Summer Savings 2016 Promotion | Page 2 | Tangerine Bank | Discussion forum

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

No permission to create posts
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
Summer Savings 2016 Promotion
July 6, 2016
1:33 am
implode
Members
Forum Posts: 167
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

I got offered 3.25%. I wouldn't have even logged onto Tangerine's site if not for this thread :) Time to initiate transfer back into Tangerine.

July 6, 2016
9:03 am
bpwest
Members
Forum Posts: 86

My 6 month 2.4% welcome to Tangerine offer ended June 27, so I transferred from Tanga savings to chqing on June 28, wrote a cheque to myself same day, and deposited to my PC Financial acct, 2.25% from June - Aug., new deposits. I didn't bother to call Tangerine CSR... I received Tanga summer promo on July 5, 2.54% only sf-frown, but still better than PC Fin, so may bring PC money back to Tanga right away. Interesting twist, by writing cheque vs. transferring via linked accts, I got money to PC Fin immediately, earning interest, and continue to earn interest in Tanga chequing acct, at .75% (in excess of 6 figures), as cheque still hasn't cleared, 9 days later!sf-smile

July 7, 2016
10:52 am
Rick
Members
Forum Posts: 1110

Logged in using my wife's account (secondary account holder) and there was the 3.25% offer. Tried logging in under my account (primary account holder), still no offer. Tried chatting with Julie the CSR:

Julie, 10:13:05 AM
Thank you. How can I help you today?

You, 10:13:43 AM
My wife and I have a savings, checking, creditcard and LoC with Tangerine...

Julie, 10:14:00 AM
Yes, I do see all of your Accounts here.

You, 10:14:00 AM
she is the secondary account holder...

You, 10:14:33 AM
and she received an offer for the 3.25% summer promo on the savings account

You, 10:14:43 AM
I did not

You, 10:15:11 AM
Terms and conditions state you must be primary account holder for the offer

Julie, 10:15:22 AM
Yes, that's right.

Julie, 10:15:33 AM
Does she have a Savings Account in her name only or just the joint one?

You, 10:15:44 AM
So how do we take advantage of the offer if she is secondary

You, 10:15:51 AM
just the joint one

Julie, 10:16:00 AM
I see.

Julie, 10:16:56 AM
If she's the secondary Account holder on your Account, the 3.25% rate unfortunately wouldn't apply to that Account. But if she opens a new Savings Account and then, makes it joint with you (that way, she would be the primary on the new Account), you'd be able to take advantage of the offer.

You, 10:18:37 AM
Sounds like a lot of trouble to manage extra accounts. Why would I not get the offer as primary account holder?

Julie, 10:19:49 AM
We do offer different promotions to different Clients. Without seeing your wife's file, I can't say why she would've received an offer and you didn't.

You, 10:22:02 AM
Well...we are joint account holders. We are not going to open separate accounts. How can I and why didn't I get the offer?

Julie, 10:23:24 AM
We target different Clients for offers at different times. I can't say why you weren't targeted this time around. I apologize that you were missed and I'll forward your comments to the department concerned.

You, 10:24:53 AM
Perhaps because the bank I transferred it to does not have joint accounts and it is in her name

Julie, 10:25:43 AM
Where we don't have access to how your external accounts are set up, that wouldn't have played a part in it.

You, 10:26:31 AM
Sounds like you aren't able to help me move the funds back into Tangerine Julie.

Julie, 10:27:03 AM
You always have the option to open another Savings Account as I mentioned, but if you don't wish to do so, that's really up to you.

You, 10:29:36 AM
Sorry...we have too many accounts/log-ins/passwords to keep track of already, so not really sure why you would send and offer to a secondary account holder and not the primary one.

Julie, 10:30:41 AM
As I mentioned, our Marketing team offers different offers to different Clients. The offer your wife received is a targeted offer for her. I can't say why you weren't targeted.

You, 10:32:41 AM
OK...I guess the cash stays where it is unless I am offered something better than .8%. Thanx anyway Julie

Julie, 10:32:53 AM
You're welcome

Julie, 10:33:07 AM
Is there anything else I can help you with today?

You, 10:33:50 AM
Weren't much help to begin with, but thanx anyway. Have a good day

Julie, 10:34:10 AM
Sorry I couldn't do more for you. Thanks for chatting with me and enjoy the rest of your day.

You, 10:35:02 AM
Really wish you guys would quit with the gimmicky promos and just go back to offering better all-around rates. You have a good day too.

Julie, 10:35:23 AM
I'll forward your comments to the department concerned.

