Tangerine Summer 2017 promotion | Page 4 | Tangerine Bank | Discussion forum

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
Tangerine Summer 2017 promotion
July 5, 2017
7:24 am
DevPatel
Members
Forum Posts: 26
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

I did not receive any email or any notification when I log in. But the offer is there when I open the savings account page. However this got me worried, I got this from the Learn more link below the offer.

The Tangerine Bank (the "Bank") Savings Interest Offer of 2.97% (the "Offer") has been calculated based on interest rates current as of July 05, 2017 and is available to existing Tangerine Clients who: (1) receive the Offer by email directly from the Bank; and/or (2) receive a notification that they are eligible to participate in the Offer when they log in on the Bank's website ("Eligible Clients").

July 5, 2017
7:27 am
toto
Members
Forum Posts: 306

I didn't get promotion this time. My husband took the 2.5 offer for 3 months , but I didn't and moved money out.

July 5, 2017
7:33 am
Rick
Members
Forum Posts: 1110

I see different rates to different customers again. 3.22, 3.1, 2.97, 2.3, 2.25. I wonder if the amount you have in the account is a indicator of your offer. More you have the greater the incentive.

July 5, 2017
7:39 am
Rick
Members

DevPatel said
I did not receive any email or any notification when I log in. But the offer is there when I open the savings account page. However this got me worried, I got this from the Learn more link below the offer.

The Tangerine Bank (the "Bank") Savings Interest Offer of 2.97% (the "Offer") has been calculated based on interest rates current as of July 05, 2017 and is available to existing Tangerine Clients who: (1) receive the Offer by email directly from the Bank; and/or (2) receive a notification that they are eligible to participate in the Offer when they log in on the Bank's website ("Eligible Clients").  

I doubt that they would make the offer on the savings page then pull the rug out on a technicality after you move your money in. You could turn that into a PR nightmare. I checked all my promo emails from the last year or so and the all arrived at exactly 10:54 AM on the 5th. Bet the email will show up today as will the notification when you log in.

July 5, 2017
7:41 am
semi-retired
Members
Forum Posts: 232

New offer this morning 3.22% Last offer was 2.81%.Had moved savings to checking on June 29.Very happy with offer,highest yet.

July 5, 2017
7:56 am
semi-retired
Members
Forum Posts: 232

Rick said
I see different rates to different customers again. 3.22, 3.1, 2.97, 2.3, 2.25. I wonder if the amount you have in the account is a indicator of your offer. More you have the greater the incentive.  

The total in the account doesn't seem to matter.I received the max 3.22% but account total was < 100000.

July 5, 2017
8:08 am
Joe
Banned
Forum Posts: 207

3.1% for me...woohoo. Pulled the money back from EQ, after having pulled it to EQ last week.

Tangerine....Canada's best bank. LBC.............Canada's 2nd best bank.
Hubert.....worst bank in Canada.

July 5, 2017
8:11 am
FMC
Members
Forum Posts: 14

Rick said

You posted this @ 0549. I checked Tang @ 0600... no offer. Was also going to move it out but decided to wait. Checked again @ 0630 and was offered 3.22 until Sep 30. Was definitely not expecting a better rate than the spring promo. Wife did not get an offer this time. Yes...I parked it in the checking from Monday until today.  

Just checked again. Still saying 0.8% in account details. Nothing posted in the My contest entries and Bonuses section either.

Thx

July 5, 2017
8:34 am
DevPatel
Members
Forum Posts: 26

Rick said

I doubt that they would make the offer on the savings page then pull the rug out on a technicality after you move your money in. You could turn that into a PR nightmare. I checked all my promo emails from the last year or so and the all arrived at exactly 10:54 AM on the 5th. Bet the email will show up today as will the notification when you log in.  

You were absolutely right, I see it now.

July 5, 2017
8:54 am
bpwest
Members
Forum Posts: 83

Yay, 3.1% for me! (2.97% last time) . I had moved monies to my linked PC Financial, as not comfortable moving just to Tang Chq'ing; I'm in the 'never know when Tangarine might change the rules' camp...i.e. take snapshot of total savings and chequing balances.

