Targeted offer for existing clients: 1.75% on new deposits until May 31, 2021 | Tangerine Bank | Discussion forum

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

No permission to create posts
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
Targeted offer for existing clients: 1.75% on new deposits until May 31, 2021
January 7, 2021
5:15 am
hwyc
GTA
Members
Forum Posts: 1165
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Anybody here got the new Tangerine *targeted* offer on *new* money ? Time to start new thread with details ?

... I checked but I didn't get it.

January 7, 2021
9:12 am
bpwest
Members
Forum Posts: 83

hwyc said
Anybody here got the new Tangerine *targeted* offer on *new* money ? Time to start new thread with details ?

... I checked but I didn't get it.  

Hey, hey, just got 1.75%, Jan 7-May 31, new money...so maybe check again? Good luck everyone...

January 7, 2021
11:21 am
Kidd
Banned
Forum Posts: 840
January 7, 2021
12:14 pm
lhsaid
Members
Forum Posts: 166

Yes, just got it.

January 7, 2021
12:45 pm
COIN
Members
Forum Posts: 1108

Got the offer via regular email. 1.75% is a bit below Canadian Tire's 1.80% but still pretty good. I think with Canadian Tire you lose one or two days interest when you do a withdrawal because you can't just write a cheque.

Question: What happens if you accept the offer but never actually deposit any funds or don't accept the offer? Are you "blacklisted" forever?

January 7, 2021
12:46 pm
Vatox
Members
Forum Posts: 1218

Didn’t get it. Don’t care either as my accounts are cleaned out and I have no intention of using Tang unless their GIC rates become competitive.

January 7, 2021
1:18 pm
Kidd
Banned

sorry remove this post

January 7, 2021
2:50 pm
Adam1
Members
Forum Posts: 59

I got the 1.75% offer from Tangerine as well (Jan 7 to May 31), but I'm ignoring it just like I did with the 2.00% offer I got last year in October also from Tangerine (Oct 7 to Feb 28).

Hopefully this trend will continue and I'll get the next targeted offer a few months later since I've not taken advantage of any recently. Well, at least since the 2.80% offer I accepted from Tangerine which was April 3 to August 31, 2020. I like how they pay the promotional interest every month along with the regular interest, unlike some.

I'm currently with Simplii's targeted offer which is from October 1, 2020 to March 31, 2021 for 2.30% with the promotional interest paid in a lump sum sometime in April 2021.

Adam

January 7, 2021
2:58 pm
Adam1
Members
Forum Posts: 59

COIN said
Got the offer via regular email. 1.75% is a bit below Canadian Tire's 1.80% but still pretty good. I think with Canadian Tire you lose one or two days interest when you do a withdrawal because you can't just write a cheque.

Question: What happens if you accept the offer but never actually deposit any funds or don't accept the offer? Are you "blacklisted" forever?  

Why would you be blacklisted? You're not abusing the offer by doing that.

I didn't accept the last targeted offer from Tangerine back in October 2020 for 2% and I also got this one, which I won't be accepting either. I'm getting a higher rate with Simplii until the end of March 2021.

I haven't deposited any money in Tangerine savings with the exception of money back rewards which are withdrawn the same day I get them, so that keeps my savings account active.

There's no point accepting the offer if you won't deposit funds. If anything, it probably would decrease the chances of future promotional interest rate offers since they have a record that you've accepted the promotional rate recently as an existing customer.

Adam

January 7, 2021
4:12 pm
Loonie
Members
Forum Posts: 9241

No joy here, but, if I got the offer, I think i would accept it. May is a long ways away.

January 7, 2021
5:53 pm
Slybanking
Members
Forum Posts: 108

I had an offer at 1.8% finishing Jan 2. I had a good amount there and transferred out everything on Jan 2. Haven't receive any new offer so far.

January 7, 2021
6:02 pm
Kidd
Banned

I WILL accept tangerine's 1.75% offer on "ALL" deposits in 2 weeks time, when my current promotion ends. Unless... they're willing to offer me something better???

It should make for an interesting telephone conversation. I'll need to use my thesaurus beforehand, looking for a more meaningful way to say, "you misguided simpleton"

Flattery always seems to work for me when dealing with service reps. I'm so looking forward to my next home insurance statement, "you poor excuse for a human being". I know my home insurance rates are sure to go down.

January 7, 2021
6:47 pm
Bill
Members
Forum Posts: 3919

COIN, not sure about forever, but I seem to recall some times (over the years) when I accepted an offer but moved money out anyway because I had better deals elsewhere and it took awhile before I began to get their offers again. Spouse might be in same situation now, she accepted offer last fall sometime but moved money out due to better deals elsewhere and she's been turned down on the phone recently plus not yet received this offer even though the phone agent had told her to wait for a possible offer soon (likely referring to this round of offers). They play, we play, sometimes they win, sometimes we win.

January 8, 2021
2:13 am
implode
Members
Forum Posts: 167

No love from Tangerine again. 4 months in a row of no offer (or is that 9 months as my last offer was back in May which ended at the end of September.) I would have only used it to park USD, but I won't since I wasn't presented with an offer.

January 8, 2021
8:10 am
suburbs4life
Members
Forum Posts: 161

What a total surprise they gave me this offer and my fiancé. I had less than a dollar in the account. It’s my first Targeted offer. However, it’s Much lower than Simplii’s promo so i will not bite. They should have given a better rate. Any ideas on how to go about declining this offer that won’t negatively influence future Tangerine offers? I would really like to get another offer starting in April after Simplii’s promo ends...

January 8, 2021
9:05 am
fbeaulie
Members
Forum Posts: 82

COIN said

Good offer for people in Quebec (like me and my wife) since the highest interest rate that we can currently get is 1.4% with LBC Digital.

Based on my experience, there is no "blacklist". Espcially in my wife's case, her agent (me!) did not always accept the offers that she was getting and she continued receiving offers after that. I do remember once accepting an offer "just in case" and never used it and we still got offers after that.

January 8, 2021
9:28 am
fbeaulie
Members
Forum Posts: 82

suburbs4life said
What a total surprise they gave me this offer and my fiancé. (...) Any ideas on how to go about declining this offer that won’t negatively influence future Tangerine offers? I would really like to get another offer starting in April after Simplii’s promo ends... 

My wife and I have been quite lucky because we have been on a somewhat different schedule for Tangerine offers and we don't care in which account our money is. My current offer ends at the end of Februrary and she just got this one that ends at the end of May. Il will likely have another one before her offer ends. The only issue is that we used not to care that much about CIDC protection limit but now we do (we added joint accounts to help).

Again, based on my experience, not accepting an offer should not have an adverse impact. That being said, no one here knows exactly how the algorithm that decides if you get an offer or not really works. Also, they could have changed some parameters recently and our previous experience could potentially now be totally irrelevant.

January 8, 2021
9:35 am
Hubble
Alberta
Members
Forum Posts: 39

What is the current offer for retention....Appears all above is for "new" money

January 8, 2021
11:28 am
Vatox
Members
Forum Posts: 1218

Hubble said
What is the current offer for retention....Appears all above is for "new" money  

It’s 0.1%,

That’s your retention offer.sf-wink

January 8, 2021
12:06 pm
implode
Members
Forum Posts: 167

Hence my balance is $0.00 with their current non-offering for the past few months.

Vatox said

It’s 0.1%,

That’s your retention offer.sf-wink  

No permission to create posts

Please write your comments in the forum.