?

March 1, 2018
9:28 pm
tcharger67
Members

No, you send a secure message while logged in. They make the transfer. It's quite simple. You could call, but I always message. It'll be moved and collecting the next open hours. They're quite quick

March 1, 2018
11:38 pm
rfdm4g4g9
Members
Forum Posts: 252

Great Rate sf-cool

March 2, 2018
3:20 am
Saver-Mom
Members
Forum Posts: 311

Have found them very pleasant to deal with, and have not had any competency issues, but all I have with them is rrsp. Wonder if I can link multiple accounts with them?

March 2, 2018
3:54 am
rfdm4g4g9
Members

tcharger67 said
Duca is not ontario only. I use them, and I am in bc. They're great, awesome response time, good mobile app. Only issue is transfer amounts.

If you haven't used them, you'll like them. Very friendly, very knowledgeable, won't be on hold more than a minute  

Good to know people outside Ontario can use them too.

Yes I have heard from multiple sources they have very good service. Time to give the small guys a chance.

I hope ALL the Simplii 3 % clients flee to DUCA..ha ha sf-laugh

March 2, 2018
5:32 am
AlainJF
Members
Forum Posts: 184

tcharger67 said
No, you send a secure message while logged in. They make the transfer. It's quite simple. You could call, but I always message. It'll be moved and collecting the next open hours. They're quite quick  

Thanks for the info, but I do not see any section/option called "secure message" on their website (yes, I am logged in).

Are you referring to the general section/option "contact us" ? (bottom left corner)

If not, where is the "secure message" section/option ?

March 2, 2018
8:38 am
geotabs
Members
Forum Posts: 15

tcharger67 said

I am from BC too and tried to open an account yesterday but the only selection for province is Onterio so I called them up to confirm if I can in fact open an account and he said it was just for Ontario, how did you find a work around for this? Would love to move my money there!

Thanks

March 2, 2018
9:30 am
Saver-Mom
Members
Forum Posts: 311

Someone said in another thread they have changed their bylaws, used to allow everyone to open accounts, now just Ontario residents, not clear why that is. So if you already have an account and are from outside, they are allowing you to continue, it seems. Maybe they did this to limit inflow of cash$ ? Or is there some new rule in DICO since they increased their coverage to 250$K?

March 3, 2018
10:00 am
Londonguy
Members
Forum Posts: 535

FWIW I applied online on Friday afternoon (Mar 2), including doing cheque image uploads of my $1 initial membership fee deposit to save the snail mail delay. I've also already downloaded their mobile app even though there's no account to sign into yet.

I don't know what other hoops they're going to make me jump through before I get vetted, so I will report back as it plays out as to how long it takes from that standing start to get a new account open and then get real $ in place at their promotional 3.15% rate. Compared to my current 2.50%, over the course of the promo that extra 65 basis points will be worth about $150 per $100K if I can get things in place before the end of the coming week -- seemed worth doing

March 3, 2018
10:34 pm
rfdm4g4g9
Members

Londonguy said
FWIW I applied online on Friday afternoon (Mar 2), including doing cheque image uploads of my $1 initial membership fee deposit to save the snail mail delay. I've also already downloaded their mobile app even though there's no account to sign into yet.

I don't know what other hoops they're going to make me jump through before I get vetted, so I will report back as it plays out as to how long it takes from that standing start to get a new account open and then get real $ in place at their promotional 3.15% rate. Compared to my current 2.50%, over the course of the promo that extra 65 basis points will be worth about $150 per $100K if I can get things in place before the end of the coming week -- seemed worth doing  

1. If your Equifax verification went on without any hitch, when you applied.
2. If the check you uploaded has your name pre-printed on it - and the image of the upload is all clear.

You wouldn't & shouldn't have any problems & things should be set up fast.

Not sure if they mail a package to your house with USER ID & bank card & PIN to set things up Online or if they send you a secure email to the registered email ID you gave, when you open the account.

Anyways let us know , what process you had to go through & how long it took you.

No permission to create posts

Please write your comments in the forum.