Also, does transferring out, as opposed to transferring just to chequing show Tang. you are serious?? Transferring out, and then back is a pain, but...

July 5, 2017
8:58 am
Slybanking
Members
Forum Posts: 108

Did not get any email but my son, my wife and me we all got 3.22% when we open our web sessions.
Now moving everything back from checking to savings accounts.

July 5, 2017
8:59 am
AdrenalineTrade
Members
Forum Posts: 41

Jan promo for me was 3.25%. April promo was 3.21%. Today I just received the offer upon login of 2.78%. I had more than 200K in there each time, but the amount of interest offered doesn't seem to be linked to the amount in the account. Better than 2.3% at EQ so moving my money back today. Darn...was hoping for at 3% again, but already had it twice this year so can't complain.
Cheers!
J

July 5, 2017
9:04 am
Brimleychen
Members
Forum Posts: 258

I got 3.22% today after I moved out money last Friday. The game is continuingsf-surprised
---->
Sorry for the interruption, but we couldn't wait to let you know that you've qualified for a special interest rate offer.

New deposits, up to $500,000, to your Tangerine Savings Account(s) and Tax-Free Savings Accounts made from Jul 05, 2017 to Sep 30, 2017 will earn 3.22% interest* until Sep 30, 2017.

Make the most of this special rate while it's available.

---->

July 5, 2017
9:29 am
-bsv-
Members
Forum Posts: 37

semi-retired said
New offer this morning 3.22% Last offer was 2.81%.Had moved savings to checking on June 29.Very happy with offer,highest yet.  

Exactly same story. The only difference - not with my account, but with my wife's. I had 2.81%, moved money on 1st to chequing, and got nothing. She got 3.22%, so all the money went to her account, until September 30st 🙂

July 5, 2017
9:55 am
RicksBank
Alberta
Members
Forum Posts: 166

My email offer for 3.10% arrived just now at 10:46am MDT. I had moved my > $100k to chequing on the 30th. My previous offer was 2.83%.

My daughter doesn't have a chequing account so her ~$35k was moved to another bank. I don't know her fate yet.

July 5, 2017
9:56 am
moneyhelp
Members
Forum Posts: 273

Received 2.97% offer this morning, from my last offer of 2.81% on balance less than $100K and money was moved out to Achieva on July 4th leaving balance at $0 in Tangerine savings account.

Looks like I'm moving my $ back sf-smile Only I need to wait until the money at Achieva arrives and is not in "holding" status, as I did that last time and was charged $5.00 fee for transferring NSF sf-confused

Question, as I didn't receive an answer from last post. In the event that I would not have received an offer, I know many people call in to ask for a better rate, but does anyone know if online chatting instead of calling in would yield a better chance for a better rate or does calling in better your chances?

July 5, 2017
10:03 am
moneyhelp
Members
Forum Posts: 273

RicksBank said
My email offer for 3.10% arrived just now at 10:46am MDT.

How can you tell what time it sent? I look at my offer message but there is no time stamp

July 5, 2017
10:05 am
Rick
Members

moneyhelp said
Question, as I didn't receive an answer from last post. In the event that I would not have received an offer, I know many people call in to ask for a better rate, but does anyone know if online chatting instead of calling in would yield a better chance for a better rate or does calling in better your chances?  

I've tried calling, chatting, begging, threatening and using facts. Nothing gave as good results as just waiting for the promo. I would say that it's a crap shoot either way. Depends on who you talk to and what kind of mood they're in. Don't bother with either anymore.

July 5, 2017
10:07 am
Rick
Members

How can you tell what time it sent? I look at my offer message but there is no time stamp  

I used my email program (Thunderbird), not the Tang website. It lists by date and time received.

July 5, 2017
10:13 am
RicksBank
Alberta
Members
Forum Posts: 166

moneyhelp said

I only mentioned the time because somebody else did. These days sent times and received times are usually within the same minute. What you see depends on your mail client program but most have options to show or hide columns in the view or even to show the full ugly headers.

Please write your comments in the forum.