Summer Savings 2016 Promotion | Tangerine Bank | Discussion forum

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

No permission to create posts
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
Summer Savings 2016 Promotion
July 5, 2016
6:55 am
Cashen
Members
Forum Posts: 10
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

When I logged into Tangerine this morning I saw the following:

You're earning a special rate! From Jul 05, 2016 to Sep 30, 2016, your interest rate on up to $500,000 in net new deposits to your Tangerine Savings Account(s) and Tangerine Tax-Free Savings Account(s) is 3.1% (This Offer applies where you're the primary Account holder).

July 5, 2016
7:51 am
ertyu
Members
Forum Posts: 134

I'm seeing the same thing.

July 5, 2016
8:00 am
Winnie
Ontario
Members
Forum Posts: 463

I also just logged into Tangerine:

"Whether you’ve been setting your money aside in a Tangerine Savings Account, Tax-Free Savings Account, or both, you should feel good about what you’ve saved. You’ve earned the opportunity to keep your savings growing at a special interest rate of 3.50% this summer. Starting July 5th, any new deposits you make to your Tangerine Savings Account(s) and/or Tax-Free Savings Account(s) will earn 3.50% interest until September 30, 2016.

* 3.50% interest rate Offer is current as of July 5, 2016 and is calculated by adding the Bank’s current applicable Posted Rate with the Additional Interest rate of 2.70%. The Offer is only applicable to Tangerine Savings Accounts and Tangerine Tax-Free Savings Accounts (“Applicable Accounts”) from July 5, 2016 to September 30, 2016. A number of the same type of Applicable Accounts is defined as an “Applicable Account Type”. Additional Interest will apply to net new Eligible Deposits of up to $500,000 per Applicable Account Type for Clients who have received this email directly from Tangerine. Clients must be the Primary Account Holder on the Applicable Account. The Offer does not apply to certain Account types, as outlined in the full Offer Terms and Conditions. The applicable Posted Rate and the Additional Interest rate are annualized rates, calculated daily and paid monthly. Additional Interest will not be payable on Applicable Accounts that are closed before each monthly payment of Additional interest is made. This Offer and interest rates are subject to change without notice. Please see full Terms and Conditions below."

I moved out all my money from Tangerine 3 weeks ago, when my 2% promotion expired.

July 5, 2016
8:03 am
Cashen
Members
Forum Posts: 10

Figures, as usual everyone's getting a slightly different rate. Either way I moved my money over from EQ to take advantage of this while I have it. I wasn't in on the previous promotion.

July 5, 2016
8:10 am
SlowPoke
Members
Forum Posts: 51

Hmm just logged in to check. No message for either of our accounts so I guess they don't need our money any longersf-confused

July 5, 2016
8:34 am
bpwest
Members
Forum Posts: 86

2.54% is my offer, same dates

July 5, 2016
9:30 am
ertyu
Members
Forum Posts: 134

Poking around the website I find reference to rates of 3.25%, 3.1, 3.07, 2.82, 2.73, 2.54, 2.37, 1.75

July 5, 2016
11:17 am
rhvic
Victoria, BC
Members
Forum Posts: 472

I got no offer of any kind, but then I am one of those who called Tangerine before the end of the last offer and got them to give me 2% for the next three months.

So, in future I will go back to my previous strategy - pull out most of my deposits just before the end date of the current offer (to bring my balance to a low number) and then wait for them to offer me a new rate on whatever 'new' deposits I bring back in.

July 5, 2016
12:23 pm
rfdm4g4g9
Members
Forum Posts: 252

Wow. Good for you. They are now giving Targeted offers starting from 1.75 % to 3.5 % !! For Net New Deposits starting from July 5 - Sep 30.

I got Nothing :(

See 3.25 % OFFER link below - Targeted and Net New Deposits only.
https://www.tangerine.ca/en/landing-page/summersavings2016/101.html

July 5, 2016
12:28 pm
amidat
Members
Forum Posts: 36

I also got the 3.25% offer.

I moved most of my money from Tangerine a few weeks ago when my 2% promotion expired and when they told me no new promotion available for me.

I guess they changed their mind and now want my money back. sf-laugh

July 5, 2016
12:33 pm
reality
Members
Forum Posts: 36

Tanga has just become another "snake oil salesman". My " 2% promo" ended June 29th and I called in July 1st to either get the 2% for 3 months that I already knew about or move out the entire balance but was coerced by a lying rep that I should leave it in there because there was a new "promo" coming out July 4th. She told me if I had no email or sign on splash screen on the 4th that I should call in. I called July 4th and waited 40 Minutes to speak to a supervisor. I explained the previous call and she said the rep didn't know what she was talking about all she could offer is the 2% deal. I said you are going to have a pretty angry customer if I accept the 2% now and you bring out something better in a day or two. She said that won't happen so I took it. I phoned back today thoroughly pissed when I saw this topic and spoke to another supervisor. To make a long story short I waited another 30 min only to be told that it's acceptable for Tanga to lie to me. I have been with them almost since day one. This has become a scumball bank. I would way rather trust a used car salesman at least you know what to expect.