You, 10:35:58 AM
I'm sure there will be no effect of that. Bye!

sf-yell

July 7, 2016
2:13 pm
bpwest
Members
Forum Posts: 86

And this is why I don't call a CSR, such as Rick and many others have; regarding Tanga's multiple targeted bonus rates; very frustrating to say the least!! But the cumulative 'feedback' may be useful, should Tanga receive enough calls from disgruntled customers. BTW, I have called re: my missing $25 bonus for setting up an ASP; was told if $25 didn't show up in 10 days, to call back...rest assured that I will...

July 7, 2016
2:25 pm
2of3aintbad
Members
Forum Posts: 317

Cashen said

When I logged into Tangerine this morning I saw the following:

You're earning a special rate! From Jul 05, 2016 to Sep 30, 2016, your interest rate on up to $500,000 in net new deposits to your Tangerine Savings Account(s) and Tangerine Tax-Free Savings Account(s) is 3.1% (This Offer applies where you're the primary Account holder).

Sigh ... offer indeed available from July 5, but the email 'A special interest rate for you' just arrived this afternoon about 5 PM, 2 and a half days later.

July 7, 2016
10:22 pm
RicksBank
Alberta
Members
Forum Posts: 166

I screwed up. I meant to move my money out when the promo expired at the end of June, but I've been busy and hadn't quite figured out how to move the $150k back to EQ. The email offer arrived this morning for 3.5% on new deposits. Oh well, back to EQ for 2.25%.

July 9, 2016
11:49 am
SavingIsGood
Banned
Forum Posts: 215

I am little bit sick of this promos offered to 'selected' customers. They did not want to budge after few chat sessions so tomorrow I am moving all my $ to another fin. inst. even though I will get lower interest (1.7% vs. 2%).
That is 'correct' way to treat customers who believed in new bank and new technology at that time...

July 9, 2016
12:27 pm
Norman1
Members
Forum Posts: 6777

RicksBank said

I screwed up. I meant to move my money out when the promo expired at the end of June, but I've been busy and hadn't quite figured out how to move the $150k back to EQ. The email offer arrived this morning for 3.5% on new deposits. Oh well, back to EQ for 2.25%.

If you aren't able move the entire $150K back to EQ Bank, Tangerine is willing to switch one of the new-money offers for an entire-balance offer. I'm one of the later EQ Bank clients and have the $100,000 maximum (not the earlier $500,000 maximum).

I logged onto the Tangerine's site and was offered 2.54% on new money. I called and asked if I could have a different offer for my entire balance. If I were to double my balance, it would only be 1.67% overall.sf-frown I was offered 2% on my entire balance for 90 days.

July 9, 2016
1:08 pm
Winnie
Ontario
Members
Forum Posts: 463

SavingIsGood said

I am little bit sick of this promos offered to 'selected' customers. They did not want to budge after few chat sessions so tomorrow I am moving all my $ to another fin. inst. even though I will get lower interest (1.7% vs. 2%).
That is 'correct' way to treat customers who believed in new bank and new technology at that time...

I fully agree with you and I also believed in ING from 1998.
Last month, after my 90 days 2% expired, I called Tangerine and received an answer "no new promos for you". That was the last time I played any promos games with Tangerine.
I immediately moved out ALL my money from Tangerine and decided not to call them ever again regarding any promotions, period. I simple stopped to play Tangerine promos games.

When on July 5, I received an 3.5% offer from Tangerine, I did not immediately "jumped" on that offer and did not moved up to $500,000 to Tangerine, not at all. Instead, I only moved in $6,000 because I need to pay my Tangerine MC next week.

August 21, 2016
6:44 pm
rfdm4g4g9
Members
Forum Posts: 252

My 2 % with Tangerine is getting over on August 30.

Should I get it extended for 90 more days ?

Or should I move the money and wait for some offer like this to come around, which is way more than 2% ?

Last time I extended my 2 % offer for 90 more days so I had no chance of being offered a targeted offer like 3 % etc.

August 21, 2016
8:12 pm
toto
Members
Forum Posts: 306

I've only got targeted 3 percent when I turn the 2 percent offer down, that's just my experience. I'm on a 3.25 percent offer until end of September.
I have played their game for the past year and a half and have collected a lot of interest off tangerine.

August 22, 2016
9:46 am
Bill
Members
Forum Posts: 3930

rfdm4g4g9, are you saying Tangerine has offered to extend your 2% for another 90 days? Or are you just assuming they will?

No permission to create posts

Please write your comments in the forum.