Targeted Promotion, July 4 2018 | Tangerine Bank | Discussion forum

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

No permission to create posts
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
Targeted Promotion, July 4 2018
July 4, 2018
11:04 am
Cashen
Members
Forum Posts: 10
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Just got this in my email this afternoon.

"Hit 'Activate Now' to Earn 2.50% Interest on New Deposits to your Savings Account(s)"

Activate by July 31st and earn 2.50% on new deposits from July 4, 2018 to March 31, 2019. The reference date for the 'new money' balance is July 3rd.

July 4, 2018
12:10 pm
laura77
Members
Forum Posts: 9

Just got this as well and very happy about it!

For one, I was not offered the summer promotion and didn't bother calling in to bug them about it. So all my money was moved out to EQ and Hubert.
Two, It goes all the way until March 31, which is longer than any other promotion they've offered me. Happy I won't have to move money and call in three months from now!

July 4, 2018
2:59 pm
Kidd
Banned
Forum Posts: 840

March 31st 2019, EXCELLENT. Cashen and Laura77, thank you for these posts.

July 5, 2018
4:16 am
JenE
Members
Forum Posts: 416

I was looking to change my 2% cash back categories and discovered the following:

“You’re Eligible for a Special Interest Rate on Your Savings

A great savings rate could be just the thing you need to help you reach your savings goals faster. Here’s how you can start earning 2.75% interest* on new deposits to your Tangerine Savings Account(s), Tax-Free Savings Account(s) and RSP Savings Account(s):

Click the ‘Activate Now’ button below by July 31st
New deposits to your Applicable Accounts from July 4, 2018 to December 31, 2018 will earn your special rate of 2.75%

Once You’ve Activated, Here’s How It Will Work:

We’ll total up the balances of your eligible Savings, TFSA and RSP Savings Account(s) as they were on July 3, 2018 to get your total balances per Account Type
From July 4, 2018 to December 31, 2018, you’ll earn your special interest rate on new deposits over your total balances calculated on July 3, 2018 (up to $1,000,000 per Account Type.”

No email received re this so far.

July 5, 2018
6:01 am
davidgeorge
Members
Forum Posts: 294

Logged into my account and saw 2.75% rate until December 31, 2018.

July 5, 2018
8:49 am
Kidd
Banned

JenE... up too 1 million dollars. FANTASTIC... the limit used to be, 500k.

July 5, 2018
10:39 am
rhvic
Victoria, BC
Members
Forum Posts: 467

When I logged into my Tang account I go this note in the banner:

"Earn 2.50% Interest* on New Deposits to Your Savings Account(s) until November 30, 2018 "

Since I already have this deal, there is nothing new for me.

I expect that as December comes around, those on a deal such as this will get a new rate offer. (If not, my money is highly mobile!)

July 5, 2018
11:16 am
anitavirginia
Members
Forum Posts: 33

I currently have a retention offer of 2% up to Dec 1,

Has anyone been successful in getting this upgraded to the 2.5% offer?

Thanks

July 5, 2018
12:01 pm
Kidd
Banned

Anitavirginia. I believe most of the members in this forum recieved 2.5% until Nov. 30th 2018. Here is that thread.

https://www.highinterestsavings.ca/forum/tangerine-bank/2-5-promotion-rate-extension-to-nov-30-being-rolled-out-now/

July 5, 2018
12:58 pm
Bud
Banned
Forum Posts: 1375

Little pissed the last promo was told on phone it was an extension. They offered to escalate.. Anyone complain like this and got paid out?

July 5, 2018
1:00 pm
anitavirginia
Members

just tried calling again, and as I thought they would say, since I have this 2% so called promotion which I am not using since it is not competitive, they can not rescind that offer and give me this offer for new money .

Tired of this nonsense.

July 6, 2018
7:00 am
davidgeorge
Members
Forum Posts: 294

anitavirginia said
I currently have a retention offer of 2% up to Dec 1,

Has anyone been successful in getting this upgraded to the 2.5% offer?

Thanks  

I was offered 2% over the phone (I called Tang) on July 3 and I declined. On July 5, I got 2.75% (I didn't call) until December 31, 2018.

July 6, 2018
7:15 am
anitavirginia
Members

I'm happy for you DavidGeorge.

I wish I was smarter. I should have refused their 2% offer.

I had an offer from jan 12 to apr 11th, and when that expired they offered nothing .

On june 5th I called and the best they could offer was 2%. So I accepted it.

