Targeted offer for existing clients: 1.75% on new deposits until May 31, 2021 | Page 2 | Tangerine Bank | Discussion forum

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

No permission to create posts
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
Targeted offer for existing clients: 1.75% on new deposits until May 31, 2021
January 8, 2021
12:25 pm
Kidd
Banned
Forum Posts: 840
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Hubble said
What is the current offer for retention....Appears all above is for "new" money  

Hubble, call them. Let them know you are aware of the 1.75% offer and you would like the same... then you specify on ALL deposits, not just new money.

The choice here is yours. You can first ask... what's the best rate you can give me? (OR) i understand you are currently offering 1.75%...

January 8, 2021
1:26 pm
Bud
Banned
Forum Posts: 1375

Has anyone asked n gotten an upgrade from 1.5 to 1.75

January 8, 2021
3:53 pm
suburbs4life
Members
Forum Posts: 161

Bud said
Has anyone asked n gotten an upgrade from 1.5 to 1.75  

In the past, retention offers I have been given are lower than the Targeted promo offers. I doubt it would be any different this time.

January 8, 2021
3:55 pm
suburbs4life
Members

fbeaulie said

suburbs4life said
What a total surprise they gave me this offer and my fiancé. (...) Any ideas on how to go about declining this offer that won’t negatively influence future Tangerine offers? I would really like to get another offer starting in April after Simplii’s promo ends... 

My wife and I have been quite lucky because we have been on a somewhat different schedule for Tangerine offers and we don't care in which account our money is. My current offer ends at the end of Februrary and she just got this one that ends at the end of May. Il will likely have another one before her offer ends. The only issue is that we used not to care that much about CIDC protection limit but now we do (we added joint accounts to help).

Again, based on my experience, not accepting an offer should not have an adverse impact. That being said, no one here knows exactly how the algorithm that decides if you get an offer or not really works. Also, they could have changed some parameters recently and our previous experience could potentially now be totally irrelevant.  

Thanks for your thoughts. Just thought I would ask. Time will tell.

January 8, 2021
4:00 pm
COIN
Members
Forum Posts: 1109

Vatox said

It’s 0.1%,

That’s your retention offer.sf-wink  

LOL! Same with Simplii --- 0.1%. It's actually to encourage you to take your money and go away.

January 8, 2021
4:27 pm
Alexandre
Members
Forum Posts: 1107

COIN said

LOL! Same with Simplii --- 0.1%. It's actually to encourage you to take your money and go away.  

Just wait till negative interest rates appear.

January 8, 2021
4:34 pm
pooreva
Banned
Forum Posts: 440

Alexandre said

Just wait till negative interest rates appear.  

I have few shoe-boxes for sale if you decide to keep cash under the bed...

January 9, 2021
2:17 pm
savemoresaveoften
Members
Forum Posts: 2874

u guys think they do it in batches ? As in if not rec a promo yet, there is still hope they invite more to partake next week ?

January 9, 2021
3:12 pm
suburbs4life
Members

savemoresaveoften said
u guys think they do it in batches ? As in if not rec a promo yet, there is still hope they invite more to partake next week ?  

It appears they are sent at the beginning of the month normally. (Within the first week) In this case, It was just a trap promo on new money so if you transferred new money for Jan 1 st {new TFSA room) they wouldn’t have to pay higher interest. IMO

January 10, 2021
11:43 am
fbeaulie
Members
Forum Posts: 82

savemoresaveoften said

I don't recall having seen Tangerine doing it in batches but I might be wrong and they might have done something like that last October or November (I vaguely recall being somewhat surprised by something but I can't find exactly what it was - it could simply be that it took long for the offer to appear in my case).

May 21, 2021
2:55 pm
hwyc
GTA
Members
Forum Posts: 1167

The “Offer Period” (Jan 7, 2021 - May 31, 2021) of this 1.75% promo has been extended until July 15, 2021 <-- is it true ?

May 21, 2021
4:37 pm
smayer97
Members
Forum Posts: 787

Received same extension today! 😀

May 21, 2021
5:00 pm
COIN
Members

smayer97 said
Received same extension today! 😀  

Did you have to call them or did they contact you? Does the extension also apply to "old" money or only "new" money? (I really hate this old versus new money stuff).

May 21, 2021
5:48 pm
smayer97
Members
Forum Posts: 787

key excerpt from email received:

" Some continuing relief for your Savings

Your special 1.75%* rate has been extended until July 15, 2021

You may have been through a lot, but your Savings have been growing. And we think you deserve to be able to keep your Savings growing even longer. So we’ve extended your special 1.75%* interest rate until July 15, 2021. This rate will apply to all new deposits since January 7, 2021.

There’s nothing else you need to do. Your special rate will automatically be in place, so you can sit back and watch your savings grow."

May 21, 2021
6:13 pm
COIN
Members

No email from Tangerine so far (9:12PM, May 21st).

May 22, 2021
5:20 am
savemoresaveoften
Members
Forum Posts: 2874

Some of us has current promotion until Jun30. Thats prob why this batch has a hand picked end date of Jul 15.

May 22, 2021
6:39 am
Alexandre
Members
Forum Posts: 1107

smayer97 said
key excerpt from email received:

" Some continuing relief for your Savings

Your special 1.75%* rate has been extended until July 15, 2021

Don't you love when bank sends upbeat email like that? Especially, when it does not send it to you (i.e., to me).

So, because Tangerine didn't include me in this promo offer, this is how I read that email:

Don't count on getting special 1.75% rate.

You may have been through a lot, but your Savings have not been growing. And we think you do not deserve to be able to have your Savings growing. So we’ve decided not to offer you special 1.75% interest rate.

There’s nothing else you can do. Your special rate will not be in place, so you can sit back and watch your savings not grow.

May 22, 2021
7:13 am
bpwest
Members
Forum Posts: 83

Adding a 'data point'; I recently received the 1.75 % extension to July 15 (originally new money promo from Jan 7-May 31).

(offer was by email, unsolicited, and the update is now reflected in my 'Profiles & Settings/Bonuses & Contests', and was done automatically...no action required on my part)

I certainly would have moved on from Tang's .10% savings rate as the 31st neared, as I have done in the past, so this is delaying my departure...notwithstanding...

May 22, 2021
12:46 pm
LK
British Columbia, Canada
Members
Forum Posts: 195

savemoresaveoften said
Some of us has current promotion until Jun30. Thats prob why this batch has a hand picked end date of Jul 15.  

I'm in the June 30 group. 1.75% until June 30 on new deposits, which all are because I move money out of Tangerine a day or two prior to end of promo so that when the new promo comes, everything is "new money".

May 25, 2021
10:48 am
COIN
Members

My 1.75% promotion ends on May 31, 2021.

I called Tangerine earlier this morning and short story shorter.

"No extension for you."

No permission to create posts

Please write your comments in the forum.