New article: The wonderful world of gold and its investment opportunities, part 2: the price and value of gold

Tangerine in account 4.75% savings offer to De31/26, Targeted. YMMV. | Tangerine Bank | Discussion forum

Please consider registering
guest
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope


Match



Forum Options



Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed Topic RSSsp_TopicIcon
Tangerine in account 4.75% savings offer to De31/26, Targeted. YMMV.
October 6, 2026
8:28 pm
Corange
Member
Members
Forum Posts: 19
Member Since:
May 21, 2021
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

I had gotten a 4.25% offer from Tangerine back in August by email, but had recently moved my money to BMO after signing up for a 4 month promotion at 4.75%. Got another one in September at 4.5% by email, also never accepted since BMO promotion wasn't going to be done until half way through the period and I was curious if I'd get a third one this month. I had not received an email but when logging in today I checked my offers and had a 4.75% one today. BMO promotion expires tomorrow so perfect timing!
Not sure how declining offers affects the lottery; maybe they are offering this to most people who are not an a current offer. I have discovered that if you take ANY offer you can't get any other offers, even if you call in (though that might depend a bit on the agent) so I think it's a good idea to decline offers that are of little interest in hopes of a future one that's better.

October 7, 2026
12:41 pm
Bill
Member
Members
Forum Posts: 4314
Member Since:
September 11, 2013
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Wife was on tiered rates to Sept 30, never used it as rates were low, just got 4.25% on new money to Dec 31. First offer for her since July 2025 after years of regular promo offers, eventually they come back to you.

October 7, 2026
2:45 pm
AR
Member
Members
Forum Posts: 102
Member Since:
August 20, 2019
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Logged into Tangerine to find 4.75% savings offer to De31/26. Did so because the previous one just ended. T&C seems more expansive than ever, copied from in account activation. Confirmation email shows no attachment, no T&C, just confirmation.

October 7, 2026
7:01 pm
COIN
Member
Members
Forum Posts: 1589
Member Since:
March 15, 2019
sp_UserOnlineSmall Online

Who do you guys have to "kill" to get all these offers? Or, is it because you don't have a "foreign sounding" name? I'm starting to suspect something sinister going on here.

This "lottery" thing is getting rediculous. It's comparable to walking into a grocery store and the price of milk is $1.00 for some people (the "chosen" ones) and $1.50 for the rest.

Maybe long overdue for the Competition Bureau and/or some other governing bodies to launch an investigation?

Offer the same rate for all or to none.

Top