July 5, 2016
12:51 pm
fabafter50
Members
Forum Posts: 179

Those B*****ds! Last offer I received nothing and this is the paltry garbage they offered me.

Sorry for the interruption, but we couldn't wait to let you know that you've qualified for a special interest rate offer.

New deposits of up to $500,000 to your Tangerine Savings Account(s) from Jul 05, 2016 to Sep 30, 2016 will earn 2.37% interest* until Sep 30, 2016. This rate will also apply to Tax-Free Savings Accounts.

Make the most of this special rate while it's available.

They can shove it and that's what I wrote and told them. Every penny is coming out there!

July 5, 2016
12:59 pm
rfdm4g4g9
Members

ertyu said

Poking around the website I find reference to rates of 3.25%, 3.1, 3.07, 2.82, 2.73, 2.54, 2.37, 1.75

You can add 3.5 % offer to that too :) . See post # 3 , 3 posts above you, by poster name Winnie , he/she got 3.5 %.

July 5, 2016
1:05 pm
rfdm4g4g9
Members

Did anyone who accepted or were stupid enough to accept their 2 % - 90 days offer in the last couple of weeks, get any targetted offer this time around ? I was one of those guys who took the 2 % offer after calling in, hindsight is 20:20.

Looks like if you already have a 2 % - 90 day offer ongoing or any other special offer ongoing , they don't offer you anything, irrespective of how much balance you have or if you have moved money in and out :(

July 5, 2016
1:59 pm
SlowPoke
Members
Forum Posts: 51

They had given me 3% until June 30 but have received no new offers since

July 5, 2016
2:15 pm
Rick
Members
Forum Posts: 1110

Moved my money out of savings and into checking on July 4 and started a transfer to EQ. Just logged in/out (twice) and no offer at all. Last offer came a few weeks after the promo started, so maybe it will come yet. If the new promo starts Jul 5, I guess the funds sitting in the checking should count as "new" funds......IF I get an offer. I could close out EQ and just stick with Tang if they just quit playing games. Starting to p*** me off.

July 5, 2016
3:35 pm
Bill
Members
Forum Posts: 3930

A tiny, immaterial fraction of their customers are on forums like this one or call in the second a promo ends, 99.9% just go along with whatever comes down the pipe. So maybe they're watching these sites and are having fun being totally random and inconsistent with the few rabid interest rate chasers. They're likely just as happy to upset folks like us and hopefully be rid of us, our money comes and goes on a whim and can't be counted on to stay around - it's predictable, loyal behaviour that is needed for planning lending and mortgage activity.

July 5, 2016
4:15 pm
toto
Members
Forum Posts: 306

I had phoned when my 3 percent promotion was ending. They offered the 2 percent for 90 days but I turned it down and initiated Eft to Eq bank.
I called again on July 4th to check rate targets, and again they said just 2 percent offer is on the table. My whole 500,000 went out to Eq and then they targeted me 3.25 on July 5th! I have to move it before they will target me , otherwise they are hoping I will just leave it in at .8 percent or take the 2 percent. I'm getting used to the game, but lose interest while my money is on route back and and forth. Trying to link savings accounts so I can pull money and not lose interest but some institutions don't link savings or it is a huge hassle.
My husband got targeted too, and we will take full advantage. All of this year , the only month I didn't have an offer from tangerine was March , so collected lots of interest. Thankful I have the time to keep track of all these banks, as we have 9 of them now! Also this blog is my lifeline!

July 5, 2016
4:37 pm
rfdm4g4g9
Members

Lets see if PC Financial comes up with anything similar upto 3.25 % for Net New Deposits.

I will move my Tangerine money there. Its currently on their 2 % - 90 day offer, so I am sure, I won't get any offer from them

July 5, 2016
6:12 pm
semi-retired
Members
Forum Posts: 232

Hello all =Thanks for the heads up on this promo.I would not have checked my TANG mail if I had not read this topic. I got the 3.25% promo letter today.I havn't had jack in any of my accounts here for a long time.A GIC(18 month 2.3%)from Peoples Trust comes due tomorrow.Instead of going to EQ,it will be heading to Tangerine for the 3 months.Thanks again.

No permission to create posts

Please write your comments in the forum.