Tangerine targeted earn 5% on new deposits until May 31, 2023 | Tangerine Bank | Discussion forum

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

No permission to create posts
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
Tangerine targeted earn 5% on new deposits until May 31, 2023
January 10, 2023
4:50 am
hwyc
GTA
Members
Forum Posts: 1167
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Check your insight for details.

New deposits (from Jan 10 to May 31) earn 5% in Savings, TFSA, RSP Savings & US$ Savings Account(s). If offered, activate by Jan 31.

Good luck to all sf-smile

January 10, 2023
7:13 am
savemoresaveoften
Members
Forum Posts: 2875

hwyc said

New deposits (from Jan 10 to May 31) earn 5% in Savings, TFSA, RSP Savings & US$ Savings Account(s). If offered, activate by Jan 31.

ntg yet, again. I give up...

January 10, 2023
10:03 am
krwilson
Members
Forum Posts: 148

My wife got the offer this morning but I did not....so off goes some money to her!

January 10, 2023
10:42 am
HermanH
Members
Forum Posts: 1164

Or call and demand the same offer be made to you, as long as you live under the same household.

January 10, 2023
2:35 pm
mecassa
Members
Forum Posts: 17

I didn't get the Tangerine 5% offer, but my Dad did.

I got the Simplii 5% offer, but my Dad didn't.

It's like musical chairs.....

January 10, 2023
3:08 pm
Loonie
Members
Forum Posts: 9244

HermanH said
Or call and demand the same offer be made to you, as long as you live under the same household.  

You can demand all you want but they won't necessarily give it to you. I have had it work both ways.

January 10, 2023
4:39 pm
lisa
Members
Forum Posts: 34

Our offers were over end of December. No new offers for myself or my husband so we called. They offered him 3.25% and only offered me 3%. So living in the same household makes no difference. They like to play games!

January 10, 2023
7:08 pm
suburbs4life
Members
Forum Posts: 161

HermanH said

They declined my recent request for my wife to get the same 4.75% offer so not true unless you have a secret CSR phone extension to share.

January 11, 2023
1:21 am
HermanH
Members

Call back and try again, and again, with different CSR or managers, until you find one who agrees. It happened to me once, but I got the result I wanted by calling back. Be insistent, if they try to deny the existence of the policy. You might also wish to try online chat to get denials/approvals in writing, in order to take it up with the complaint department. Otherwise, I have not been disappointed on other requests to match offers.

January 11, 2023
9:16 am
Bill
Members
Forum Posts: 3921

I'm not one to "demand" anything of anyone, but I did call Tangerine to find out about this matching family members offers idea. I was told that if a person gets an offer from the marketing dept via logging in or by email then that's just for that person whereas if someone calls in and get a phone offer (didn't ask about chat as I don't do that) and accepts it then it can be applied to other family member too.

Wife got the 5% to April 30 marketing solicitation, not me, so when I asked today the offer for me was 3.25% for 6 months. I thanked her for her time and the offer but declined.

January 11, 2023
12:10 pm
HermanH
Members

Bill said
I was told that if a person gets an offer from the marketing dept via logging in or by email then that's just for that person whereas if someone calls in and get a phone offer (didn't ask about chat as I don't do that) and accepts it then it can be applied to other family member too.

Not the case for me. Family member got the offer via insights and I was able to get the same offer extended to me under the same Family/Household policy.

January 11, 2023
7:34 pm
COIN
Members
Forum Posts: 1109

hwyc said

I'm only getting 4.75%. Are you a new client? I just checked my Insight and there is no 5% offer.

January 11, 2023
8:41 pm
HighInterestWinner
Ontario
Members
Forum Posts: 23

COIN said

I'm only getting 4.75%. Are you a new client? I just checked my Insight and there is no 5% offer.  

Usually if you are already enrolled in an offer. You do not get a new one until the one you have is expired. But also I am not sure if tangerine is offering 5% for returning customers. But my mom got an offer to open a Business savings account that was offering 5.25% so it is possible.

January 11, 2023
10:03 pm
Norman1
Members
Forum Posts: 6766

Tangerine Bank is offering 5% on new money to existing customers. hwyc is an existing customer to be able to sign in and see the offer in the Insights part of Tangerine's online banking.

January 12, 2023
8:31 am
COIN
Members
Forum Posts: 1109

Norman1 said
Tangerine Bank is offering 5% on new money to existing customers. hwyc is an existing customer to be able to sign in and see the offer in the Insights part of Tangerine's online banking.  

I called Tang and the agent said that some clients get 5% and some get 4.75% and that's life.

January 12, 2023
8:46 am
Norman1
Members
Forum Posts: 6766

Yes, the 5% offer on new money to existing customers is targeted as well as the 4¾% offer on all money.

January 12, 2023
1:09 pm
hwyc
GTA
Members

Good thing I didn't call to invoke the same household whatever. I got the 4.75% for full balance earlier, then my wife got this 5% for new deposit

…only thing, I need to look elsewhere for a TFSA offer.

January 21, 2023
12:27 pm
Bill
Members

Spouse bought a 6-month Tangerine GIC, maturing this week.

She's on the 5% promo deal, terms and conditions suggest to me that depositing it to her savings account will earn 5% promo rate on matured amount.

But there's also an example in the t&c that money coming from a "Bank GIC" doesn't qualify for the promo. Anyone know?

January 21, 2023
1:14 pm
hwyc
GTA
Members

T&C Exclusions 10 (b) is quite clear. I am in the same situation - GIC maturing by end of month. I will not let that money (directly) transfer to an applicable account.

January 21, 2023
4:28 pm
Bill
Members

Thanks, hwyc, seems to be the case. Changed the Maturity Options to be deposited into joint chequing account as deposit to outside FI option appeared not to be working even though it was shown as an option. Probably will move it from chequing to outside FI and then back to Tangerine to be double-sure they count it as a new money when it comes back in.

No permission to create posts

Please write your comments in the forum.