When I saw the posts here, I tried to get 2.75%. No luck.

Guess I will wait until Jan 2019, to see if I get a good offer then, but in the meantime, I will keep my savings balance at zero, and invest with someone else, who offers more than 2%.

July 6, 2018
7:26 am
Bud
Banned
Forum Posts: 1375

These Tang Simp promos are annoying should be like others put money in collect interest thats it..

July 7, 2018
9:19 pm
monju00
Members
Forum Posts: 21

They offered me till March 31 2019...umm. 2.50% too low! So I will not accept it!!

You’re Eligible for a Special Interest Rate on Your Savings

A great savings rate could be just the thing you need to help you reach your savings goals faster. Here’s how you can start earning 2.50% interest* on new deposits to your Tangerine Savings Account(s), Tax-Free Savings Account(s) and RSP Savings Account(s):

Click the ‘Activate Now’ button below by July 31st
New deposits to your Applicable Accounts from July 4, 2018 to March 31, 2019 will earn your special rate of 2.50%

Once You’ve Activated, Here’s How It Will Work:

We’ll total up the balances of your eligible Savings, TFSA and RSP Savings Account(s) as they were on July 3, 2018 to get your total balances per Account Type
From July 4, 2018 to March 31, 2019, you’ll earn your special interest rate on new deposits over your total balances calculated on July 3, 2018 (up to $1,000,000 per Account Type)
The rest of your Account balance will earn the current posted rate

Activate now and help your savings grow at your special rate. Remember, if you don't Activate, you won't receive this rate.

July 8, 2018
2:01 pm
Norman1
Members
Forum Posts: 6750

anitavirginia said

I wish I was smarter. I should have refused their 2% offer.

I had an offer from jan 12 to apr 11th, and when that expired they offered nothing .

On june 5th I called and the best they could offer was 2%. So I accepted it.

When I saw the posts here, I tried to get 2.75%. No luck.

rhvic wrote way back that Tangerine confirmed that. Once one is on an offer, one won't be considered for future offers until that offer expires.

Tangerine did swap a new-money offer for a slight lower entire-balance offer for me a while back. I received an offer for 2.54% on new deposits. I already had lots on deposit and wouldn't be able to take advantage of the offer. Customer agent agreed and was able to get me a 2% entire-balance offer instead.

July 10, 2018
10:18 am
moneyhelp
Members
Forum Posts: 273

rhvic said
When I logged into my Tang account I go this note in the banner:

"Earn 2.50% Interest* on New Deposits to Your Savings Account(s) until November 30, 2018 "

Since I already have this deal, there is nothing new for me.

I expect that as December comes around, those on a deal such as this will get a new rate offer. (If not, my money is highly mobile!)  

I am on the same offer until November 30th, so a few days before, move my money out, see what the new rate offer will be and move it back! If not, then as you, I will move it to either Hubert or Achieva.

July 10, 2018
11:59 am
Slybanking
Members
Forum Posts: 108

Tangerine now offer 2.75% on new client...

2.75%
For 6 Months
Here’s How It Works:

Right now, when you become a new Tangerine Client by October 31, 2018 and open your first Tangerine Savings Account, Tax-Free Savings Account or RSP Savings Account, you could earn 2.75% interest for six months**.

You’ll also earn this special interest rate on any deposits made into any subsequent Tangerine Savings Accounts, RSP Savings Accounts or Tax-Free Savings Accounts. For these Accounts, the rate will only apply for 6 months from the day you opened your first Savings Account with us.

July 12, 2018
11:26 am
Johnny CASH
Members
Forum Posts: 9

Never received any promo but called in today and asked for the 2.75% rate. I was offered 2.5% for 90 days and accepted. May keep money here or move back to Ideal Savings as my rate there is 2.5% until the end of the year. Getting tired of moving funds around so seriously considering moving money into BMO’s laddered preferred share ETF (ZPR) as interest rates are on the rise and this ETF roughly yields 3.87% and since are dividends are taxed more favourably.

July 12, 2018
2:28 pm
Bill
Members
Forum Posts: 3911

Johnny, I'm not familiar with ZPR but I assume you're aware rising rates can impact preferred share values.

I've got a buddy who liberated one of those life-sized Johnny Cash cardboard cutouts TD had at their branches when they brought in the ATMS, still in his basement. I love the old country music but never took to Cash, funny that.

No permission to create posts

Please write your comments in the forum.