New article: The wonderful world of gold and its investment opportunities, part 2: the price and value of gold

BMO InvestorLine: Commission-free stock and ETF trades starting Sept 14, 2026 | Page 3 | BMO | Discussion forum

Please consider registering
guest
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope


Match



Forum Options



Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed Topic RSSsp_TopicIcon
BMO InvestorLine: Commission-free stock and ETF trades starting Sept 14, 2026
October 4, 2026
12:19 pm
AltaRed
BC Interior
Member
Members
Forum Posts: 3826
Member Since:
October 27, 2013
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

It is even better than that. I checked and I submitted on Sept 29th. The transferred equities were posted online in my account effective Oct 2nd. Publicly traded equities are easy to move. No dangling participles like there are for GICs et al.

BMOIL says they will cover a transfer out fee up to $200. I submitted evidence of that as a screenshot from my iTrade account yesterday ($157.50 including GST) via Secure Upload online. I will see what happens this coming week.

October 4, 2026
12:34 pm
canadian.100
Member
Members
Forum Posts: 1118
Member Since:
September 7, 2018
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

AltaRed said
It is even better than that. I checked and I submitted on Sept 29th. The transferred equities were posted online in my account effective Oct 2nd. Publicly traded equities are easy to move. No dangling participles like there are for GICs et al.  

Ok - so GICs will take more time - I do have GICs at iTrade - so maybe that is what will take weeks.

October 4, 2026
1:36 pm
AltaRed
BC Interior
Member
Members
Forum Posts: 3826
Member Since:
October 27, 2013
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

canadian.100 said

Ok - so GICs will take more time - I do have GICs at iTrade - so maybe that is what will take weeks.  

That is assuming BMOIL will take them. Did you first show BMOIL an iTrade statement showing your list? If BMOIL has no relationship with a particular issuer, they may not accept them in a transfer.

October 4, 2026
2:00 pm
canadian.100
Member
Members
Forum Posts: 1118
Member Since:
September 7, 2018
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

AltaRed said

That is assuming BMOIL will take them. Did you first show BMOIL an iTrade statement showing your list? If BMOIL has no relationship with a particular issuer, they may not accept them in a transfer.  

I had a brief phone call with BMOIL and I only asked about DYN6004 and DYN6005 which they said I could not transfer but should turn into cash and then transfer. Guess I need to phone IL to check re the GICs - I gather that I cannot go into a BMO branch with the iTrade statement to ask about such in regard to IL set up. If IL won't take the GICs, then I will need to keep at iTrade until maturity dates. I may drop the idea of moving to IL if the GICs can't be moved. Not worth the hassle.

October 4, 2026
2:20 pm
AltaRed
BC Interior
Member
Members
Forum Posts: 3826
Member Since:
October 27, 2013
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

A branch cannot tell you but a telephone call to BMOIL will confirm (or not) which ones can be transferred. The risk of 'no' is likely limited to a somewhat minor GIC issuer that iTrade carries but BMO IL does not. The usual suspects are common to virtually all big bank brokerages.

Top