Tangerine - January 2020 Offer | Page 2 | Tangerine Bank | Discussion forum

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

No permission to create posts
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
Tangerine - January 2020 Offer
January 8, 2020
12:51 pm
Alexandre
Members
Forum Posts: 1109
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Vatox said
Not sure what Tang expects from TFSA, because after the offer runs out the 1.1% is pathetic  

Tangerine interest rate is now 1.05%. Do they beg people to move money out of their bank, or what?

January 8, 2020
1:10 pm
lancedragons
Members
Forum Posts: 16

No offer for me or my SO, will transfer out for Simplii 2.8% which is until April 30

January 8, 2020
5:22 pm
Joe
Banned
Forum Posts: 207

pooreva said
does not make difference and it might put you into higher tax bracket.  

Oh Boy

Tangerine....Canada's best bank. LBC.............Canada's 2nd best bank.
Hubert.....worst bank in Canada.

January 8, 2020
5:25 pm
Joe
Banned

savemoresaveoften said
lbc digital 3.3 simplii 2.8, motive 2.8. Just drop Tangerine the easy no brainer decision  

What are their USD rates?

January 8, 2020
6:49 pm
Rick
Members
Forum Posts: 1110

Alexandre said

Vatox said
Not sure what Tang expects from TFSA, because after the offer runs out the 1.1% is pathetic  

Tangerine interest rate is now 1.05%. Do they beg people to move money out of their bank, or what?  

They just lure you in with promo rates, then hope you forget about it when the promo is over. Probably catch a few that are unaware that their transfer fee will wipe out any promo interest you've earned.

January 8, 2020
10:00 pm
implode
Members
Forum Posts: 167

Aww. This January offer is so much better than my December offer. I would have liked to have US$ account with the December offer. When my 3% USD GIC matures in a few days, it will be moving away from Tangerine too. ATM, I don't even qualify for my December offer as Tangerine's doesn't compare some other offers.

January 9, 2020
1:30 am
Loonie
Members
Forum Posts: 9245

Rick said

They just lure you in with promo rates, then hope you forget about it when the promo is over. Probably catch a few that are unaware that their transfer fee will wipe out any promo interest you've earned.  

No doubt; and they also want your contact info so they can try to get you to sign up for other products - which may be way more lucrative for them. It's marketing; that's all.

And let's not forget that a significant number of people would not be able to figure out what difference it really makes.
I'm frequently amazed at the number of people who can't do basic arithmetic - or shy away from it.

January 9, 2020
6:31 am
Yatti420
Canada
Members
Forum Posts: 413

My current promo expires end of January.. Would love a new offer..

January 9, 2020
7:32 am
Bill
Members
Forum Posts: 3922

To give a positive view, I've made a lot of extra interest over the years due to promotions, as have many other people, and many of us are appreciative of the extra dough. And they can have my info if they like, I'm can easily handle marketing and am actually happy to hear of offers that might interest me, as I know are many other people too. And I quite easily can figure out the difference it makes, I'm good at arithmetic, and I'm amazed at how many other people are too. Lots of us are quite adept at taking advantage of the various promos out there.

January 9, 2020
5:28 pm
Joe
Banned

Bill said
To give a positive view, I've made a lot of extra interest over the years due to promotions, as have many other people, and many of us are appreciative of the extra dough. And they can have my info if they like, I'm can easily handle marketing and am actually happy to hear of offers that might interest me, as I know are many other people too. And I quite easily can figure out the difference it makes, I'm good at arithmetic, and I'm amazed at how many other people are too. Lots of us are quite adept at taking advantage of the various promos out there.  

You sir are winning!!!

January 10, 2020
3:58 pm
dougjp
Members
Forum Posts: 575

Yatti420 said
My current promo expires end of January.. Would love a new offer..  

When you want one, they refuse to give it to you. That's been my experience. I go elsewhere, wait for months, and guess what, along comes another offer!

I mean really. How stupid can they be. Money lost that could have easily been retained. Much of it lost forever.

The main accomplishment of almost all organized protests is to
annoy people who are not in them.

