Tangerine targeted earn 5% on new deposits until May 31, 2023 | Page 2 | Tangerine Bank | Discussion forum

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

No permission to create posts
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
Tangerine targeted earn 5% on new deposits until May 31, 2023
January 29, 2023
9:34 am
Parsimonious
Alberta/BC
Members
Forum Posts: 16
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Hello All, I had no current Tang promotional offer on 600K sitting in Tangerine HISA (last offer expired 12/31). Called Tang to transfer complete balance for purpose of investing elsewhere. I had no intention of negotiating a bonus offer but they were intent on keeping the money in Tang and offered 4% to stay. Too bad these targeted offers cannot be more transparent and available from Tang. I understand it (i think) but don't like it. Anyway, moved the money out for now to get prepared for GIC purchases.

January 29, 2023
9:41 am
COIN
Members
Forum Posts: 1108

Parsimonious said
I had no intention of negotiating a bonus offer but they were intent on keeping the money in Tang and offered 4% to stay. Too bad these targeted offers cannot be more transparent and available from Tang.   

I got a targeted offer at 4.75% (not 5%) good till May 31st.

January 29, 2023
9:47 am
HermanH
Members
Forum Posts: 1159

I had an HSBC promo expiring Jan 27 so I called Tang Jan 5 to ask about any offers. They told me to call back closer to the expiration date. I could not be bothered to try and waste an hour on hold. Mickey Mouse operation.

March 1, 2023
8:21 am
Bill
Members
Forum Posts: 3911

Update: There had been some discussion due to some wording re "Bank GIC" in the t&c about whether or not maturing GIC amounts qualified for the savings account promo rate when deposited on maturity. Wife's maturing Tangerine GIC deposited directly to joint savings account ended up getting 5% promo rate in February.

No permission to create posts

Please write your comments in the forum.