January 20, 2020
3:33 pm
bird
Members
Forum Posts: 21

What a nuisance, this bank! After jumping through hoops to open a US$ account last summer when they promised that the 6 month rate will start when the money is in, it started the moment the account was opened. Then I had trouble with login, but tech support cannot be contacted directly - it must get a report from a rep first then wait up to 2 weeks. I signed up for email notices of promos - nothing! Promos after login only I was told. I finally manage to login - no promos! I never transferred any cash and I guess it will remain at $0...Too bad $US rates are so bad even in the US...

February 1, 2020
7:33 pm
GoHabs
Members
Forum Posts: 27

I also received the 2.75% on new monies offer till May 31, good also on US. I did not expect any offer this round as I had called when my previous offer was ending and given a rate I didn't like.

Does anyone know when Tangerine's end of year is? I'm wondering if it's Jan 31 and that's why they gave these offers in Jan.

February 1, 2020
8:41 pm
LeBronBMT
Members
Forum Posts: 59

Joe said

Wrong...I only seem to get half of them, or every second one, so when that happens I move my money out to LB or Meridian or Manulife or whoever has a great offer. I never go crying for a retainer rate. It's called playing the game ,Have been playing it for over 5 years, and usually has to be done every 6 months or so.Moving money in/out of Tangerine takes less time then coming on this forum and whining about it.  

Still, calling Tangerine the best bank in Canada is cringeworthy. Especially on a high interest savings account forum.

February 1, 2020
9:32 pm
Bud
Banned
Forum Posts: 1375

whose gettin 2.75 whose gettin 2.5 random call-in?

February 2, 2020
6:08 am
krwilson
Members
Forum Posts: 148

I received no offer this time, but my wife received the offer posted below. Needless to say our monies are with Motive since it is 2.8% without strings attached....plus a little higher rate.

* The offer outlined here is valid from February 1, 2020 to June 30, 2020 (the “Promotion Period”) and is only available to Eligible Clients who receive this communication directly from Tangerine and/or receive a similar notification that they’re eligible when they log in on the Tangerine website. This rate offer is only available to Eligible Clients on combined balances of $50,000 or more in their eligible non-registered Tangerine Savings Account(s) (“Applicable Accounts”) to a maximum balance of $1,000,000 in all Applicable Accounts combined (“Eligible Balances”) during the Promotion Period. Promotional Interest rate of 2.75% per annum will apply to Eligible Balances and be calculated daily at close of business (ET) during the Promotion Period and paid monthly (in two separate interest payments). Combined balances in the Applicable Accounts below $50,000 and combined balances in the Applicable Accounts above $1,000,000 will earn interest at the then current Posted Rate, which can be viewed here. Can’t be combined with any other promotional rate offers for non-registered Savings Accounts. Offer may change or be cancelled without notice.

February 2, 2020
6:49 am
dougjp
Members
Forum Posts: 575

A minimum balance, that's new.

The main accomplishment of almost all organized protests is to
annoy people who are not in them.

February 2, 2020
7:49 am
fbeaulie
Members
Forum Posts: 82

dougjp said
A minimum balance, that's new.  

Last Summer/Fall:Tangerine.JPG

February 2, 2020
12:52 pm
moneyhelp
Members
Forum Posts: 273

Loonie said
I have happy memories of ING, when it was the ONLY bank offering superior rates.   

I'm curious, what kind of rates were they offering and did they do any kind of promo rate or what it one flat rate always?

February 2, 2020
1:01 pm
moneyhelp
Members
Forum Posts: 273

LeBronBMT said

Still, calling Tangerine the best bank in Canada is cringeworthy. Especially on a high interest savings account forum.  

I agree, but I will say the one thing Tangerine does have better than even the large 5 banks is the UI in their online banking and mobile apps. Far superior with respect to aesthetics and intuitiveness. I say that with a large respect, because I work in IT and I always look at that; and although I would agree that's the least important aspect compared to rates, features, options, etc., but I do believe that is a VERY important part of it...you can see they have invested largely in tech, I just wish they would invest in customer's loyalty with better sustainable rates...just needed to add that.

No permission to create posts

Please write your comments in the forum.